Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Captain Shortwave

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

1 minute ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

NW radar still shows snow over almost the whole of the UK - it must be really struggling cos I can confirm over 24hrs without any further snow...

nowt here either

Persistent snow now again. Sky looks absolutely full of it. I am in West Cambridgeshire and must be just catching the low as it tracks north. Unexpected but happy. 

• Like 1

Yeah really does look like some in here could get some action it's huge!

can the cold hang on until next week, or will it all melt by monday:cray:

7 minutes ago, shotski said:

100% this look further east to me. 

6-7 hours of heavy snow to come 

89329BD7-5CF9-4428-8381-4525684329B3.gif

Def expanding east as it moves up. Could be a few cm's from this. In the end all good things were worth waiting for lol 

Don't think it's actually stopped here today. Looking good on the radar....the channel is looking very interesting.

• Like 1

I must be lucky woke up to snow, stopped around one when i went up to collect bubs from school, started about 20mins later and hasn't stopped. wasn't expecting anything today, but looks like nothing on friday here now.

• Like 1

From the radar it looks like its growing an arm reaching out to us!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I doubt  if the eastern side won't get anything (actually I'm quite pleased, with any luck we'll be the first out of the woods, and the first to dry out - there's always a bonus!)

• Like 1

We were all told that the system would bring warmer air to us in The south east on the right flank of the low pressure and for a while today that was happening on my personal weather station then about 40 mins ago the temp suddenly dropped by 1.7c so maybe it's traveling more east than originally thought and I confirm it's now snowing again in Hendon light snow that's being blown in the wind

• Like 1

was the snow to SW meant to be as far east as it is? thought it was meant to pivot west. Not complaining or anything.

• Like 1

Has snowed here pretty much non stop today but its so fine it just blows away. 

17 minutes ago, tinybill said:

Nice suffin France  coming  later hopefully

What are your thoughts for Great Yarmouth tonight?

Proper light snow falling in Central London now. :)

• Like 2

Temp now -0.2c here, thats the warmest its been for 2 days.. Unfortunately signs of a slight thaw are starting to appear, just hoping temps go down a little once nightfall hits, otherwise its a slow road to spring :(

1 minute ago, JennyJane1 said:

What are your thoughts for Great Yarmouth tonight?

Great Yarmouth - rest assured, you are always in the Nation's thoughts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Dami said:

was the snow to SW meant to be as far east as it is? thought it was meant to pivot west. Not complaining or anything.

From what i have heard it was meant to be further west but bits are spreading further east.  

Like you, we have had almost non stop snow from 7am but the ground isn't even covered as it is drifting so much

15 minutes ago, smichling said:

The system looks to have made it to London. Just. Thought It would turn away just short leaving us with not as much. However just started snowing in north London and hopefully should continue for a while. 

Good news son! :D We were only ever going to be on the fringes of this event though, we will have to be satisfied with a few cms at best this time. 

10 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

Snowing ... again getting bored now :pardon:

Indeed, effectively second day we're cut off now with roads closed due to drifting, no shops open, no public transport, hospital appointments cancelled. Doesn't take much to grind to a halt.

Edited by runboy

Well, it’s snowed all day since I got up. We’ve had heavy bursts and light bursts, but it’s been falling all day. It’s been really windy as well so we’re getting nice drifts in places. Is it ever going to stop :D