East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hope it's ok to share some pictures I took whilst out around our little village this morning   I won't bore you with them all, but here's a few of my favourites  

The thaw not very far away now. An'interesting winter indeed...and coming now to conclusion. Its been emotional and at times frustrating. Over and out. See ya-all november...ish.

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, Weather_Novice said:

Que?? :laugh: Do you mean it is now too cold to settle?

If that is the case, let just have spring - it is miserable.

No, it can never be too cold to settle but when it is very dry snow does sublimate i.e. ice changing from a solid to a gaseous state without the intervening state of being a liquid. 

As it happens I see the cu is now building up more, the temp is now +1 C :angry:, however the radar shows showery activity over Holland and the North Sea heading in our direction. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, mike Meehan said:

No, it can never be too cold to settle but when it is very dry snow does sublimate i.e. ice changing from a solid to a gaseous state without the intervening state of being a liquid. 

As it happens I see the cu is now building up more, the temp is now +1 C :angry:, however the radar shows showery activity over Holland and the North Sea heading in our direction. 

Watford is getting nothing now look at the gfs new 10day

4 minutes ago, Essex Chelle said:

No coz in basildon they only got icing sugar on the floor ?

So now you tell them that they didn't want it enough so you kept it all for yourself, and if they apologise you might sort them out tomorrow:rofl:

I'm not promising but that might just work lol.

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, mike Meehan said:

Good, need more cloud cover. In 20 minutes under the sun everything is melting fast. It's a big drip drip orchestra. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, mike Meehan said:

It's actually quite interesting to watch and I've not seen it before - the shower we had left a dusting which disappeared from the paths and shed rapidly, now another shower pushing in and snow settling immediately on the same surfaces.

15 minutes ago, MKMartin said:

mm would be rain, with snow it is generally 8-10 times more iirc so it is predicting close to 20cm

That maybe the case. I was confirming that on the model/forecast 1992 was mentioning was infact in mm not cm. If you think the general rule is x10 then all power to you. However, i think you'v got more chance of me playing upfront for town than that happening...come to think of it i think most people could do better than who we'v got atm. I hope im wrong though and we do get those amounts

Most frustating thing about this spell of weather  it misses our town and you here just down the road it is pouring down with snow ,snow shield is working well here ,when we do get a shower it only lasts a couple of minutes.