Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
3 minutes ago, shotski said:

Is the wind expected to turn more easterly tonight captain ?

3 Counties need a piece of the action. 

It should continue to hold in an ESE direction and becoming fresh to strong with gusts of 40-45mph on exposed coasts (If it even veers that way to begin with of course)

Shower activity I suspect will continue albeit probably lighter but given 850s remain exceptional then there is enough there to continue to create showers for some areas.

Edited by Captain Shortwave

Posted
1 minute ago, shotski said:

2010 they did well. 

But wasn’t as much as just north of Greater London 

the steamer back then (could have been another year was Into se London rather than central)

Posted

fantastic walk out and about tonight.

Totally eerie over the snowfields and a cold - combined with the windchill - like I have barely ever felt.

For the last 200yds I felt the urge to experience it without my hat and gloves. The windchill on your face and head was extreme. An easterly gale blowing falling snow into your face. Pretty rare for this country and the combination of snow and cold for this area easily exceeds 2010 (which was pretty snowless here).

Extraordinary - have tried to make the most of it tonight - may not get this again within 10 years.

It's good to be back in the electric blanket again now though!

Edited by BurwellWeatherWatch
  • Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, mishy said:

Abandon the match!! :rofl:

The commentators are suggesting that Rochdale should keep pointing out the pitch condition to the ref! 

Posted
1 minute ago, FiftyShadesofSnow said:

Fingers crossed games abandoned and Spurs lose on snowballs thrown

As a spurs fan with the snow somehow avoiding me in Reigate I would not be amused

Posted
2 minutes ago, Andy H said:

Is Herts the only county missing out? Got a cm at best! Light snow at the moment but to light to settle properly 

Bedfordshire, which is quite unusual because of the higher terrain.

Posted
1 minute ago, Andy H said:

Is Herts the only county missing out? Got a cm at best! Light snow at the moment but to light to settle properly 

Nothing much in South Bucks either - we had about a centimetre which disappeared in the sun. Ah well! Maybe tomorrow!

• Like 1

Posted

Can’t see the lines on the pitch at Wembley. Brooms out or the game has to be abandoned under the laws of the game surely? 

Posted

If anything the showers seem to be pepping up as they come down the Thames from the estuary. Funny old night. 

Posted
8 minutes ago, Andy H said:

We've got snow settling here now, looks like we're under a bit of a heavier pulse. Although the gusts are making it difficult! 

Edited by saint
  • Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, FiftyShadesofSnow said:

Thinking about it....What an impressive late Winter, early Spring cold spell this is going to turn out to be across most parts of the Country,whenever it breaks down. True old school 80s style Beast. Shame it arrived so late, but the temps, snowfall we are seeing are stunning for something so late. I have been very impressed,but will enjoy some warmth when it arrives.

February still the quintessential winter month for our region. The month of the Thames Streamer - 91, 09, 18.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, saint said:

We've got snow settling here now, looks like we're under a bit of a heavier pulse. 

Yeah looking good down there. Could you send it about 10 miles up the road? lol

I'm hopeful it'll soon reach here anyway!

Posted

Been watching the radar for ages and the showers are not getting any further West than Cambridge which is crap as I’m another 20 miles west. Yet further south the showers are moving a lot further inland. So frustrating.

Posted

A few cms aswell here in Essex, not too bad but fell as though not as much as everyone else.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Copious amounts of snow and ice days

Someone must know if the radar is broken in the North East of the region.

I am getting showers moving over me from East to West but they are coming from the zone with no radar returns

Screenshot_20180228-210933.png

Posted
25 minutes ago, BurwellWeatherWatch said:

fantastic walk out and about tonight.

Totally eerie over the snowfields and a cold - combined with the windchill - like I have barely ever felt.

For the last 200yds I felt the urge to experience it without my hat and gloves. The windchill on your face and head was extreme. An easterly gale blowing falling snow into your face. Pretty rare for this country and the combination of snow and cold for this area easily exceeds 2010 (which was pretty snowless here).

Extraordinary - have tried to make the most of it tonight - may not get this again within 10 years.

It's good to be back in the electric blanket again now though!

Just come in from work. Loads of snow in Central London and barely any slush on the pavements, just trodden in snow. It was still snowing quite heavily but the wind chill was incredibly cold - Proper cold!

Back up in Central Beds, there isn't much snow, but it still is such a memorable spell of cold weather here too.

And when its weather like this, you appreciate the simple things. A warm home when you come in from the cold,a roaring fire and in my case, some home made chicken soup followed by a nice mug of hot tea.

Ain't life grand.

Edited by Doogle
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!

Still only a bit of snow here. Im the opposite of the crowded house song. If I was back in Essex, Cambridgeshire would be 2 feet deep minimum now guaranteed! A walking severe weather shield I am! 

• Like 1