Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Weather

Snowing heavily here in Romford after around 1cm over night.

• Like 1

Posted

It was fascinating travelling down to London from Bedfordshire on the train yesterday afternoon. You could see all the snow showers dotted about the horizon and it was amazing to see how localised some of them were.If you looked out of the window to your west, it was sunny and then to the east, it was snowing.Literally the width of the railway track difference, Quite something really.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Easygoing, but winter is meant to be white, dammit!

Am I the only one patiently waiting and hoping the Met Office extend that Amber zone for Thursday/Friday towards us slightly with each day that passes?

Moderate, unexpected snow here again and looks like convection coming almost due west along the south Essex coast....bonus round!

And as for melt....it's -4 here at the moment....as long as we can keep that pesky sun above cloud, we should be ok...

On a work note....as predicted, the wheels fell off the rail service.  We're still trying to provide a full service, but train failures, point failures and reduced running speeds have all had a distinct impact today and looks like it won't get any better...i'm working from 1415, so I can join in the fun :rofl:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice
17 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

SE Essex and the coasts might not do as well as 5-10 miles further down the line as these places seem to be the initiation point. And I guess its only fair that places that have not seen the snow get some.

Share and Share alike

i was thinking that . . . . until now . . . . incoming ;-)

Posted
2 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

Near blizzard here now and the snow is really piling up outside (yeah, that was a good meatloaf impression :clap:) it is insane how much snow has fallen since last night.

Same :)

1 minute ago, Lowestoft Weather said:

Amber warning needs to continue here as it’s blizzard conditions in Lowestoft still.

B12B9225-D06F-4242-B07D-11E1BF5ED43D.jpeg

Same here, doesn’t look to be ending anytime soon.

• Like 1

Posted

Its great that a lot of you have got tons of snow. For us here we've had a little bit,maybe a cm or two. It looks as if the big man above has emptied the remnants of his flour sack over us as an afterthought. 

Clouding over now,though. Maybe we'll get another sprinkle.

Posted

Damn sun melting my snow I worked hard for this:rofl::wallbash:

• Like 1

Posted

It's been great here, yesterday & today. But for once I would love to be in the sweet spot! I want to feel the full force of that low tomorrow or Friday, or give me all that snow they have on the East cost of Scotland! I want the epicness, not sloppy seconds! :closedeyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!
4 minutes ago, Dbarb said:

Damn sun melting my snow I worked hard for this:rofl::wallbash:

Yeah shower has pushed through here now as well looks like that could be our lot for today in our area. Was nice to see a bit falling this morning - need a bit of cloud cover now!

Edited by Number 23

Posted

Boring now, snowing/blizzard conditions south Norwich...

I LOVE IT WOOOOOOOOOO!

Must be getting on for 8/9 inches now, wonder if we'll make the foot!

• Like 5

Posted

Quite heavy snow in Peterborough again, wasn't expecting any this morning.  I wonder whether that next batch of showers will make it across to us in the strengthening easterly wind? Thoughts anyone?

Posted

Dusting to the west of cambridge now, radar looks good for the next hour or two. Could scrap an inch or two if we’re very lucky. Got an inch in half an hour in Cambridge itself on Monday so when the showers align well, I can see how the more coastal areas have done so well. Heavier snow falling now. (Typical as I need to get a train shortly to london!!)

• Like 1