Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Captain Shortwave

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

Just now, Djdazzle said:

No!

MO has nothing showing for my region for tonight and tomorrow...

Edited by Planet Stow

1 minute ago, Planet Stow said:

Those forecasts change all the time. Of course there is a chance of not getting anything, but it’s way too early to call it.

2 minutes ago, Lampostwatcher said:

yes Amber warning for West of London 5-10 cm.has been shifted east :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

So does that mean those of us in London will miss out???

Right on the border of that amber. Stuck at Heathrow airport waiting for a delayed flight out of here. The longer it takes the more likely the snow will affect things. 

• Like 2

wrong region thread

Edited by JK1

56 minutes ago, Freeman said:

The MO app has just updated Peterborough from nothing to 4 hours of heavy snow... is this possible? I wasn't expecting anything so any explanation will be appreciated!

Yes I've just noticed that as well, looking at the rainfall radar prediction it looks like periods of heavy snow. 

Will it happen? I don't know, the predicted radar can be hit and miss and tends to broadly right so that it will show a mass of rainfall whereas the reality its more fragmented if that makes sense. 

24 minutes ago, Planet Stow said:

Just look at the radar   I just don't  any notice of the  BBC news  weather  much it's so far out just lately

it's stopped. c'mon I want a lay in.

Sorry... late on tonight. Is it me or does it look like that front moving up is going to straddle Anglia? Looks like there's some heavy stuff in it.

19 minutes ago, JK1 said:

We have snow over us on radar in the worthing area but none seems to be actually falling in my area 🤔 just slight windy

Are you using the netweather radar?  If so many people reporting the same thing,.  Try using rain alarm app 

Just now, Sweetdream said:

Are you using the netweather radar?  If so many people reporting the same thing,.  Try using rain alarm app 

It won't matter what radar display you use, it's all the same data from the Met Office (precipitation type will be done independently using model data to determine whether it's rain, sleet or snow etc)

So the MO app predicts heavy snow and it stops.... been lightly snowing all day with nothing shown on the app

It's looking like its blocking to the east over the channel, but it did that earlier and it eventually broke through, and there's the chance/hope of it swinging round, so dont get too excited in Essex/EA....but dont give up hope either....its gonna be a long night radar staring!!

We expecting anything tomorrow?

10 minutes ago, exodus said:

Sunshine and tropical storms :) 

got me lay in, school closed tomorrow. :)

• Like 6

Just opened my curtains briefly and watched on as a child play tent rolled slowly down the road in the gusting wind... As you do.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, exodus said:

i'm expecting to wake up at some point. In case I don't, it's been nice meeting you all . . . 

1 hour ago, Bricriu said:

So does that mean those of us in London will miss out???

Not meaning to be a spoiler but, apart from those fortunate enough to get a wee bit overnight tonight, all most of us'll see is an irritating spell of initially-freezing sleety drizzle preceding the eventual arrival of the warmer air...?:cray:

There's only so much moisture one can squeeze out of a decaying front...?:unknw:

• Sad 1

All starting to move NW, don’t look like any for here tonight, was hopeful earlier watching the radar, and despite radar showing me under snow nothing has fallen 

Unfortunately I think Harrow will be to far north and east for anything meaningful from that band to the south. After a period of snow tomorrow afternoon / evening, it will start to slowly turn milder. Wouldn't expect a meaningful thaw to kick in until Sunday, though. In the meantime, enjoy whats left of the snow!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mark Bayley said:

Unfortunately I think Harrow will be to far north and east for anything meaningful from that band to the south. After a period of snow tomorrow afternoon / evening, it will start to slowly turn milder. Wouldn't expect a meaningful thaw to kick in until Sunday, though. In the meantime, enjoy whats left of the snow!

Would if we had any 

• Like 1

Im no expert, but I'm going for some light to moderate flurries in South Essex