Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spring, Autumn, Snow ..... not, I repeat, not heatwaves!!
7 minutes ago, Chortle2001 said:

So was this storm Emma or is storm Emma the system forming up to hit the SW later today?

I believe that "Emma" is still heading NNE from NW France

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!

:help::shok: I know we're not in the firing line for this but wow.

image.thumb.png.b2e540571b2b4ed1b372d6fc3b622a46.png

Edited by Number 23

Posted
9 minutes ago, Chortle2001 said:

So was this storm Emma or is storm Emma the system forming up to hit the SW later today?

This was one of the outter bands of the low, so yep! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Possibly might be too far north and east in our region for the snow tomorrow, but let's wait and see.

Posted
5 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

Still not snowing here, nothing since yesterday lunchtime.

Really strange. I wasn't expecting anything today down here in Ipswich but it's been non stop all morning.... weird.

• Like 2

Posted

Looks like we are cut off in Harwich, all roads closed and trains not working.  Light icing on Thames area shipping forecast, extremely rare

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, Lampostwatcher said:

looks like West London is 8n the game for later this afternoon 

The temperature for London there looks a bit high- bizarre saying that at this time of year:D. It's still -2 here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Our food delivery driver has just rung us to say the van is stuck and is being towed as we speak. :cc_confused:

Edited by Dami

Posted

A lovely snowy walk around this morning... Really interesting to see the drifting. For example, my road is fairly east facing and half of it is clear of snow in spots, while the more sheltered side is very snowy and there is drifts of up to 14cm. 

• Like 4

Posted

Snow is very light now- falling almost like that rare phenomenon(rain) we sometime get in these parts. Look like the forecast for patchy snow yesterday was spot on,

Posted
6 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

Says it all really :nonono:

Capture.JPG

I am near kings lynn which is under the pink but no snow falling here

Posted
6 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

Capture.JPG

We near Cromer have been under the pink for over an hour but there has been nothing. The radar is telling porkies!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dami said:

Our food delivery driver has just rung us to say the van is stuck and is being towed as we speak. :cc_confused:

That’s what is going to happen a lot today ( hubbby works for the posh one ) and he’s dealing with vans being stuck so sending others out to help re deliver ! They do the best they can well his firm does :) 

55 minutes ago, Essex Chelle said:

When is this storm goimg to hit south coast- Bognor region? Our minibus driver has said we to leave earlier tomorrow I saying no if anything we should leave later from here Benfleet area. He saying 11am to leave. What's our chances I feel we will have to cancel our weekend which means losing 1.3k we'e paid as butlins insurance won' cover us I've found out 

Hi chelle .. main roads won’t be a problem .. but it’s the little roads that’s the problem ... even if you have to leave a few hours earlier to get there will be better than you losing out , no company will pay out same as flights being delayed or Canceled due to snow, its Mother Nature and not their fault . I’m sure you will be fine and hope you have a great time ! :) 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
24 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

Capture.JPG

That radar is not accurate there's a lot of thin cloud about that is showing up on radar as snowfall but nothing is falling.  I haven't seen a thing fall on N Norfolk coast so far today but from the radar we're getting a pasting.

Got to say looking at the roads don't go out if you don't have to there are so many roads closed and impassable even the snow ploughs are getting stuck and needing rescue with roads under several feet of snow drift.  It doesn't look too bad when you look out of the window but some roads are under 3 feet of snow now especially in North Norfolk, the Wells - Fakenham road for example is completely stuffed, the A148 is blocked and that was gritted and ploughed (allegedly).  Stay safe everyone!!

Edited by Richard Waugh

Posted

I am getting greedy for more snow:)

Is there any chance of another streamer developing today after this front passes through? I am thinking the low coming up from France will stop that happening.

Posted
15 minutes ago, cloudsabove said:

Near to Hadleigh, Ipswich, we have (almost) blizzard conditions - very very cold in the strong wind, drifting across roads over open farm land, many cars stuck. Second snow day here, as located along country/back roads, and now stuck as sandwiched between open farmland.  Stocked up at home and taking pics of the event. Image of road across open farmland earlier, ventured out to have a look on roads in 4WD car but no further as drifts ahead.

IMG_3342s.JPG

Wow!! Thats a Scottish highlands scene, never thought id see photos like that from where i live.

Thanks for sharing CA

• Thanks 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Richard Waugh said:

That radar is not accurate there's a lot of thin cloud about that is showing up on radar as snowfall but nothing is falling.  I haven't seen a thing fall on N Norfolk coast so far today but from the radar we're getting a pasting

Possibly fallen snow being whipped up by these gusty winds and showing up as anaprop?

• Like 1