Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Shortwave

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

Bright and sunny here in Chelmsford and quite warm when the wind isn't blowing, practically no lying snow anywhere just damp patches.

12 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

unconscious drunks and people fighting outside pubs?

That's North Kilburn :friends:

Some seriously Impressive Temps at 2pm today with -2c widely across Essex. Great convection as well

2 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Some seriously Impressive Temps at 2pm today with -2c widely across Essex. Great convection as well

Paul what’s the chance of a Thames streamer as the wind veers more easterly?

Any chance of any more tonight in great yarmouth or have we had our lot now after last night ?

So whats occurring tonight/tomorrow then for Norfolk? In the sun the snow has melted here today but in the shade it's still over you shoes. Main roads are clear and dry, side roads damp/slushy.

Will we get any more snow now?

Convection is sharpening for this evening -and indeed overnight.

You get the feeling .....the starters to the main meal...thursday!!!!

4 minutes ago, tight isobar said:

Convection is sharpening for this evening -and indeed overnight.

You get the feeling .....the starters to the main meal...thursday!!!!

Still fancy that disturbance in the flow to head east over our region

Wind's backing more to the north - I'm taking it as a good sign of what this evening and night might bring.?:yahoo:

Certainly more stirring out in the North Sea at the moment by the looks of it some oranges and yellows reappearing.

Hard to tell but seem destined for Kent at the moment?

Edited by Number 23

Something about this location. Even when heavy showers approach they split up to the north and south and then join after they pass by. I noticed this over the years. I can't figure out why though. Cursed area

4 minutes ago, Snowman31 said:

Something about this location. Even when heavy showers approach they split up to the north and south and then join after they pass by. I noticed this over the years. I can't figure out why though. Cursed area

I agree, Ive noticed this with storms as well as snow showers!!!

The showers moving towards London are picking up in intensity slightly as they move WSW, looks like the Thames is helping out now.

Light snow again here from a small shower that just appeared on the radar. Looking good convection wise.

1 minute ago, Matty88 said:

That could well be quite fruitful for the likes of EA and my part of the world - charts certainly show good precipitation potential over the next 16-20 hours 

About time huh ? I'm further west than you in St Neots. It's high time we were in the firing line

1 minute ago, Matty88 said:

That could well be quite fruitful for the likes of EA and my part of the world - charts certainly show good precipitation potential over the next 16-20 hours 

Yeah would be better for whoever gets anything as they will hold any accumulation overnight. Looks like midnight onwards could see a fair bit somewhere if that's to be believed.

1 minute ago, fatyido said:

About time huh ? I'm further west than you in St Neots. It's high time we were in the firing line

Agreed! I have to be honest though, it is a bit of a long shot. There's a high probability we won't do well at all until that main system comes in on Friday. Just being realistic 

Best advise is to keep radar watching but the signs are it's not exactly going to be a snow fest for our parts - it'll just be about getting lucky.. 

20 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Wind's backing more to the north - I'm taking it as a good sign of what this evening and night might bring.?:yahoo:

Nice shower now Pete, getting you too?

Edited by SuffolkDan