Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

How dark the sky went before we had that big shower about 10am which lasted a good hour

Screenshot_20180227-115303.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails
4 minutes ago, Chris101 said:

Surely the works crew are happy with that.

No coz in basildon they only got icing sugar on the floor ?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Mostly Watford but 3 months of the year at Capestang 34310, France
  • Weather Preferences: Continental type climate with lots of sunshine with occasional storm
  • Location: Mostly Watford but 3 months of the year at Capestang 34310, France
25 minutes ago, Weather_Novice said:

Que?? :laugh: Do you mean it is now too cold to settle?

If that is the case, let just have spring - it is miserable.

No, it can never be too cold to settle but when it is very dry snow does sublimate i.e. ice changing from a solid to a gaseous state without the intervening state of being a liquid. 

As it happens I see the cu is now building up more, the temp is now +1 C :angry:, however the radar shows showery activity over Holland and the North Sea heading in our direction. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, mike Meehan said:

No, it can never be too cold to settle but when it is very dry snow does sublimate i.e. ice changing from a solid to a gaseous state without the intervening state of being a liquid. 

As it happens I see the cu is now building up more, the temp is now +1 C :angry:, however the radar shows showery activity over Holland and the North Sea heading in our direction. 

Watford is getting nothing now look at the gfs new 10day

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Heavy snow in Chingford right now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

John Hammond says snow showers later for east London 

C3FE2AB4-D1FB-4722-8363-3C0C1E30EBAD.jpeg

Posted
4 minutes ago, Essex Chelle said:

No coz in basildon they only got icing sugar on the floor ?

So now you tell them that they didn't want it enough so you kept it all for yourself, and if they apologise you might sort them out tomorrow:rofl:

I'm not promising but that might just work lol.

Posted
6 minutes ago, mike Meehan said:

Good, need more cloud cover. In 20 minutes under the sun everything is melting fast. It's a big drip drip orchestra. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!
8 minutes ago, mike Meehan said:

It's actually quite interesting to watch and I've not seen it before - the shower we had left a dusting which disappeared from the paths and shed rapidly, now another shower pushing in and snow settling immediately on the same surfaces.

Posted
15 minutes ago, MKMartin said:

mm would be rain, with snow it is generally 8-10 times more iirc so it is predicting close to 20cm

That maybe the case. I was confirming that on the model/forecast 1992 was mentioning was infact in mm not cm. If you think the general rule is x10 then all power to you. However, i think you'v got more chance of me playing upfront for town than that happening...come to think of it i think most people could do better than who we'v got atm. I hope im wrong though and we do get those amounts

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything exciting.

Most frustating thing about this spell of weather  it misses our town and you here just down the road it is pouring down with snow ,snow shield is working well here ,when we do get a shower it only lasts a couple of minutes.

Posted

Decisions my Mercedes AMG sport rear wheel drive automatic with heated seats windscreen or my daughter's KA with nothing heated? gotta go work got not option ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Still snowing here in Chingford but lighter now

Posted

Activity has all but died out fully here now, can't complain because we have got something but can't help but want more..

Posted
22 minutes ago, mike Meehan said:

They can throw down Artic snow proportions into Chelmsford, just just settling!  Very frustrating really and surprising.
Just had a persistent, heavy fall, the ground is now damp as it has all "sublimated" ...

Posted
1 hour ago, Weather_Novice said:

Need to be educated here!  Why is snow failing to settle in Chelmsford?  Just had a heavy-ish shower with large flakes but as soon as they his the ground, they melt!  The temp is around freezing and dew point must be favourable??  :cc_confused::cc_confused::unknw:

Basically the air is just above freezing so the surface in contact with it is just above freezing hence the melt if just a few flakes land on it. Sun in addition causes some very slight heating in between showers. 

• Like 1