Snow?

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hope it's ok to share some pictures I took whilst out around our little village this morning   I won't bore you with them all, but here's a few of my favourites  

Late Feb sun is strong, but i didn't think it was strong enough to melt roads

The thaw not very far away now. An'interesting winter indeed...and coming now to conclusion. Its been emotional and at times frustrating. Over and out. See ya-all november...ish.

Posted Images

Lots of showers building in the estuary but all seem to be moving SW at the moment parallel to the Essex coast - so straight for NW Kent. We will need the wind to turn more ENE for most of us at the moment. 

Just watched the 6.30 BBC forecast, and it doesn't look that great at all for my area. The main areas that are forecast more prolonged snow are going to be further north, whereas we have only showers on offer, that's until the wind changes slightly and the showers are blown from the Wash northwards. Tomorrow's feature is spreading south westerly from the north to affect Yorkshire, parts of the midlands and possibly into South Wales. Showers will continue to affect Eastern areas except my town. !!  My hope for any lying snow is Friday by the looks of things, when the low tracks northwards hopefully bringing a spell of persistent snow. Good luck everyone else.

1 minute ago, bluearmy said:

Considering that we have almost no lying snow in our region, well done on making 96 pages! 

Is 96 the new 38 pages? ;-)

You mean you are not digging yourself out Blue? 

Just now, fatyido said:

Just watched the 6.30 BBC forecast, and it doesn't look that great at all for my area. The main areas that are forecast more prolonged snow are going to be further north, whereas we have only showers on offer, that's until the wind changes slightly and the showers are blown from the Wash northwards. Tomorrow's feature is spreading south westerly from the north to affect Yorkshire, parts of the midlands and possibly into South Wales. Showers will continue to affect Eastern areas except my town. !!  My hope for any lying snow is Friday by the looks of things, when the low tracks northwards hopefully bringing a spell of persistent snow. Good luck everyone else.

Yep, does seem that the areas originally predicted not to have much in the way of snow are now going to get what we should have had. They started pinching our storms and now this. 

Bitterly cold outside now, wind has really picked up but still not much more than a dusting of the white stuff but very cloudy tonight. 

Really hope we're going to see some concentrated showers & actually get some accumulations. Doesn't look like we'll be breaking any records after all the hype. 

Just now, FiftyShadesofSnow said:

Someone in the Yorks thread called it more the chihuahua from the Sahara.....

Haha I like that one! I think we really have over hyped this big time! Lol, can't believe we are all getting over excited over a few cm of snow. The met office app for my area next two days have been downgraded a lot. Roll on Friday I guess for Norfolk now 

18 minutes ago, Nizzer said:

Kiss of death for a lot of people in this thread from Mr Murr in the other thread. :(

What did he say? Fed up with Norfolk being some sort of cultural weather desert. We just can't seem to get decent snow no matter what the set up. Even when it doesn't get much better than this :cc_confused: