Snow?

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hope it's ok to share some pictures I took whilst out around our little village this morning   I won't bore you with them all, but here's a few of my favourites  

Late Feb sun is strong, but i didn't think it was strong enough to melt roads

The thaw not very far away now. An'interesting winter indeed...and coming now to conclusion. Its been emotional and at times frustrating. Over and out. See ya-all november...ish.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, lassie23 said:

not had a snow flake yet, instead had grains, pellets and what can only be described as the snow equivalent of bisto gravy granules :cc_confused: the pellet in the eye was unpleasant:vava:

Plenty of Polystyrene showers about today! 

Thinking of changing my username to 'Disappointed of Romford'....got robbed of any favourable easterly component overnight, and unless i'm mistaken, we just got the easterly bit just as the convection dries up until sun-down. :rofl:

Still hoping for something nice here....just had a 5 minute heavy shower, but nothing upstream. And with the sun beaming through, it vanished in 5 minutes too....

But positive thinking! Tonight is another night, and Friday still looks to have potential, even if the bulk appears to be heading more Southern/South Western UK.  :D

Well, finally, it's happened. About 45 mins ago the beast delivered my first proper snow shower. Very heavy, full covering, but alas, the sun is making easy work of melting it all.

ah well, I've seen abit now, suppose I better stop moaning now...lol

Bit more optimistic about Thursday and Friday with the latest amber warnings....would expect to see a little eastwards migration of the zone, hopefully.  And that will be frontal snow, if i'm correct? A lot less hit and miss than streamers, at any rate :D

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, echodelta21 said:

Bit more optimistic about Thursday and Friday with the latest amber warnings....would expect to see a little eastwards migration of the zone, hopefully.  And that will be frontal snow, if i'm correct? A lot less hit and miss than streamers, at any rate :D

Hopefully we'll see a bit more movement our way but I'm not holding my breath. The convective stuff has mainly missed us so hopefully it'll go out with a big bang and a quick thaw over the weekend to avoid too many travel complications.

4 minutes ago, Jason T said:

Snow showers on and off today, Plenty off sunshine too. Just a slight dusting

Hopefully we'll see some more overnight and then late Thurs into Fri with that low!

What a strange ol day. Had 3 groupel bouncing snow falls here in Welwyn followed by strong sun which melted everything not in the shade. You could actually watch it burn through as the shadows moved with the sun.  The ice on the water for the chickens we have was solid yet as i was replacing it i could feel the heat of the sun on my neck (might have a sun tan !) and there’s little or no wind.. Looking at the radar and sat it seems Welwyn has missed some significant snow experienced in other parts of the region. Lucky them i'm itsy jealous.

Maybe as the wind changes and that low from the south moves we’ll get more - i like surprises

Stay safe out there and good luck everyone if you want snow (-;  

link to the temps and dps here: https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=IWELWYN8

• Like 1

Any reports from the middle of London? According to the radar an almighty nearly blizzardous shower is crossing the capital, can imagine that's going to have a bit of an affect on the roads for the next hour or two there!