East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hope it's ok to share some pictures I took whilst out around our little village this morning   I won't bore you with them all, but here's a few of my favourites  

The thaw not very far away now. An'interesting winter indeed...and coming now to conclusion. Its been emotional and at times frustrating. Over and out. See ya-all november...ish.

Posted Images

Well we got between 2-3” overnight here in Halesworth, roads slow but passable on my 34 mile round trip school run to Lowestoft this morning, better on the return journey due to the sun thawing some of the snow. @Lowestoft Weather Lovely rough Collie you have there, I have a blue Merle rough, who returned home from our walk at 6.30 this morning with many snow balls stuck to his fluffy feet :)

• Like 1

Yesterday, Thurrock received two very light and very short snow showers. My area according to the Met Office had an amber warning but no snow  fell overnight or in the early hours as the sky became very clear with hardly any cloud cover.  I wonder if the heavy snow showers set for Thurrock have only been postponed and not cancelled.

4 minutes ago, SN0WM4N said:

Euro 4 is party time this evening indications of ANOTHER streamer then a more organised band of snow for the entire region 

18022800_2700.gif.f770c6e00acb5909a2209e70f47cf803.gif   18022806_2700.gif.724560c5783f2ad3494c7cd85bf7e9aa.gif

I'm pretty sure that square gap on the second chart is where I am. Bahahaha

7 minutes ago, Sky High said:

Teits, what about north herts? Please. :) 

If I was honest so far what the Met O/BBC/Models have forecast compared to the reality has been very different for my location. So with that in mind I am sticking with the radar only.

All I can say is the peak of snow shower activity for your location and much of this region will be today/tonight. The risk lessens tomorrow from the SE of this region as we pick up a ESE,ly. Still expecting snow showers for N parts of this region till tomorrow afternoon.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, saint said:

Best chances for Herts will be this afternoon and then early hours of the morning tomorrow I think! 

Cheers. What's the chances of getting out of going to the mother-in-laws on Saturday? :rofl:

• Haha 1
Just now, Sky High said:

Cheers. What's the chances of getting out of going to the mother-in-laws on Saturday? :rofl:

Haha! Totally depends on what the low does Friday into Saturday, which I believe still isn't totally clear. 

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, TEITS said:

If I was honest so far what the Met O/BBC/Models have forecast compared to the reality has been very different for my location. So with that in mind I am sticking with the radar only.

All I can say is the peak of snow shower activity for your location and much of this region will be today/tonight. The risk lessens tomorrow from the SE of this region as we pick up a ESE,ly. Still expecting snow showers for N parts of this region till tomorrow afternoon.

Pretty much on a par with what Saint just said. Thanks mate, appreciate it. 

• Like 1