Jump to content

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hope it's ok to share some pictures I took whilst out around our little village this morning   I won't bore you with them all, but here's a few of my favourites  

The thaw not very far away now. An'interesting winter indeed...and coming now to conclusion. Its been emotional and at times frustrating. Over and out. See ya-all november...ish.

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, shotski said:

This cold spell isn’t going anywhere folks. Massive turnaround this evening. 

DC708428-9489-40ED-B3D4-83A106C4FD3C.png

I really hope this verifies, but it is just one run from one model....I need to keep my distance for now, I can't get sucked in just yet!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Really frustrating for cambridge, this. Too west for 99% of shower activity and too east for frontal systems. Shame to have only got an inch from these epic Synoptics. As ever, NNElies best for us. That said, we've had at least an inch of snow 5 times over 4 months this winter, so can't really complain. Plus who knows what tomorrow and Friday will bring! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well well well, I am so surprised, the snow starved North Suffolk for once got a good dumping, over 8" and now drifting to feet deep drifts off the fields, really did not expect this, even got off work early.  Lots of fun going for a long drive earlier, hand seemed to keep slipping towards the handbrake for some reason though...

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Tomorrow snow potential looking like the most Northerly extent is Milton Keynes possibly Northampton 

In a S’Easterly line through Luton down to the capital. 

Even this is questionable. 

Friday? Who knows... 

south and west of London look to do well... 

Edited by Ben Lewis
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, shotski said:

This cold spell isn’t going anywhere folks. Massive turnaround this evening. 

 

Wish it would go somewhere else soon. Right nuisance this time of winter. Don't get me wrong I like seeing a nice dump of snow. It is the collateral effects that are a pain. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Snipper said:

Wish it would go somewhere else soon. Right nuisance this time of winter. Don't get me wrong I like seeing a nice dump of snow. It is the collateral effects that are a pain. 

Agree now...Had enough of The Beast from the East, let's get the chihuahua from the Sahara in.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn't expecting to see quite so many flurries over our area this evening

5a96ffc402fac_ScreenShot2018-02-28at19_14_59.thumb.png.57c5455129d5dff2453f4e72737f83c2.png

 

Would say is it snow blowing up into the radar field ..... but you don't get this over the sea!

Edited by chionomaniac
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, FiftyShadesofSnow said:

Agree now...Had enough of The Beast from the East, let's get the chihuahua from the Sahara in.

Agree, a slow thaw and some strong winds to dry out the ground, due to start lambing around the 10th :sorry:

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

looking at the  radar  there a big red dot  over felixstowe and its heading  this way could  be interesting  plus as someone else said lots of showers  in the north sea bit like last night bbc weather your get hardly anything ending up with over 6 inches so any thing  could happen to-night!!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Will Whittaker said:

Oh dear we got a foot here and drifting. 

 

Station road in Stanhoe and the road from shammer to Burnham Market down beacon hill are not passable, massive drifts. I would think the Docking to Brancaster road will be blocked if the wind gets up overnight

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, ITSY said:

Really frustrating for cambridge, this. Too west for 99% of shower activity and too east for frontal systems. Shame to have only got an inch from these epic Synoptics. As ever, NNElies best for us. That said, we've had at least an inch of snow 5 times over 4 months this winter, so can't really complain. Plus who knows what tomorrow and Friday will bring! 

I feel your pain. ! I'm 20 miles west of you in St Neots, and I moan that the showers reach as far as Cambridge then fizzle out, although today we had plenty of heavy showers. Even tonight showers are still forming in the North Sea and heading inland, but all seem to fizzle out now before they get to Cambridge! Lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, tinybill said:

looking at the  radar  there a big red dot  over felixstowe and its heading  this way could  be interesting  plus as someone else said lots of showers  in the north sea bit like last night bbc weather your get hardly anything ending up with over 6 inches so any thing  could happen to-night!!

i saw that blob too on radar but think its a fulse return,i looked on marine traffic website and there was big ship leaving harwich harbour,i seen that happen loads times 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well after I got the right hump yesterday, today has well and truly delivered for most of north London and the southern home counties.

Went for a walk in proper blizzard conditions and a wind that makes your face ache - not experienced cold like that since the mid-90s. 

From having thought this cold spell underwhelming on Monday I'm now rating it on par with 2010. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Crazy scenes in the heart of London everywhere with a good covering! I managed to find drifts over 20cm deep, monstrous icicles, this is turning into something I’ll never forget. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Norfolk_N_chance said:

Station road in Stanhoe and the road from shammer to Burnham Market down beacon hill are not passable, massive drifts. I would think the Docking to Brancaster road will be blocked if the wind gets up overnight

Yes the common road from Staithe is blocked. Not sure about Docking to Brancaster road.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...