Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Light snow in NW London. Precipitation is weakening, or at least for our region. I'd expect no more than a cm or two over the next couple of hours before fizzling out. Tomorrows chances look better! 

Edited by Mark Bayley

Posted

Very windy this morning, those gusts are not pleasant. So is the radar not quite right then? Because it looks like snow coming up from the south west!? I was going to attempt to clear the paths around my bungalow but if there’s more coming, I’m staying warm inside :cold: and not wasting my time. At least schools had sense to stay closed today, roads are treacherous still even though no snow has come down since early evening yesterday but snow drifts blocking even the main roads.

Posted

Not so much more snow, it’s problems with existing snow here. Many roads blocked by drifts here, even A roads. Nothing between here and Denmark to stop the wind, and all coming off open farmland to cover the roads. 

Posted

Good morning everyone, we have snow in Stevenage but very light flurries in the wind. Our snow depth has improved overnight from dusting to icing. Reckon we got 1/4 of a millimetre. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Radar is bonkers -snow over almost the whole of the UK bar - yep, Norfolk.....how on earth does this happen?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Sorry for hopping into your thread from the Kent thread but I need a heads up from anyone in Chelmsford, what's it like at present and the roads? I've got a meeting after lunch and not sure to travel or not, still quite bad in my area of Boxley (Medway/Maidstone)

Edited by Kent Blizzard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!
1 minute ago, Kent Blizzard said:

Sorry for hipping into your thread from the Kent thread but I need a heads up from anyone in Chelmsford, what's it like at present and the roads? I've got a meeting after lunch and not sure to travel or not, still quite bad in my area of Boxley (Medway/Maidstone)

Not snowing at the moment and all the main roads are running well.

• Thanks 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

Very windy this morning, those gusts are not pleasant. So is the radar not quite right then? Because it looks like snow coming up from the south west!? I was going to attempt to clear the paths around my bungalow but if there’s more coming, I’m staying warm inside :cold: and not wasting my time. At least schools had sense to stay closed today, roads are treacherous still even though no snow has come down since early evening yesterday but snow drifts blocking even the main roads.

My daughter school is open again..same as yesterday

15 mile round trip for me...headteachers are heartless

• Like 1

Posted

Been snowing steadily here in west Cambridgeshire for the past hour or so. That wind is “BITTER” this morning :cold:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
51 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

This region never looked anything more than patchy snow for today anyway.

Its no downgrade - it’s no upgrade I’ll go with!!!

Been snowing here in Beds since 730. Moderate disruptive snow. 

Edited by shotski

Posted

Light snow here and weather station on my shed reckons its -4.4c.

Went out to de-ice the birds water and put the bin out, wind is rather chilly and might leave going out until it warms up slightly

Posted

Looks like the whole of Essex is about to get a pasting. Large flakes whizzing past my window here. 

• Like 1

Posted

Main roads appear to be okay in the Chelmsford area at the moment but we appear to have more snow inbound here in Essex. 

You're welcome here anytime. We're a friendly bunch. 

Posted

Interesting to see snow breaking out more widely than the BBC forecast showed just an hour ago. Not heavy here in Clacton but it's settling as everything is frozen solid. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Been snowing here in Cambridge for a good hour or so now. Not huge flakes of heavy snow, but it's settling none the less.

I also take back what I said about the cold yesterday - today feels truly raw and bitter in the cloud and wind. Makes all the difference when the sun has gone!

Posted

I wasn't expecting much snow in Peterborough this morning but we have now had steady, moderate snow for a good hour.

Was this forecast or should we expect more? Any help much appreciated :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!

A little flurry here nothing to trouble the rush hour though. Radar looks like it could pep up slightly soon.

MetO going for cold and mainly dry through to the weekend so possibly the end of the real fun. Although we've seen the weather having other plans all week!

Posted

Light snow and lots of flakes blowing in the wind here now. Arpege showing some action for our region coming up. To be honest wasn’t expecting anything today but when you are in a cold situation anything can happen at short notice and it’s all about nowcasting 

F797C5F2-3733-43F9-A659-6B8402224478.jpeg

Edited by Nimbusman
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Copious amounts of snow and ice days

After trying 3 different routes from Great Ryburgh to Dereham I have given up. Any road running North to South is suffering large snow drifts around this area. Many roads not passable.

Might as well stay at home in the warm, rather than being stuck in a car 

• Like 3

Posted
49 minutes ago, Arrows1986 said:

My daughter school is open again..same as yesterday

15 mile round trip for me...headteachers are heartless

Mines a 32 mile round trip, so very glad it’s closed, A12 drifted snow in places on my route, so wouldn’t bother even if they said it was open :nonono: 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.
11 minutes ago, Nimbusman said:

Light snow and lots of flakes blowing in the wind here now. Arpege showing some action for our region coming up. To be honest wasn’t expecting anything today but when you are in a cold situation anything can happen at short notice and it’s all about nowcasting 

F797C5F2-3733-43F9-A659-6B8402224478.jpeg

Surprise snow is the best snow.?