Jump to content
Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Captain Shortwave

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

Recommended Posts

medium snow here again we are going to have a good accumulation by this afternoon if the sun doesnt melt it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tight isobar said:

Clouds building @uxbridge!

Fully expecting to be in the game v-soon !

Yep, if it continues on it's current track and growth this could catch a lot of people out by surprise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

Oh my stars, just seen a little snownado whizz across the back garden!

And with that, I'm off out...I might be gone for some time!:shok:

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting very dark now after the beautiful sunshine! still about -3. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually snowing pretty hard now. Glad I managed to get out for a bit of a play with my daughter earlier - no school for her today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SE Essex and the coasts might not do as well as 5-10 miles further down the line as these places seem to be the initiation point. And I guess its only fair that places that have not seen the snow get some.

Share and Share alike

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cleared my car to go to work, then was told to stay home. Treachorous road conditions in Norfolk today. The car is showing snow since about 9am.       IMG_1020.thumb.JPG.31aa03e77ddf2d040236fa85b93e2242.JPGIMG_1019.thumb.JPG.606690eca62ccc9cd4922e9f7fc675d2.JPG 

Edited by Lebowski
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now up to 11cms here, 10 miles west of Ipswich. My interest now is the strengthening easterly wind. First of all, for those in the west of the Region this could see showers reaching further inland. But secondly, the snow lying on tree branches and roofs is already being blown about. I can see problems later as the wind gradually increases. Gusts of up to 40mph by this afternoon will see this dry, powdery snow getting blown off fields, etc., and possibly blocking roads. Despite snow showers easing, will places experience 'ground blizzards' later on?

Arpege gusts 14.00 5a967f9fa5be0_ArpegeGustsWed28Feb14_00.thumb.png.fe608cec9664ea71bb99099189a7422a.png

Edit: Have the Met Office lifted their Amber warning too early? It expired at 10.00 and it's still moderate snowfall here with worsening conditions.

Edited by Blessed Weather
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Come on showers - just a little bit further, you can do it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heavy here at the moment, flakes smaller than earlier but quite blustery.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Snowed heavily overnight here in Thurning (North Norfolk). Clocked up something like 7 inches, with more heavy snow falling. Radar looks like it will ease though, so perhaps I should get ready for the melt.....

Still, this is the heaviest snowfall here for a good 10 years. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Now up to 11cms here, 10 miles west of Ipswich. My interest now is the strengthening easterly wind. First of all, for those in the west of the Region this could see showers reaching further inland. But secondly, the snow lying on tree branches and roofs is already being blown about. I can see problems later as the wind gradually increases. Gusts of up to 40mph by this afternoon will see this dry, powdery snow getting blown off fields, etc., and possibly blocking roads. Despite snow showers easing, will places experience 'ground blizzards' later on?

Arpege gusts 14.00 5a967f9fa5be0_ArpegeGustsWed28Feb14_00.thumb.png.fe608cec9664ea71bb99099189a7422a.png

Just measured accurately as 6" (sorry - old school!) depth here in Worlingworth - NW of Ipswich. p.s. anyone seen our cat?

DSCF7149.JPG

Edited by bbtablet
addition
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was fascinating travelling down to London from Bedfordshire on the train yesterday afternoon. You could see all the snow showers dotted about the horizon and it was amazing to see how localised some of them were.If you looked out of the window to your west, it was sunny and then to the east, it was snowing.Literally the width of the railway track difference, Quite something really.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I the only one patiently waiting and hoping the Met Office extend that Amber zone for Thursday/Friday towards us slightly with each day that passes?

Moderate, unexpected snow here again and looks like convection coming almost due west along the south Essex coast....bonus round!

And as for melt....it's -4 here at the moment....as long as we can keep that pesky sun above cloud, we should be ok...

On a work note....as predicted, the wheels fell off the rail service.  We're still trying to provide a full service, but train failures, point failures and reduced running speeds have all had a distinct impact today and looks like it won't get any better...i'm working from 1415, so I can join in the fun :rofl:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, tight isobar said:

Clouds building @uxbridge!

Fully expecting to be in the game v-soon !

Recon it will get to us? Looks like it could go NW over Uxbridge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Near blizzard here now and the snow is really piling up outside (yeah, that was a good meatloaf impression :clap:) it is insane how much snow has fallen since last night.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

SE Essex and the coasts might not do as well as 5-10 miles further down the line as these places seem to be the initiation point. And I guess its only fair that places that have not seen the snow get some.

Share and Share alike

i was thinking that . . . . until now . . . . incoming ;-)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

Near blizzard here now and the snow is really piling up outside (yeah, that was a good meatloaf impression :clap:) it is insane how much snow has fallen since last night.

Same :)

1 minute ago, Lowestoft Weather said:

Amber warning needs to continue here as it’s blizzard conditions in Lowestoft still.

B12B9225-D06F-4242-B07D-11E1BF5ED43D.jpeg

Same here, doesn’t look to be ending anytime soon.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...