Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Shortwave

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

24 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

The rectangle of shame :nonono:

Capture.JPG

Been like this mostly all day Attleborough had shower lunchtime for 5 mins that's it apart from odd flake! Seriously it happens all the time! You just know end of week, the more intense snow will then just be to the west of us ! You see lol 

Lightest snow falling but it's easily settling on all surfaces. Absolutely bitter out. 

Lots of showers building in the estuary but all seem to be moving SW at the moment parallel to the Essex coast - so straight for NW Kent. We will need the wind to turn more ENE for most of us at the moment. 

Still some insane cold down in the Antarctic, touching -50 down there. 

Wasnt expecting that for this time of year. 

Considering that we have almost no lying snow in our region, well done on making 96 pages! 

Just watched the 6.30 BBC forecast, and it doesn't look that great at all for my area. The main areas that are forecast more prolonged snow are going to be further north, whereas we have only showers on offer, that's until the wind changes slightly and the showers are blown from the Wash northwards. Tomorrow's feature is spreading south westerly from the north to affect Yorkshire, parts of the midlands and possibly into South Wales. Showers will continue to affect Eastern areas except my town. !!  My hope for any lying snow is Friday by the looks of things, when the low tracks northwards hopefully bringing a spell of persistent snow. Good luck everyone else.

Just started snowing here, big flakes whirling in the wind! xx  

1 minute ago, bluearmy said:

Considering that we have almost no lying snow in our region, well done on making 96 pages! 

Is 96 the new 38 pages? ;-)

You mean you are not digging yourself out Blue? 

Just now, fatyido said:

Just watched the 6.30 BBC forecast, and it doesn't look that great at all for my area. The main areas that are forecast more prolonged snow are going to be further north, whereas we have only showers on offer, that's until the wind changes slightly and the showers are blown from the Wash northwards. Tomorrow's feature is spreading south westerly from the north to affect Yorkshire, parts of the midlands and possibly into South Wales. Showers will continue to affect Eastern areas except my town. !!  My hope for any lying snow is Friday by the looks of things, when the low tracks northwards hopefully bringing a spell of persistent snow. Good luck everyone else.

Yep, does seem that the areas originally predicted not to have much in the way of snow are now going to get what we should have had. They started pinching our storms and now this. 

Conditions over the past hour or so have been great here, looking at the radar I have more coming perhaps I can break the 1cm mark.

Bitterly cold outside now, wind has really picked up but still not much more than a dusting of the white stuff but very cloudy tonight. 

Really hope we're going to see some concentrated showers & actually get some accumulations. Doesn't look like we'll be breaking any records after all the hype. 

Not quite the "beast from the east " that I was hoping ,not yet anyway, very disappointed thus far, 

Edited by slater

Just driven home from Chingford to Waltham abbey. Nothing in Chingford. A light covering in Waltham abbey. Very very hit and miss

Kiss of death for a lot of people in this thread from Mr Murr in the other thread. :(

Edited by Nizzer

3 minutes ago, slater said:

Not quite the "beast from the east " that I was hoping ,not yet anyway, very disappointed thus far, 

Someone in the Yorks thread called it more the chihuahua from the Sahara.....

Wind has turned more easterly and showers starting to pile in of the north sea.

With uppers this low and a warm sea, we should be seeing way more than this. No idea what the issue is, but there must be a scientific reason.

Just now, FiftyShadesofSnow said:

Someone in the Yorks thread called it more the chihuahua from the Sahara.....

Haha I like that one! I think we really have over hyped this big time! Lol, can't believe we are all getting over excited over a few cm of snow. The met office app for my area next two days have been downgraded a lot. Roll on Friday I guess for Norfolk now 

Well finally getting some action from the wash, unfortunately it is just sporadic light snow. I really hope things pep up tonight and we don't see convection killed off by the system hitting areas further north.

32 minutes ago, shotski said:

Still some insane cold down in the Antarctic, touching -50 down there. 

Wasnt expecting that for this time of year. 

Minus 50 what?

13 minutes ago, Nizzer said:

Kiss of death for a lot of people in this thread from Mr Murr in the other thread. :(

Seems east of norwich will still be ok, hopeful.

Looking at the NW radar (yes being loyal), the more potent showers swinging in look to capture the region of Cambridge > South of Essex.