East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hope it's ok to share some pictures I took whilst out around our little village this morning   I won't bore you with them all, but here's a few of my favourites  

The thaw not very far away now. An'interesting winter indeed...and coming now to conclusion. Its been emotional and at times frustrating. Over and out. See ya-all november...ish.

Posted Images

We have a really nice covering here close to Gt Yarnouth. Just checking the school closures 27 in Norfolk so far, but I can see that rising. Still snowing and lots more to come by the look if the North Sea. :) Best snow for a fair while here. 75 closures now, escalating quickly!

Edited by Lebowski
  • Like 1

Good covering here in Shenfield, looks like we will get clipped again within the hour. A balmy -4.5 with a dew point of -8.

Won’t be attempting work today!

Morning all, anything exciting happening? Surprised to wake up to no further snow overnight, what's that all about? I know there hasn't been as I deliberately let my oldest dog out into the drive last night for a wee and I can still see his footprints!

We have chaos on the roads 30 miles north of here and to the the south but, not a flake of snow to be seen down my street. Infact my commute to Milton Keynes is like a snow no go area in general.

2 minutes ago, Sparky68 said:

We have chaos on the roads 30 miles north of here and to the the south but, not a flake of snow to be seen down my street. Infact my commute to Milton Keynes is like a snow no go area in general.

Maybe just a "Snow go area" area then?

Things looking pretty good for the northern part of the region with the flow now more se and some instability aloft

wonder how much convection will come off the North Sea once the sun is up 

could be that the south of the region will be done and ‘dusted’ once the commute is over - hopefully not ! 

2 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

Just run the radar, can now see why central Norfolk didn't get anything overnight. The showers just couldn't make it this far :nonono:

That's not strictly true, depends what you call central - where are you? Plenty of Norfolk has seen snow overnight...

I'd say maybe a couple of inches here, looks very pretty and a bit more than I thought we might squeeze overnight. 

Nice to see others been getting a bit as well and hope most get at least a covering before it runs out of beans. 

1 minute ago, ribster said:

That's not strictly true, depends what you call central - where are you? Plenty of Norfolk has seen snow overnight...

about 30 mins SW of Norwich - his footprints were at midnight and they are still visible! However it's snowing again now, very tiny flakes though.