Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice
2 minutes ago, moogyboobles said:

It's mesmerising watching the wind whip up snow off the roofs to join in the falling snow.
School closed here again, it appears they really debated this as they texted about 9pm last night, they must be glad it was warranted. 

our sons school sent a text at 6.30 this morning saying it was open . . . then another at 6.55 saying it was closed

i agree about the roofs - coupled with horizontal snow it looks fab :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Easygoing, but winter is meant to be white, dammit!
3 minutes ago, On the rocks said:

Thank you! have been following for a few days, so thought I may as well join - have a interest in weather through my job.

You're welcome :)

No such lofty ambitions here.....I just love snow, and like to know how bad a day at work I'm going to have in advance....today is not looking great at the moment :D

It's an evil situation....love the snow, but not too keen on driving trains in blizzards. I dodged a bullet yesterday with failures all around me...might not be so lucky today :rofl:

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!

Actually falling quite steadily here now with the roads gaining coverage. Perhaps a net cm or so addition if it continues for another 20 minutes like this, but hard to tell with the wind blowing everything around. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

We are at snow mach 3 - blizzard stage! :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, mb018538 said:

1 minute ago, mb018538 said:

How bad, as looks like it is heading my way 

Posted

Think this is going to be great for our region, the radar is looking brilliant with everything a lot further east than forecast. Some heavy returns moving up into south Essex moving northwards and Cambridge looks in the middle of a snow storm right now!

edit, haha just saw mb018538 post!

Edited by Nimbusman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Had some kind of snow falling since we got up at 6:30. Horrible walking to school, snow being blown every where, bubs has world book day and went as Belle, but she should of gone as Elisa in the new dress we got from the Christmas short. Although belle went wearing snowboots and 2 jumpers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

Light blowing snow has intensified in the last hour to moderate-heavy snow here in the North London suburbs about 6-8cm on the ground with snow now accumulating on the main roads  - bitter winds as well feeling even colder than yesterday with the cloud cover. Will be interesting to see whether we see a more organised heavier pulse of snow later on as if we do we'll be pushing Amber warning territory. 

Posted

Been snowing lightly all morning here just outside Bury St Edmund's, Suffolk. Flakes now starting to get bigger and with more intensity. 

Edited by Bobby93
  • Like 1

Posted

Heavy  snow in  ipswich

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Mostly Watford but 3 months of the year at Capestang 34310, France
  • Weather Preferences: Continental type climate with lots of sunshine with occasional storm
  • Location: Mostly Watford but 3 months of the year at Capestang 34310, France

Morning all, still snowing albeit lightly now hope you are all white - the A41 outside obviously got a covering of snow during the night but the traffic has worn away tram lines back to tarmac. Temp -3.9C - difficult to estimate a total depth of snow in these drifting conditions.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Easygoing, but winter is meant to be white, dammit!
16 minutes ago, On the rocks said:

How bad, as looks like it is heading my way 

Apparently pretty bad...even in Romford I've probably caught another cm or two, and the main road, even though busy, has been covered again...

Funny thing...but the radar must be a bit tetchy today.....I've been under no echoes of any note, but it was certainly coming down a few minutes ago.

That pulse just south of you looks like it'll veer NW around you, but if the band currently affecting South Essex holds together, it may have your name all over it...

Posted
1 minute ago, IPredictASnowStorm said:

are we going to loose the snow is everything pushing up?

Looking at the radar I reckon it will last until midday.

Tomorrow we could be in the money and get a better covering. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

What a nice Brucie bonus this morning's snow is. The heavier area of snow over Essex is moving North. But I think the radar is having a laugh showing rain out in the North Sea - the air temp from here to France is currently between -3C and -4C.

5a97d07d6dca6_RadarThur01Mar09_50.thumb.jpg.38f3d44fdba72d201ead3d895df3ce36.jpg

Btw, I've been following Bring Back1962/63 over on the SW Regional - his posts are very informative including the wider picture of developments. Worth a look. https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/89403-south-west-and-central-southern-england-regional-weather-discussion-22022018-onwards/?do=findComment&comment=3806171

• Like 3