Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

Just now, Paul Sherman said:

Just shows how strong those winds are aloft, the radar cant keep up with the speed of these showers.

Great news about Inland Norfolk

I was wondering why the radar seems so sketchy. Do you think the showers are running out of strength that quickly? If so, we need a more organised band to get going.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hope it's ok to share some pictures I took whilst out around our little village this morning   I won't bore you with them all, but here's a few of my favourites  

Late Feb sun is strong, but i didn't think it was strong enough to melt roads

The thaw not very far away now. An'interesting winter indeed...and coming now to conclusion. Its been emotional and at times frustrating. Over and out. See ya-all november...ish.

Posted Images

Seeing some of the snow depth predictions for Tuesday onwards in seriously underwhelming, especially when watching the MetO's forecasts quote "persistent and organised bands of snow". Circa 5cms... Got more than that from the transient stuff bck in Dec! This is "The Beast" would be hoping for around 20cms.  

1 minute ago, Paul Sherman said:

Just shows how strong those winds are aloft, the radar cant keep up with the speed of these showers.

Great news about Inland Norfolk

So true, showers are sparking up randomly and becoming more prominent in land. The strong winds, moisture uplift from the sea combined with very cold upper temperature is creating snow showers. Fantastic news for guys in Norwich and Suffolk area. Keep your updates coming in. Magic bat. 

• Like 1

-2 here, obviously feels much colder says feels like -7,:cold: ,just put some food out for the fox that pops into my garden, my cats had a little nibble, but came running in, too cold for them :) 

Edited by Joanne Swann
temp drop
Just now, Sno' problem said:

I wonder why he only did a defined area for snow totals?

In terms of the map? I believe he works for 'Look East' and therefore this is his forecasting region covered. 

6 minutes ago, Weather_Novice said:

Seeing some of the snow depth predictions for Tuesday onwards in seriously underwhelming, especially when watching the MetO's forecasts quote "persistent and organised bands of snow". Circa 5cms... Got more than that from the transient stuff bck in Dec! This is "The Beast" would be hoping for around 20cms.  

I'm not sure whether you've been reading the forums of late but please note:

1) It's not started yet for Essex.
2) You're in one of the best places in Essex for this event. 
3) It's been mentioned all over the place, snow depth predictions are illustrative only and subject to change. 
4) It's showers, by their very nature some will get lucky, some will not. 

• Thanks 2
4 minutes ago, saint said:

In terms of the map? I believe he works for 'Look East' and therefore this is his forecasting region covered. 

Very IMBY, but hey-ho... It seems an accurate prediction as far as the latest GFS goes. It could be that if a streamer set-up were to occur, then it could be higher totals further inland. I reckon that areas to the SW and WSW of The Wash will see quite a lot more than he predicts.

Edited by Sno' problem