East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hope it's ok to share some pictures I took whilst out around our little village this morning   I won't bore you with them all, but here's a few of my favourites  

The thaw not very far away now. An'interesting winter indeed...and coming now to conclusion. Its been emotional and at times frustrating. Over and out. See ya-all november...ish.

Posted Images

Hurrah! Some decent snow here in Cambridge, looks like the winds have been more favourable this morning and piled a load of showers our way. Not as much as some lucky folks, but I’ll take it! Maybe 2-3cms

1 minute ago, Chris101 said:

Can now see the Easterly push on the back of the wave squeezing more energy into the convection.

Was just thinking this looks like it was building again, filling into a more organised area of snow again, a promising next few hours coming up 

Decent snow cover here this morning. More than in December which was 6cm so I'm estimating between 8 and 10. Still light snow now.

weather station gave up the ghost at -5.9 at midnight, back online at -4.6 at 345. Been -4.6 ever since.

^Im in Coggeshall as well.

Edited by snowblind
5 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

Sheep have got more snow than straw! Down side of easterlies, blows straight in the barn!

IMG_20180228_065234.jpg

aww poor sheepies.Just checked my birds, all ok, baby is warm, seagull is very angry about something, but hey that's a seagull for you.:clap:Trains are beginning to be cancelled so it looks like i am going nowhere today.

• Like 4

Look at those beefy showers coming in. Wind direction means anyone North of the M25 is going to get some more snow over the next few hours.

Wind certainly favours us throughout the day but whether there's much PPN around is another matter. Hopefully we have another day like yeterday.

Tomorrow looks interesting the further West you are of our region, seems to be uncertainty as to how far East the lot from the South will come. 

Edited by Uxbridge90
37 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

about 30 mins SW of Norwich - his footprints were at midnight and they are still visible! However it's snowing again now, very tiny flakes though. 

I'm about 26 min SW of Norwich and have 3 inches of lying snow this morning, still snowing now. Sounds like you've been desperately unlucky!

1 minute ago, ribster said:

I'm about 26 min SW of Norwich and have 3 inches of lying snow this morning, still snowing now. Sounds like you've been desperately unlucky!

Still got around 5 inches so not all bad (and that fell between 6pm and midnight) Looks like the flow is more favourable now.