Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Captain Shortwave

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

Looking like some wild  stuff to  night

3 hours ago, irish_lancashire said:

A couple of pics from the roads around Coggeshall, Feering and Tiptree to Colchester. Becoming impassable in places with the drifting and the blowing across the roads.

99D6BD84-E700-4D82-BE9D-465A656C1307.jpeg

7B011691-7055-4DBD-91BA-810C8A5D929F.jpeg

4BE9997D-0C1A-46DA-BD3A-33959B3AC798.jpeg

So jealous, that's fantastic!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Speedbird said:

you mean North West . . . 

Yes of course - NW and certainly not NE! :D

• Like 1

Awaiting a delivery of straw from just up the road, down to my last 2 bales :sorry: Sheep will be in for the foreseeable, huge drifts in the fields and then it all turns to mud later. And to think this time last year and 2016 the first batch of lambs were outside in fabulous spring weather by the 15th March....

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Lowestoft Weather said:

Same with the weather.

I'm in yarmouth and your in lowestoft does it look like this may clip us now ?

• Like 1

According to the homepage, it's -1C with a fearsome easterly wind - which are both true enough....The heavy snow, that's been indicated for the past 24 hours is, however, a work of fiction...A snexit?:shok:

There she goes to a chorus of West County voices...

Image result for friends pivot

Edited by Number 23

Anybody else's radar stuck?

Edit: OK now :)

Edited by mishy

1 minute ago, mishy said:

Yup!

1 minute ago, mishy said:

Yup......unless the entire storm has just stopped moving haha

1 minute ago, lassie23 said:

continuous pointless snow today

Have you noticed how we are constantly betwen gaps of heavier snow or snow dies about before reaching here

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

A fair bit of talk on Twitter that precip is further East than thought, and London will get some heavy snow. 😀 talk includes METO Pros too

Easy to see that on the radar but some in here dismissing it

Edited by Ali1977
  • Like 1

Looking at the radar, I just have a feeling there will be some surprise snowfall towards our areas. Unless that suddenly starts to pivot, some of that is heading our way.

8 minutes ago, eddie1 said:

I'm in yarmouth and your in lowestoft does it look like this may clip us now ?

Watching the radar with interest at the moment as there is a band of heavy snow branching out off the main band over Central/Northern France. I certainly think Kent, Essex, west Suffolk, Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire all in with a good chance later of some moderate/heavy snow (for a while).:cold:

I took a walk down to the Sea front and it was absolutely perishing with snow covering all the beach. The sea was incredibly rough with foam blowing off the crashing waves onto the sand.:shok:

• Like 1

The power is flickering intermittently here and looking out of the window, everything just looks white and icy.I don't think it will have thawed by the morning.The snow cover may stick around on the ground here for a few more days.

I thought I was imagining it but now the lamppost outside my house in on there is definitely some light snow falling now.

My wee granddaughter has spent the last 26 hours' bemoaning the fact that it hasn't snowed since yesterday lunchtime...Is it possible that snow's effect on the central nervous system is a heritable trait - one that jumps a generation?:shok:

• Like 1

Well a nice surprise to come out of work to see fine powder snow blowing in the wind and settling too.

Fingers crossed it can clip us would love one more last hurahh before we lose the beast

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Lowestoft Weather said:

Watching the radar with interest at the moment as there is a band of heavy snow branching out off the main band over Central/Northern France. I certainly think Kent, Essex, west Suffolk, Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire all in with a good chance later of some moderate/heavy snow (for a while).:cold:

I took a walk down to the Sea front and it was absolutely perishing with snow covering all the beach. The sea was incredibly rough with foam blowing off the crashing waves onto the sand.:shok:

Bedfordshire, we’ve pretty much had constant snow all day from about 7am. Lots of drifting and the roads are lethal. 

Edited by shotski
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

continuous pointless snow today

Don't listen to him snow. If he does not appreciate you come here:D

• Like 1

Nick L just in the Kent thread....latest EC gives 2-5 CM across the SE by midnight! 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1