Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Shortwave

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

1 minute ago, Number 23 said:

Showers in the North Sea look to be tracking just to my North - Colchester/Braintree along the A120 maybe?

Yeah we've had showers on and off all day. Some heavier than others. A few more breaks in the clouds now allowing some sunny spells. 

7 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

Multicar accident near great yarmouth, air ambulance on scene

Best wishes to all involved - maybe the conditions are slowing traffic such that any collision won't be as severe.

Just now, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

Best wishes to all involved - maybe the conditions are slowing traffic such that any collision won't be as severe.

lets hope so

Winds have really picked up in the last 10 minutes. Blowing up big clouds of powder into the air. -3.6C at midday is incredible!

Just now, snowblind said:

Yeah we've had showers on and off all day. Some heavier than others. A few more breaks in the clouds now allowing some sunny spells. 

Same here really. Hopefully catch a shower or two this pm.

What a day so much snow falling almost constant heavy snow from 7am until noon and looks like more to come too. 

When was the last time we saw snow this widespread and heavy from Edinburgh down to London? Quite exceptional.

5 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

0B12334D-A8D2-4310-A544-F436B56CBF26.jpeg

Look like mine every time they go outside and each time track half a ton of snow back in on their feet :girl_devil:

Currently experiencing a wee lull...Could soon be curtains anyhow. Nothing goes on for ever!:santa-emoji:

PS: It's just started again!:yahoo:

Impressed with how far inland those showers from earlier have got nearly at Oxford!

Stopped here at the minute, clouds building from the east.

Fairly poor back home again in St Neots and it looks set to miss out on any epic snowfalls this week - pretty impressive just now at work in London though - such a rare sight here and looks fantastic so at least I have my snow fix.  Overall a massively improved winter this time around, can't complain from an imby perspective even though I'd like more!

14 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

omg and now an ambulance has been in a collision by there

Edited by JennyJane1

13 minutes ago, Mikel Nimbus said:

Winds have really picked up in the last 10 minutes. Blowing up big clouds of powder into the air. -3.6C at midday is incredible!

I won’t see this again in my lifetime with it almost March. It’s phenomenal isn’t I did well too last night, some of the heaviest snowfall I’ve been seen and then this shower train today very impressive.. :) 

2 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

I won’t see this again in my lifetime with it almost March. It’s phenomenal isn’t I did well too last night, some of the heaviest snowfall I’ve been seen and then this shower train today very impressive.. :) 

Got any predictions for our thread in regards to Thursdays/Fridays snow? 😉

Can’t tell anymore what is falling from the sky from what is being whipped up by the winds, up from the ground, down from rooftops and off the trees, it’s mayhem :rofl:

5 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Yeah I dont think I will see this again ever, shame it doesnt happen more often it really is amazinhg to watch and enjoy.

7 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

You didn’t strike me as being that old Daniel .......

Hoorah, snowing, or was snowing - although melting pretty quickly in the sun. Still did better in December but guess it's down to the time of the year!

2 minutes ago, bluearmy said:

You didn’t strike me as being that old Daniel .......

It’s -3.4C right now where I am that is extreme, the cold is phenomenal. One in a hundred plus cold for almost March.