Jump to content
Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward


Recommended Posts

morning  about  2 inches  out side  snowing with a temp of  -4.4via my weather station not looking forward for theend of the week looking very die!!:cold:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hope it's ok to share some pictures I took whilst out around our little village this morning   I won't bore you with them all, but here's a few of my favourites  

Late Feb sun is strong, but i didn't think it was strong enough to melt roads

The thaw not very far away now. An'interesting winter indeed...and coming now to conclusion. Its been emotional and at times frustrating. Over and out. See ya-all november...ish.

Posted Images

Definitely lowestoft and canvey are the big winners tonight. Thanks for the pictures!

Looks like showers are losing their energy quickly after moving inland. Perhaps they'll go further inland throughout the day on Tuesday. I think Wednesday could be better for more inland parts as winds swing to an ESE direction. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Amanda Sherborne said:

Just woken up in a village outside Colchester to a good 2 inches!  Still going great guns out there atm 

Heading back to Colchester this morning, do you know if it’s settled on the roads as well ? Wondering whether it’s aftually worth attempting haha

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, irish_lancashire said:

Heading back to Colchester this morning, do you know if it’s settled on the roads as well ? Wondering whether it’s aftually worth attempting haha

I’m in a little village just outside so our roads haven’t been prepped, it’s quite heavy atm though! See previous photo of CCTV ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, essexweather said:

Have just come off the phone with the chief in Exeter and new warnings will be issued within the hour regarding Thursday/Friday. It is not good news if you're looking for a major snow event here in East Anglia. They are going with a SW event mainly and indications are it won't get this far East now.

Short-term. The change of wind direction (NE to ENE or E) will now occur early afternoon which sadly is when the showers will start to loose their kick. However, there will be widespread shower activity over much of Essex, Suffolk and Norfolk this morning.

There is a strong signal for showers on Wednesday in Norfolk and Suffolk, less so in Essex.

Cheif was happy with current warnings in place for London, South-East and East Anglia so no change expected here

Latest warnings still cover east Anglia ref Fri/Sat snow!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a fair few snow showers overnight.looks about 5cm out there.classic North East streamer set up ish where Essex coast and north Kent get it but rest of Essex wondering what fuss is all about.looks few more to come this morning before winds go to east and we lose the longer track of sea

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just woken up to a solid covering, very chilly here so checked baby bird and he is toasty, just waiting to see if we get any more snow today and glad i dont have to go out today.

Edited by JennyJane1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol well if I squint it looks like we've had a cm...You have to say if thu and fri don't look like delivering now this has been an abject flop for most of us. 

Way it goes I know, but this week is now going to struggle to be the best event of the last three months for me, let alone the last ten years! Disappointing given the options on the table last week and the rarity of Easterlies nowadays. 

Was hoping to see at least something by now but looks like possibly a few showers today and then dry again. If yesterday is anything to go by that will melt sharpish. 

Cold can do one now, haven't read the MOD yet but presuming if there's no blizzard expected for here then the warm air is being held off for now.

Bloody weather eh?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, essexweather said:

Have just come off the phone with the chief in Exeter and new warnings will be issued within the hour regarding Thursday/Friday. It is not good news if you're looking for a major snow event here in East Anglia. They are going with a SW event mainly and indications are it won't get this far East now.

Short-term. The change of wind direction (NE to ENE or E) will now occur early afternoon which sadly is when the showers will start to loose their kick. However, there will be widespread shower activity over much of Essex, Suffolk and Norfolk this morning.

There is a strong signal for showers on Wednesday in Norfolk and Suffolk, less so in Essex.

Cheif was happy with current warnings in place for London, South-East and East Anglia so no change expected here

So basically I’m missing out everyday. Better make the most of this morning then eh

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve waited years for a decent easterly and......it’s a bit cold and there’s a frost. Disappointed and embarrassed that yet again my excitement has got my kids’ hopes up and made me look foolish!

Edited by rodthrutheblock
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, rodthrutheblock said:

I’ve waited years for a decent easterly and......it’s a bit cold and there’s a frost. Disappointed and embarrassed that yet again my excitement has got my kids’ hopes up and made me look foolish!

Yes! Kids are seriously miffed by the weather forecast "Where's the snow? Thought we were going to have a snow day off school ?"

What has been delivered as promised is a poor rail train table despite the lack of snow....

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

-4.9c and a bit of a frost, not too bad with no wind but bitter when there is, certainly felt colder this winter but crazy low for this time of the year. Looks like it'll be a cold, but dry day here. Roll on this time next week when temps start to creep up again!

Edited by Uxbridge90
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...