Snow?

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hope it's ok to share some pictures I took whilst out around our little village this morning   I won't bore you with them all, but here's a few of my favourites  

Late Feb sun is strong, but i didn't think it was strong enough to melt roads

The thaw not very far away now. An'interesting winter indeed...and coming now to conclusion. Its been emotional and at times frustrating. Over and out. See ya-all november...ish.

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Neilsouth said:

All stopped, radar isn't accurate

1 hour ago, Snowman31 said:

is the radar busted? nothing here but should be according to radar

5 shades of pink, ignore the first shade take the second with a pinch of salt and hope one of the remaining shades passes over your location.

get this most winters where i am from the cheshire streamer.

Edited by moorlander

Nothing in Rayleigh at the moment, or overnight by the looks of things.  However, clear that the freezing air is now in.  Good to hear of reports of snow in Shenfield which I will be passing by in about 15 minutes (assuming train doesn't get stuck in snowdrifts...I shouldn't joke, there is a high risk of delays later today - Greater Anglia have their excuses out already)

PS, looks like all the Essex folks are in the other thread. Has something changed ?

PS2, dusting of snow in Billericay

PS3, bigger dusting in Shenfield.  Time for a little nap now so that's the end of the Rayleigh to Liverpool st updates 

Edited by Vesuvius

Snow grains fizzled out in South Ockendon atm, tho a lot of cloud to my NE (very approximately), the breeze is much stronger than yesterday, and brrrrrrr cold. 

Not the most scientific report, but I don’t have the gadgets! ????

Excuse the scribbles but this is my rough idea of how things will pan out by Thursday. I think the streamer set up will really set up those in the estury area but areas further north and west may struggle to get close to 5cm. In November 2010 where I lived (NW essex) there was barely 5cm but down closer to Chelmsford it was near a foot. Don’t expect anything near to that extreme but the pattern seems similar 

937F25E0-9A71-4360-ADEA-A4496BD08601.jpeg

4 minutes ago, slater said:

The snow shield of mid Norfolk strikes every event this happens Jesus !!! What the heck go we have to do to get a flake of snow???

I know, something about our location and I think we're one of the dryers counties generally. Was snowing when I went to bed last night and nothing since, not even stuck from last night.

Last big fall was 1991 so you would hope on balance we're due some decent snow now from the beast from the east but I fear not. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, slater said:

The snow shield of mid Norfolk strikes every event this happens Jesus !!! What the heck go we have to do to get a flake of snow???

It's pretty much normal now with "interesting" weather for mid Norfolk. Look what happened to our fantastic storms of the late 80s and 90s :nonono:

19 minutes ago, CanadaAl said:

Excuse the scribbles but this is my rough idea of how things will pan out by Thursday. I think the streamer set up will really set up those in the estury area but areas further north and west may struggle to get close to 5cm. In November 2010 where I lived (NW essex) there was barely 5cm but down closer to Chelmsford it was near a foot. Don’t expect anything near to that extreme but the pattern seems similar 

937F25E0-9A71-4360-ADEA-A4496BD08601.jpeg

for us in south east Essex, we need the wind to turn more easterly - a NE wind here won't produce a lot