Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun
8 minutes ago, bluearmy said:

doesn't look like it will hang around too long though saint - already quite light and patchy in central london

@bluearmy I’m noticing the band beginning to slow over the last few frames. 

Whats your thoughts blue? Already an inch of snow here fallen within the hour. 

Posted

Proper moderate snow falling Cambridge now. Question is how long will it last! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW! And a good thunderstorm

Snow has been very heavy in North London for last half hour or so. Roads covered and gritter only went round recently! Does look its slowing now which will mean higher totals of snow. This has been very surprising considering when I looked at the radar earlier I was wondering where this snow would come from! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Snowing quite heavy, Has been for a good 20 mins. Its that 1 mile thing again Saint..

• Like 2

Posted
9 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

@bluearmy I’m noticing the band beginning to slow over the last few frames. 

Whats your thoughts blue? Already an inch of snow here fallen within the hour. 

its breaking up to the se a bit but I don't see any back building into the channel. I expect any signif stuff will clear n London by around 5/5.15 and the back edge will continue heading north

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Incredible snow here. 

Best of this cold spell

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Oh snow, got to be close second frosty mornings, all white and glistening,

snowing heavily now :Dmaybe the last snowfall of this yr, until Christmas of course :rofl:, but im so happy :yahoo:

• Like 3

Posted
9 minutes ago, smichling said:

Snow has been very heavy in North London for last half hour or so. Roads covered and gritter only went round recently! Does look its slowing now which will mean higher totals of snow. This has been very surprising considering when I looked at the radar earlier I was wondering where this snow would come from! 

cant see this

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Still going strong, Best snowfall ppn amount from this severe easterly...

Posted

Stopping NW London. Can see another hour of light snow before it finally clears away. Was good while it lasted - I think i'll have managed 2cm which isn't bad. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!
2 hours ago, Mark Neal. said:

Oxford City mean't to be away at Wealdstone tomorrow for National League South fixture. Pitch inspection this afternoon, snow covered pitch, frozen underneath. Now starting again, think very very low chance of match being on. 

Hello Mark,

I had to determine this morning if our home game against Whtehawk should go ahead, but because of the amount of snow on the pitch, but equally important the icy conditions in the council run car park as well as within the ground I had to advise on safety grounds the match should not proceed. Whitehawk as well as the league have now been advised, with the former pleased we had decided to take this course of action.

At least we will not lose tomorrow.

Very fine snow falling quite fast at the moment and adding to the snow depth.

Kind Regards

Dave

Posted

Much lighter snow now in Kentish Town but the damage has been done. Highgate gridlocked:nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Supposed to have reached Norfolk but breaking up according to the radar. Tbh I really don't want any more!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Oh it's a lovely spell of snow in SWF. All the footprints have been filled in, it's like it's almost new snow again.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Hasn't reached here yet. Just another ice-day (still at -1C) with a perishing east wind. Though, it must be pointed out, that yesterday's imaginary heavy snow has been replaced by equally non-existent sunshine today!:santa-emoji:

Posted
Just now, Ed Stone said:

Hasn't reached here yet. Just another ice-day (still at -1C) with a perishing east wind. Though, it must be pointed out, that yesterday's imaginary heavy snow has been replaced by equally non-existent sunshine today!:santa-emoji:

Yes i just looked out, its getting dark and its quite windy so sheets of snow are being whipped into the air and the light is a little bt bue, absolutely raw, seems a bit sinister as well.

Posted

I must admit this snow spell has been quite interesting.

Early week, a lot of people were moaning that nothing much would come of it, then tuesday/wed a lot of people had some significant snowfall, but a lot also didnt, and were quite fed up!

After today, it looks as though nearly everyone has had some decent amounts of snow at some point in the week. And whats even more bizarre, is that the areas with large snowfalls already, dont seem to have had much today, whereas those who've not had much already, are now getting dumped on today! Mother nature's communist side haha!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!
1 minute ago, moogyboobles said:

Oh it's a lovely spell of snow in SWF. All the footprints have been filled in, it's like it's almost new snow again.

Yep, I'm just a few miles from you and it's really getting going now.  Could get another couple of cm's out of this. Brilliant spell

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Amazing snow here best of the cold spell!

Posted
3 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Well it’s reached halesworth, so can’t be far from you, tbh I was hoping for no more, but now this is coming down on lethal icy paths, wooo beeping hooo :nonono:

1 minute ago, JennyJane1 said:

Yes i just looked out, its getting dark and its quite windy so sheets of snow are being whipped into the air and the light is a little bt bue, absolutely raw, seems a bit sinister as well.

It’s on its way JJ 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Had a good hour of snow in Cambridge - covering all surfaces once more, but don’t think it’ll be anything too drastic. Heavier stuff looks to be over in Bedfordshire.