Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Never mind the snow, a late thawing of the last dusting has left every surface lethal. Chances of me getting up my lane tomorrow - zero, never mind driving anywhere :nonono: Total snow cover today - probably 0.5cm (optimistic estimate)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Best little shower since this morning right now in SWF, mainly because I can see the moon and the falling snow at the same time, can't recall seeing that before. It's settling now the sun has set. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.

Only really a dusting in NW Essex but showers becoming more frequent. I wasn`t expecting much today, expect tonight/tomorrow to spice things up a bit. Friday still looks on the table too if we can resolve what that freaking LP is going to do and when.

Posted

I’m super excited!.

my son is as well, hopefully this is going to be a lovely little week of weather. He’s 7 so he will remember this :). 

Im secretly hoping for a snow day for him tomorrow!. I know I can hope. 

Im Kesgrave Just outside Ipswich BTW!. 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!

Looks like the more chunky showers going to start running just to my South now over S Essex and into Kent.

Think it'll be a wait until tomorrow situation now. 

Posted
49 minutes ago, moogyboobles said:

Your neighbour the greatest living Englishman! Saw JCC at Festival No.6 a few years ago and he was great, I like a bit of poetry, I saw Kate Tempest last year and was blown away. Sometimes my job is really fun! 
This is the gig I am missing https://app.dice.fm/event/v3g2v-the-boxer-rebellion-28th-feb-islington-assembly-hall-london-tickets (and I took that photo) so it's a shame I can't make it. 

I popped out for a bit, can report about 10 flakes were seen outside Asda, so time to get reacquainted with the radar.

Nice, I'll look them up, I can't get enough of King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard at the moment, luckily they release an album every few months. Ah Martin, many was the evening sipping JD and listening to his stories in my kitchen. I got invited up to his lounge when Captain Sensible was over for the weekend. I was so awe-struck the only thing I said to him was "Alright?" Love Kate Tempest, her live performances blow my mind. 

Posted

Getting heavy again here in Wivenhoe. Downwind for this shower will be Maldon, Wickford, Basildon, Grays. 1st class is at the rear, quiet zone is in coach B.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Oh snow, got to be close second frosty mornings, all white and glistening,

so im back to the old wave my arm in the air to wake up the security light to see if its snowing,:ninja:, as i have no lampposts where i live, im expecting alot, :D, well some anyway :)

Posted

Superb little mini blizzard in north-west London just now; a blizzardette, if you will.

Not much more action north of the Thames now until tomorrow I would say. Oh to be living in north Kent tonight.

• Like 1

Posted
14 minutes ago, Wivenswold said:

Nice, I'll look them up, I can't get enough of King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard at the moment, luckily they release an album every few months. Ah Martin, many was the evening sipping JD and listening to his stories in my kitchen. I got invited up to his lounge when Captain Sensible was over for the weekend. I was so awe-struck the only thing I said to him was "Alright?" Love Kate Tempest, her live performances blow my mind. 

Did he say "Wot?"

Posted
3 minutes ago, Big Snow said:

Superb little mini blizzard in north-west London just now; a blizzardette, if you will.

Not much more action north of the Thames now until tomorrow I would say. Oh to be living in north Kent tonight.

Looks like more on the way except wind has veered more NE so may be it's being blown to Nkent 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
19 minutes ago, Wivenswold said:

She had me glued to the spot when I saw her, one of my favourite pictures of last year. I have many a story to tell, but we are more bothered about the snow dropping down than names. I'd be here all day! 

Right now I'm hoping my neighbours come home soon and turn on their lights, pitch black in my garden right now so I'm up and down looking out the front instead. A shower that looked great on the radar just skirted past my town, I'm taking it personally. 

Edited by moogyboobles
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

There's some bightenning on the infra red sat image here:

https://en.sat24.com/en/nl/infraPolair

Cloud thickening looks like the NorthEast will have some good snow.. but there is a little isty bit, a little itsy bit further south on this image (link above) that's developing too. Will watch the outcome on the lampost weatherstation later, prob around midnight !

Sorry can't paste image from the link above.. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
8 minutes ago, Joanne Swann said:

so im back to the old wave my arm in the air to wake up the security light to see if its snowing,:ninja:, as i have no lampposts where i live, im expecting alot, :D, well some anyway :)

were the lampposts stolen

Posted
31 minutes ago, masked_firefly said:

I’m super excited!.

my son is as well, hopefully this is going to be a lovely little week of weather. He’s 7 so he will remember this :). 

Im secretly hoping for a snow day for him tomorrow!. I know I can hope. 

Im Kesgrave Just outside Ipswich BTW!. 

Im pinewood so hoping my 6 year old gets snowed off this week. About time we built a snowman

• Like 3

Posted

Last heavy shower left a slight covering of the lightest fluffiest snow I've ever seen.

temp maxed out at 0.9c at about 2 this afternoon. Now -1.1c. A few snowflakes blowing in the wind as well.

am now in the amber warning zone for tomorrow we shall see

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely
24 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

The rectangle of shame :nonono:

Capture.JPG

Been like this mostly all day Attleborough had shower lunchtime for 5 mins that's it apart from odd flake! Seriously it happens all the time! You just know end of week, the more intense snow will then just be to the west of us ! You see lol 

• Like 1