Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Captain Shortwave

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

Just now, Ed Stone said:

Am I the only one who'd rather Thursday's & Friday's snow events don't happen? After all, why look forward to the demise of what's been a quite productive spell of easterlies?:unknw:

I doubt you're alone, but out here further West these are our better chances of fairly decent snowfalls, as the winds just haven't been right for some of us. 

However, I have enjoyed this Easterly myself, it's been fascinating stuff!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

How time flies, JO: in my mind's eye Small is only about six-months' old!:D

Little monster is almost three! And the proud owner of his very own sledge.

• Like 3

Ventured out to asda and wow that wind chill, used the bag for life as a wind shield on the way there. Quite the horizontal shower, looks like another is heading my way.

• Like 2

Little yellow blob from the North Sea now pelting it down outside my house! :)

Windchill -8c Temp 0c :cold:

Wow great end to daylight hours with another blizzard like shower lasting about 30-45 minutes ended up in a bit of streamer for a while and other 1-2cm’s from that! All eyes to the NE of the Suffolk coast as some more showers have bubbled up. As Jo just mentioned this is far from over today....

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Am I the only one who'd rather Thursday's & Friday's snow events don't happen? After all, why look forward to the demise of what's been a quite productive spell of easterlies?:unknw:

Personally, no, seeing how we are potentially looking at a huge amount of snow from that system. :laugh:

And if its the end, I'd rather it go out with a BANG!  :D

There is a good build-up of shower activity in the North Sea which is pushing through our region now. Wind has really picked up too.

• Like 2

Flow now seems to be more ENE and more showers popping up in the North Sea.

It very much looks like these showers are going to continue for some time. There is a conveyor belt of snow moving in from the ENE.

EDIT: I forgot to say, moderate snow here with a brisk wind. Another couple of cm for sure to come.

RE-EDIT: HEAVY snow here now, with the wind causing the snow to drift. A nightmare rush hour out there!!

Edited by Sno' problem
  • Like 4

Blimey thought that was it for the day then looked at the radar - sharp little shower passing through.

• Like 1

Temperature seems to be dropping rapidly now. -3.9. 

13 minutes ago, Djdazzle said:

Flow now seems to be more ENE and more showers popping up in the North Sea.

They should go back to Easterly quite quickly, this looks like the final tiny wave in the flow.

In the middle of a beautiful windy shower now in SWF, whiteout and the lovely powdery stuff being blown around just to add that little extra. 

Just now, Number 23 said:

Blimey thought that was it for the day then looked at the radar - sharp little shower passing through.

There seems to a rather huge set of merged showers mobbing up just off the Suffolk coast and headed for our region – so merged are they that they present more as an organised band even though they are in fact a series of showers bleeding into one another. 

• Like 2

After a couple of hours respite, there seems to be more incoming. And the bin men didn’t make it down my road today, mind you neither did many cars :rofl:

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

After a couple of hours respite, there seems to be more incoming. And the bin men didn’t make it down my road today, mind you neither did many cars :rofl:

Same here, BB: snow seems to be slowly thickening and the wind has defo gone back towards the NE...:yahoo:

• Like 1

Our little bit never gets gritted and we have a blind corner ... I will count how many times the car on the corner gets hit ! Last time was 3 times and I knocked and told him be he no speeky de English so I had to show him .. he just scratched his head and walked off :pardon: can’t help some ppl I guess ! 

Very cold here with moderate/heavy snow. :)

Temp at 0c and dropping!

Seems as the snow machine is truly on in the North Sea! :yahoo:

• Like 2

It looks so nice out, I think I might take a wee mosey along to Tesco and buy myself a celebratory bottle of vodka? I'm sure my jeans will have dried by now!:santa-emoji:

Edited by Ed Stone
added the missing letter!
  • Like 1