Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Shortwave

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

We must be in the worst possible place - midway between two separate streamers!:D

2 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Thanks Captain

The Twigs are Streamers

Looking at the Fax, I think you could be in a great position tonight, I wouldn't be surprised to see Southend and Shoebury get 15cm out of this.  

4 minutes ago, Frostbite1980 said:

@Captain Shortwave will that middle streamer effect any of those further north of the region like herts/beds/bucks?

Unlikely - they are convergence zones where the winds are coming together and causing lift.  They are fairly predictable areas in a situation like this. 

6 minutes ago, Frostbite1980 said:

@Captain Shortwave will that middle streamer effect any of those further north of the region like herts/beds/bucks?

Fingers crossed that some of the showers do push inland, that said these showers are mostly forming along convergence zones but that doesn't mean that showers couldn't occur. 

That said I might just post this chart from the 18z ICON.

icon-0-30.png?26-18

Tomorrow night, a clear disturbance developing off the coast which pushes into the region during the morning. This looks very similar to the one which will hit the NE later tonight. This should help develop and organise the showers and drive them inland. Watching the forecasts, they do seem keen on pushing an area of snow into the region at this time, something to keep an eye on.

Edited by Captain Shortwave

1 minute ago, bluearmy said:

Unlikely - they are convergence zones where the winds are coming together and causing lift.  They are fairly predictable areas in a situation like this. 

I seem to remember a CZ a few years back that came ashore near Southwold and went across Colchester, Stanstead, Harlow, and Herts though

Never say never

2 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Fingers cross that some of the showers do push inland, that said I might just post this chart from the 18z ICON.

icon-0-30.png?26-18

Tomorrow night, a clear disturbance developing off the coast which pushes into the region during the morning. This looks very similar to the one which will hit the NE later tonight. This should help develop and organise the showers and drive them inland.

Now that is the most interesting chart for this area so far. It will be interesting if the GFS shows the same disruption. Only about 30 mins before we find out :) 

13 minutes ago, john mac said:

Pressure on the way down here. Liking that trend!!

Do you think the Chingford/surround areas will be getting any accumulations tonight/tomorrow?

Can`t believe I am straw clutching but I have been watching this clump from the coast and is just about holding together. Can it make it?

BTW, what is 1 up from Beast from the East? You know just out of interest...

Capture 7.JPG

1 hour ago, Rayleighlass said:

No way, I’m in Rayleigh and grass is green.  😱😱. I’m obviously on the wrong side 🤣🤣😂

Where are you Rayleighlass ?

I'm near the church, so the highest point but I get the difference 

At the station today isn't wasn't  white but go up the hill and there is a covering.  Not much I grant you but a difference.  I say this as someone who used to lived on the Birds estate, c. 1m asl 

Don't post much, what chance have Dagenham/Romford got.

My 3 year old daughter would love to see some settling snow.

4 minutes ago, Stuie W said:

Can`t believe I am straw clutching but I have been watching this clump from the coast and is just about holding together. Can it make it?

Capture 7.JPG

I'm just south of you in Mountfitchet.

Settling snow in Rayleigh. Come on Messrs Sherman, Southender et al, I'll race you down Crown Hill.  Last one in gets the round at the Travelllers 

5 minutes ago, Stuie W said:

is it Bast*** from the Arctic?

1 minute ago, exodus said:

I'm just south of you in Mountfitchet.

Hi mate :-) Maybe we can dig each other out....

1 minute ago, JennyJane1 said:

Like it, I was thinking something along the lines of "Buried from every direction"....

“Beast from the east” producing nothing apart from a few snow flakes today and cold feel In the wind. 

South and East London and Northampton northwards and North Eastwards producing the goods. 

North Herts, Beds and South Cambridgeshire wondering what all the fuss is about this week. 

11 minutes ago, Planet Stow said:

Do you think the Chingford/surround areas will be getting any accumulations tonight/tomorrow?

A fair chance once the winds swing more ENE. Serious chance of streamers tomorrow morning 

5 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

Inferior Siberia?

3 hours ago, lassie23 said:

were the lampposts stolen

we just dont have any around where i live, but council tax still loads, should be less due to that :rofl: