Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Shortwave

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

I am finding the weather at the moment incredibly frustrating. Had some heavy showers yesterday but nothing settled until about 5 when the last one went through and left a covering. Nothing overnight then a brief heavier shower about 8 this morning which topped up the one from yesterday evening. Only a thin covering which has melted in the sun. Just up the road from me in Colchester there has been quite a bit. Other places towards the coast have done well and it's great to see the pics😀

The automated forecast on the met office site for tonight and tomorrow looks quite encouraging and a much colder day than today with a max of minus 2. I know everyone says to ignore these but, quite frankly, for a day ahead it's been more accurate than any forecast or warning I've seen for my location so let's hope it continues.

News saying there was a 17 car crash at colchester in the snow but no injuries.

38 minutes ago, moogyboobles said:

6 minutes ago I had this, but the roads have already melted. 

snow-1.jpg

Late Feb sun is strong, but i didn't think it was strong enough to melt roads:shok:

Car crash was just up the road from me.  We’ve had considerably more snow than Colchester town.  I don’t want to sound like I’m gloating but it comes over the top of my Doc Marten boots!

2 minutes ago, Amanda Sherborne said:

Car crash was just up the road from me.  We’ve had considerably more snow than Colchester town.  I don’t want to sound like I’m gloating but it comes over the top of my Doc Marten boots!

Same here!Mind you, the kids found it too cold and wanted to go back in!

very heavy snow here atm \o/

The sun is my enemy at the moment. Had a good 3/4cm of laying snow. Every time the sun shows its face the snow melts rapidly!

not had a snow flake yet, instead had grains, pellets and what can only be described as the snow equivalent of bisto gravy granules :cc_confused: the pellet in the eye was unpleasant:vava:

1 minute ago, lassie23 said:

not had a snow flake yet, instead had grains, pellets and what can only be described as the snow equivalent of bisto gravy granules :cc_confused: the pellet in the eye was unpleasant:vava:

Plenty of Polystyrene showers about today! 

#BeastFromTheEast #BigFreeze #snow #blizzards

Thinking of changing my username to 'Disappointed of Romford'....got robbed of any favourable easterly component overnight, and unless i'm mistaken, we just got the easterly bit just as the convection dries up until sun-down. :rofl:

Still hoping for something nice here....just had a 5 minute heavy shower, but nothing upstream. And with the sun beaming through, it vanished in 5 minutes too....

But positive thinking! Tonight is another night, and Friday still looks to have potential, even if the bulk appears to be heading more Southern/South Western UK.  :D

Well, finally, it's happened. About 45 mins ago the beast delivered my first proper snow shower. Very heavy, full covering, but alas, the sun is making easy work of melting it all.

ah well, I've seen abit now, suppose I better stop moaning now...lol

Large snow shower kicking off in Chingford including hail 

Everything white in minutes unfortunately clear blue skies behind again!😡

6 minutes ago, john mac said:

Everything white in minutes unfortunately clear blue skies behind again!😡

This must the 4th occasion this has happened but this last one was definitely the heaviest. Only lasted max 10mins!

Bit more optimistic about Thursday and Friday with the latest amber warnings....would expect to see a little eastwards migration of the zone, hopefully.  And that will be frontal snow, if i'm correct? A lot less hit and miss than streamers, at any rate :D

3 minutes ago, echodelta21 said:

Bit more optimistic about Thursday and Friday with the latest amber warnings....would expect to see a little eastwards migration of the zone, hopefully.  And that will be frontal snow, if i'm correct? A lot less hit and miss than streamers, at any rate :D

Hopefully we'll see a bit more movement our way but I'm not holding my breath. The convective stuff has mainly missed us so hopefully it'll go out with a big bang and a quick thaw over the weekend to avoid too many travel complications.

Looks like showers are slowly building around the Ipswich coast area. Let's see if these can grow and push inland.

Snow showers on and off today, Plenty off sunshine too. Just a slight dusting

1 hour ago, moogyboobles said:

Please ignore someone has already posted what I was going to.

Edited by claret047

Heavy snow shower in central London

4 minutes ago, Jason T said:

Snow showers on and off today, Plenty off sunshine too. Just a slight dusting

Hopefully we'll see some more overnight and then late Thurs into Fri with that low!