Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Shortwave

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

2 minutes ago, Number 23 said:

6z GFS looks like it's nudged the warm encroachment south a bit for Saturday as well? 

Only one run but one to watch.

Yes, by the sounds of things it's a step in the right direction. 

Wow, people need to calm down!  Nothing was really forecast for last night or this morning...the main activity will be this afternoon and into the night.

Keep the faith!

Just had the most insane snow I have ever seen here, total whiteout conditions like out the states, just had 3cm of snow in 5 mins omg.

1 minute ago, Dbarb said:

Just had the most insane snow I have ever seen here, total whiteout conditions like out the states, just had 3cm of snow in 5 mins omg.

been tracking that shower but think it will pass just to the south of here

Just now, Dbarb said:

Wow, lucky you!  Wonder how they're faring back home in Colchester...not a lot blowing past me here on the Shotley Peninsula, just the odd short flurry.  You can almost sense it building up though, can't you?!  I'm far too old to be getting this excited about snow!  

just had a mini blizzard,, suns appeared again, still light flakes, then gets bigger, then light flakes again, what a weird scenario, everything that falls is sitting what it touches, no melting, full cloud and very cold :cold:

3 minutes ago, Dbarb said:

Yeah I only caught a minute or two of that but was mental while it lasted. Not much accumulation though. Just goes to show why you can't forecast snow totals for specific locations in these setups!

Trying to concentrate on work but also checking the radar as well...anyone else noticed how wildly the forecast keeps changing?  I don't mean from looking yourself, but by listening to what we can expect later on and tonight?  

2 minutes ago, Number 23 said:

Yeah I only caught a minute or two of that but was mental while it lasted. Not much accumulation though. Just goes to show why you can't forecast snow totals for specific locations in these setups!

5 minutes ago, Dj fart said:

Wow, lucky you!  Wonder how they're faring back home in Colchester...not a lot blowing past me here on the Shotley Peninsula, just the odd short flurry.  You can almost sense it building up though, can't you?!  I'm far too old to be getting this excited about snow!  

Its a shame as it just melts as it hits the ground.

We have a lift off!

Looking at the radar though, I won't be getting too excited....yet! :D

Good convection building in the northern part of the Thames Estuary, moving WSW

9 minutes ago, mishy said:

We have a lift off!

Looking at the radar though, I won't be getting too excited....yet! :D

You stole that from us! Now we're too south hahaha! 

2 minutes ago, Weather_Novice said:

Chelmsford - heavy snow showers BUT nothing is sticking and it is getting awfully wet on the ground

Hmm very surprising considering the 2m temps and dew points 

Had some amazing short showers here on canvey this morning but already I'm having moany people saying to me "told you it wasn' goimg to be much"  

Lazy day off ... just woke up to ... NOTHING. what happend ? Is the beast slowing or missing us (west London ish ) 

The convection train is not yet in motion.

Although later this afternoon-into this evening....is looking good.

More widspread activity on the cards.

2 minutes ago, saint said:

You stole that from us! Now we're too south hahaha! 

Lol it's now glorious sunshine!

3 minutes ago, danm said:

Good convection building in the northern part of the Thames Estuary, moving WSW

Is it due to hit our neck of the woods?

Edited by Planet Stow

1 minute ago, Snowflake Queen said:

Lazy day off ... just woke up to ... NOTHING. what happend ? Is the beast slowing or missing us (west London ish ) 

1 minute ago, Snowflake Queen said:

totally underwhelmed by this mornings events . . . . everything has passed to my south - we are in desperate need of the wind switching to an easterly 

1 minute ago, danm said:

Hmm very surprising considering the 2m temps and dew points 

3 minutes ago, Number 23 said:

Drip, drip, drip.

6 minutes ago, Weather_Novice said:

Chelmsford - heavy snow showers BUT nothing is sticking and it is getting awfully wet on the ground

Just read it up, its because of sublimation where the strong sun partnered with low humidity turn the snow straight to a gas and not into liquid. 

2 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

Was never forecast to be anything/much by this point.  Eyes to the skies for later into this afternoon/evening.