East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

2 minutes ago, saint said:

Let's hope for a repeat! Given the conditions this week, you have to think we'll see plenty of showers pushed this far west.

Definitely, Dare I say it...You would really have to be unlucky not see any snowfall this week in our region. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hope it's ok to share some pictures I took whilst out around our little village this morning   I won't bore you with them all, but here's a few of my favourites  

The thaw not very far away now. An'interesting winter indeed...and coming now to conclusion. Its been emotional and at times frustrating. Over and out. See ya-all november...ish.

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

These charts from Dan Holley at Norwich based Weatherquest are now very appropriate for our new Region. Potential snow accumulations to midday Mon, Tues and Weds:

5a932535dd9c3_WeatherquestSnowAccum26Feb2018.thumb.jpg.b08ff5426b9ee98bf1bb52db26a98fba.jpg5a93253e242e0_WeatherquestSnowAccum26-27Feb2018.thumb.jpg.47ed42d7a81a84d7a92bba010481ae3b.jpg5a9325463fe6b_WeatherquestSnowAccum26-28Feb2018.thumb.jpg.cf6de6c7123594d46685138dc2158ddf.jpg

oooh i'm 'patchy'

....we'll see about that

Nurse!!

• Haha 1
21 minutes ago, Delka said:

personally i think they look accurate, maybe even generous for some places!

I will add the why to my statement. 

The direction of the profile of the snow lines looks if though its s straight easterly, yet close range high red models shoe Streamers in both the wash and Thames indicating a North of East component. 

Normally 13 degree temp difference is required for lake (sea) effect snow to occur. The difference this week will be up to 24 C so bigger showers, these further being enhanced by even colder air aloft. 

Added to this is the durnial heating. 

We are are in March the strength of the sun will assist the penetrator inland

So to  recap bigger showers, going further inland than would normally be the case. 

Edited by FetchCB
Spelling
2 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Just stepped out for a ciggie and clouds getting more depth now, felt a few pieces of precip hitting my face

Its not gunna b long people

Orange glow to the NE

:rofl:

And the mad thing is people to my SW wont see this as they are in a different thread

Awww orange glow not seen that in a while! 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Paul Sherman said:

Just stepped out for a ciggie and clouds getting more depth now, felt a few pieces of precip hitting my face

Orange glow to the NE

And the mad thing is people to my SW wont see this as they are in a different thread

What do you reckon for us here in south east essex ?keep seeing so many mixed forcasts for the showers some show us in the sweet spot others not so good?..

4 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Orange glow to the NE

Annoying with what affects you could go on to affect me. Bah. I’ll just split myself in both threads..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I reckon after seeing the conditions change like I have in the past 2 hours, we will be seeing the first snow grains by midnight, will turn to snow showers by 2-3am and a covering by first light

• Like 5
Just now, Daniel* said:

Annoying with what affects you could go on to affect me. Bah. I’ll just split myself in both threads..

And thats why it wont work, in the old days we were the first to report the first echoes and Mr Murr down in Greenhithe would get partying knowing it was heading to you guys further WSW

• Sad 1
15 minutes ago, eddie1 said:

Yep but starting to show a little bit of settling on my shed roof not much but can see it 

Eddie1,, can you put your location in your profile pleeeze

otherwise the snow isn't really happening where you live (-:

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Jason T said:

Definitely, Dare I say it...You would really have to be unlucky not see any snowfall this week in our region. 

Brave words! :wink: Hopefully that convection does really get going. Even the December snow was a surprise to be fair.

1 minute ago, Paul Sherman said:

I reckon after seeing the conditions change like I have in the past 2 hours, we will be seeing the first snow grains by midnight, will turn to snow showers by 2-3am and a covering by first light

Bang on the money there Paul. Light snow blowing horizontally in the strong easterly wind. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

You think paul?

Has got that feel about it out there

6 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

And thats why it wont work, in the old days we were the first to report the first echoes and Mr Murr down in Greenhithe would get partying knowing it was heading to you guys further WSW

Yeah that’s what I will miss as well. Always good fun that back in the day

13 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Orange glow to the NE

Same here, cloud really streaming in now, felt something on my face too. Not sure if the orange glow I can see is in fact Norwich :rofl:

27 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Yh Pressure really dropping out there seeing TCU just off the coast already, having seen this in the US every tornado season, its going to kick off very soon

i think we could be looking at quite an unexpected snowfall total by morning . . .