Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Captain Shortwave

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

Moderate / heavy snow now falling in St Neots after a slow start with light snow. Started to recover on paths and roads. Phone app says snow from now right the way through til 9am tomorrow, somehow I don't think so !

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tight isobar said:

Heavy accumulating snow here @uxbridge

Edit; grounds covering rapidly!!!

I'm putting Wealdstone vs Oxford City from 1% of being on, to 0%. lol 

Snowing here in SW Essex. 

• Like 1

Hello, once again guys! :D

I ventured out to Regents Park again this morning - canal still frozen over and places had about 10inches of snow. The windchill was at l;east-15c went it picked up, maybe even -17c!  :cold::cold::cold:

Anyway, cold spell is ending in the south of England with a BANG as moderate/heavy snow falling in the capital! :D:yahoo:

• Like 1

If we are going to go via radar viewing there are a few hours of snow in the offing.

Going between light to heavy @times.

Bbc app-has me with snow at 11pm still!!!

• Like 1

Light- moderate snow here in North London at -1c 6cm still lying on the ground hoping for a last 2-5cm top up before the thaw! :) 

• Like 1

Precipitation really picking up over London.....

Seen this numerous times before and I'm sure it's to do with London's heat island effect.

• Like 1

Snow in North London and getting heavier!

Edited by mooch
  • Like 1

Tiny ice pellets falling in Leigh-on-Sea ; feels below 0 out there. Interested to see what the band of precipitation headed our way days in the next hour....

• Like 1

Moderate snow in Harrow. Should go back to light snow soon. Radar suggests a cm or two for this area. 

• Like 1

Afternoon all, 

Patiently awaiting the snow here in N.Essex. Hopefully will get a few cms before the thaw sets in. Anyone else in essex reporting snow? 

• Like 1

Moderate freezing rain here in Pitsea with the odd flake mixed in, hope it turns to snow soon, just pretty much slid all the way to the shop and back

• Like 1

Nothing here in Dunstable/Luton other than very fine snizzle:nonono:

Looks like this has been a bit further West? Heavier stuff off through North London into Herts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eye of the Storm said:

Afternoon all, 

Patiently awaiting the snow here in N.Essex. Hopefully will get a few cms before the thaw sets in. Anyone else in essex reporting snow? 

Just turning to snow now near Chelmsford.  Had a patch of freezing rain a little earlier, it's absolutely lethal and I wouldn't want to see it again!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Eye of the Storm said:

Afternoon all, 

Yes been snowing lightly here in SW Essex for the last 10mins

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ice Day said:

Just turning to snow now near Chelmsford.  Had a patch of freezing rain a little earlier, it's absolutely lethal and I wouldn't want to see it again!

Yes had the same here earlier, horrible freezing rain. Hopefully wont cause too much travel problems

Yeh freezing rain here in Welwyn, it's punching holes through the snow like little meteorites. Glad I'm not driving car in it. 

Hopefully turn to snow soon as others have witnessed 

Snowing heavily here now. Fair play to you snow for putting on  this finale. I won't be changing the lock when you leave the door- you are welcome back anytime:)

• Like 1