Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Captain Shortwave

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

Feeling pretty stupid ATM for my "large teapot" predictions over the past few years.  I think this is the most snow I've seen on the ground here since at least 2005.

Edited by chrisbell-nottheweatherman
  • Like 2

Sun's out, thought right, grab proper camera. Battery dead. Other camera. Battery dead. Phone camera not as good as last one by a long chalk. I'll be down to a film camera soon....

Sun keeps trying to come out here but then the snow comes back. Not as heavy now but snow none the less.

Woah! Pretty heavy snow here now.

• Like 1

Definitely brightening up now but that was a phenomenal morning of snow. As was yesterday the case yesterday most will melt in the sunshine so going to try and get out and about to enjoy it while it lasts. Good luck to those who haven’t had anything yet

1 minute ago, Lowestoft Weather said:

I’ve got 9”

ooer missus

sunny and snowing:blink2: snow turned up bang on 11am, well done BBC

6 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

Feeling pretty stupid ATM for my "large teapot" predictions over the past few years.  I think this is the most snow I've seen on the ground here since at least 2005.

yes not many people buy large teapots anymore, they have become a thing of the past, you're obviously way out of touch with teapot buyers:unsure2:

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 1

just think how good this could have been without the shortwave dropping across the central uk tues am and last nights across east anglia - would have been streamers galore with a strong mean ene flow. 

Anyway - let’s see what happens through the rest of the day although I’m still not convinced this will be a sustained streamer into the Home Counties. I think may be a bit further north. 

Snowing quite heavy and has been for 10 minutes....We shall see

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jason T said:

Snowing quite heavy and has been for 10 minutes....We shall see

Yep, already covered the areas where snow had melted earlier. :)

• Like 1

Chingford London E4 getting smashed. 

Schools still open. 

But for how long?

2 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

yes not many people buy large teapots anymore, they have become a thing of the past, you're obviously way out of touch with teapot buyers:unsure2:

I presume you're aware that the swear filter changes "m o d e r n w i n t e r" to "large teapot"?

• Like 1

Ok, brightening up now.. Some have done extremely well, My location not even an inch

Got a covering here now. Looking out the office window it's starting to ease a bit.

9 minutes ago, echodelta21 said:

I'm not a forecaster (beyond radar watching and saying "it's going to snow!", but NW short range model is showing the Thursday/Friday event heading more towards Ireland? Hope I've just misread it, but that's a hell of a change compared to the current amber/yellow warnings for most of southern England....

It's just reaching us at Watford as I type, now clouded over after a blue start to the day, though we did get a covering through the night and it all looked white, though not deep, probably about 40 mm - the min was -5C and the temp is now -0.8C. 

I note that the forecasts are now delaying the start of the thaw by about a day - these situations can be problematic. 

• Like 1

Come on I want some of the action too but the streamers are abit too north for me, will the wind help develop showers on the sea?:nonono:

oooh, chucking it down with the lovely whitestuff here in Welwyn - an inch here so far, best this year :yahoo::snowman-emoji:

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Matty88 said:

Don't fear - you've done better than most! A mere 1-2cm here near Cambs 

By the looks of the radar you could be about to get lucky...