Sign in to follow this  
Captain Shortwave

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

5 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

Just been out. In my slippers 😆

IMG_20180227_214818.jpg

Those are funny tracks...? Looks like a snow hare! :D

1 hour ago, eddie1 said:

any chance of gt yarmouth seeing much snow tonight ?

You are better off asking someone who knows what they’re on about 

34 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Wow!! That's a great photo of a shower cloud over London this afternoon. I expect you were under it @Daniel* ? Shame we're not still in the same thread!

5a95cd0b01dd8_CloudLondon27Feb2018.thumb.jpg.d6a9e925d56e4de8359508030f162442.jpg

https://twitter.com/NPASLondon/status/968522249711116288

It was out this world! It was like sheets of snow you could barely see across the road. You know about microbursts but it was like a ‘snowburst’ a snow squall almost, it lasted for 10 minutes and it gave me a light covering.

That shower over Clacton looks like it’s headed straight for London...🤞

Currently : 

Temperature  -8.8°C
Humidity 92% 
Dewpoint -9.8°C
Wind

ESE

Tonight is the record breaker for this year now as it was held by Feb 12th dipping down to -6.9c

How low can it go :D

OMG North West Norfolk coast just got hammered.

I took my terrier out for a walk along the coastal path, must have been a hour of blizzards. lovely. proper numb could not roll a fag Found our way to a pub. Happy days.

Met O have just chucked the region an Amber warning for tonight...

Just now, Will Whittaker said:

OMG North West Norfolk coast just got hammered.

I took my terrier out for a walk along the coastal path, must have been a hour of blizzards. lovely. proper numb could not roll a fag Found our way to a pub. Happy days.

I reckon we just got dumped 3 inches in Brancaster.  Blowing around too. Come on Get in.

Looking great in the latest radar runs... Good convection, reports of lightning and a definite Easterly component in the Thames Estuary. 

Another late nbight, but worth it this time I think!

2 minutes ago, Team Jo said:

Met O have just chucked the region an Amber warning for tonight...

It was a matter of time... It is going to take a lot of people by surprise tonight.

1 minute ago, john mac said:

And what a shock I miss it again!!😢😢😢😂

Wouldn’t worry too much about that, it looks like we may have showers moving into the London/Essex area.

1 minute ago, Will Whittaker said:

I reckon we just got dumped 3 inches in Brancaster.  Blowing around too. Come on Get in.

Maybe 4 or 5 inches to be honest.

Not bad. i confirm a Beasterly here after that. I have seen worse but so far. exciting.

Just now, john mac said:

And what a shock I miss it again!!😢😢😢😂

I think they might well extend the warning. Time will tell, but the ppn is far more intense than last night.

Just now, Sno' problem said:

I think they might well extend the warning. Time will tell, but the ppn is far more intense than last night.

Sno, share the love with Herts please!? 😂

I wouldn't rule anywhere out in regards to getting these showers, though coastal areas will see the highest totals. Intereting that thunder and lightning is being mentioned. This suggests some real decent convection off the north sea tonight.

Interestingly I did get an email from work regarding snow, interesting that it was today and not a few days ago. To be honest most of us dismissed it but maybe, just maybe there have been thoughts that tonight could get exciting.

Edited by Captain Shortwave

Just now, Sno' problem said:

Does seem like convection has started. Before now was just 2 min snowfall every hour for last 48 hours. That blizzard was awesome. good hour long.

well i was in Amber last night and i got nothing :shok:, but im still hopeful, had lots of snow showers which covered the grass well sort of, all frozen here