Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Temp rising, just saw some snow on the roof slide off and the snow falling has now changed to light snizzle...

Edited by Planet Stow

Posted
2 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

I have been a lover of snow since I was a little girl and all the magic that seemed to come with it ... maybe it’s because I work with the elderly or maybe it’s coz I’m getting old ... it’s seems to have lost its magic for me anyway :( 

but I hope you enjoy ur snow everyone and stay warm and safe :) 

I have to admit that i would not like this at all if i had to go anywhere in it but i can stay in all week if need be, i have enough food and supplies.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

Sods law after 6 weeks having my engine forged we get a shitload of snow, need to get 500 miles on it before it can be run at full power, just my luck

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
8 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

I have been a lover of snow since I was a little girl and all the magic that seemed to come with it ... maybe it’s because I work with the elderly or maybe it’s coz I’m getting old ... it’s seems to have lost its magic for me anyway :( 

but I hope you enjoy ur snow everyone and stay warm and safe :) 

I think you should change your username lol

Posted
3 minutes ago, Sparky68 said:

Sods law after 6 weeks having my engine forged we get a shitload of snow, need to get 500 miles on it before it can be run at full power, just my luck

Just spin up the wheels everywhere you go, the odo will get to 500 miles long before you've travelled 500miles lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

This is amazing... Just keeps going. May not have beaten records...But for March wow..Rare event

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

Light snow/ snizzle blowing in the breeze currently - drifting lying snow a bit as well. A very decent 3cm top up this afternoon on the 5-6cm already on the ground from Wednesdays snow so around 7-9cm on the ground currently expecting it to melt quite rapidly into tomorrow though. Despite being not far from inner North London -  Finchley and the higher North London suburbs, Harrow, Hampstead, Barnet into Hertfordshire etc... seem to do quite well for snow as we had 4-5 inches of wet snow back in December when Central and South London saw no more than a dusting. Think this is our lot for significant snow this winter though. Looking forward to the first Spring warmth, BBQ and beers in the garden kind of weather now haha! :D

Posted
4 minutes ago, Rambo said:

Just spin up the wheels everywhere you go, the odo will get to 500 miles long before you've travelled 500miles lol

Got to keep it under 3k rpm, with 300bhp on tap it might be difficult :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
51 minutes ago, john mac said:

Got ene wind reckon the wind down the estuary is feeding it

If only the ENE wind could blow the front out into the Atlantic, and let our cold, snowy beast have a week's more fun!:cold-emoji:

Posted
4 minutes ago, Joe Snow said:

Light snow/ snizzle blowing in the breeze currently - drifting lying snow a bit as well. A very decent 3cm top up this afternoon on the 5-6cm already on the ground from Wednesdays snow so around 7-9cm on the ground currently expecting it to melt quite rapidly into tomorrow though. Despite being not far from inner North London -  Finchley and the higher North London suburbs, Harrow, Hampstead, Barnet into Hertfordshire etc... seem to do quite well for snow as we had 4-5 inches of wet snow back in December when Central and South London saw no more than a dusting. Think this is our lot for significant snow this winter though. Looking forward to the first Spring warmth, BBQ and beers in the garden kind of weather now haha! :D

That's why I love this countries weather so much. So much variability! I too am looking forward to Spring. Only 4 weeks and we'll be looking for our first 20c. Focus will then turn to summer storms before the madness returns in December. Only 9 months ;)

Edited by Mark Bayley
  • Like 1

Posted

what happens  when  the blob    get  pushed  in to the streamer which is over suffolk and norfolk  blizzard

Posted
1 minute ago, tinybill said:

what happens  when  the blob    get  pushed  in to the streamer which is over suffolk and norfolk  blizzard

Will it come up that further north?

Posted
1 minute ago, tinybill said:

When do you think? Still chucking it down with very light snow here and the sky has turned that orangey grey colour.

Posted

The disturbance Cherbourg will track nw

Positive dp’s drift slowly north across our region after midnight so some of us will wake up to the dreaded drip drip in the morning 

it’s been fun - hopefully meet back later in May for the first plume, crash and bang of the season! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

agree ! Suggestions ( so the wrong person to ask ) 

Prefer it wet queen ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
38 minutes ago, SuffolkDan said:

Since I last checked the met office site its upgraded us from light snow petering out to heavy snow until 11pm. I know the problems with these forecasts but you do have to wonder if we will get another dumping...:yahoo:

Just had a wee word with my mate, Slobodan: he's going to keep the snow-machines going throughout the night!:drunk-emoji:

Posted
25 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

Really? Nothing here apart from stuff blowing around!

Yes, can confirn it is in Norwich. The wheelie bins and path out of the house I painstakingly cleared have a fresh light covering ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Anyone else tried building a snowman, the snow is so powdery the head kept falling off, it's like trying to build one out of mc ding dong's self raising flour:unsure2:

Posted
13 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Anyone else tried building a snowman, the snow is so powdery the head kept falling off, it's like trying to build one out of mc ding dong's self raising flour:unsure2:

struggle to make a snowball