Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

Captain Shortwave

Posted

What an amazing day today, cant remember a day like it absolutley freezing with snow shower after snow shower leaving 4-6 inches! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy Winters, Hot and Sunny Summers - Never Mild!
Just now, Nath said:

What an amazing day today, cant remember a day like it absolutley freezing with snow shower after snow shower leaving 4-6 inches! 

I'm with you mate! :)

This is probably my favourite snow day I have experienced thus far, including the infamous 18th December 2010 day which bought 10inches to my area. I have never felt it so biting cold! :cold:

The difference with this day (For my area) is that the cold and snow is just kept on going and going! :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Can't believe how bad the snow drifting is here.  I just got stuck on the Village main road.(On the way back from hospital). I managed to dig myself out though. Lots of roads near impassable and not because of snow falling now. Just the drifting.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything out of the ordinary, except extreme heat

Yayy! Snowing again in Ockendon! 

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

Can't believe how bad the snow drifting is here.  I just got stuck on the Village main road.(On the way back from hospital). I managed to dig myself out though. Lots of roads near impassable and not because of snow falling now. Just the drifting.

I haven't been outside and dont think i will untill it thaws, it looks bad on the roads and pavements out there.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Very little in the way of snow since lunchtime...But, given what's still falling in the London Area, all may not be lost...Enough new snow to offset sublimation would be fine...:cold:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and very warm (not hot!)

Just got home to Feltham in West London from the capital and am astonished by the difference, hardly any snow here and central London was buried. Amazing difference for such a short distance.

On 27/02/2018 at 16:46, snow raven said:

Ps - am on the train home from London and pleasantly surprised at the snow laying from the showers today.  Around 1cm (which I know isn't great) but it's still nice to see and makes me feel less 'lef

Posted
3 minutes ago, brenbrenbren said:

It's great to read these excited reports from people that are having the time of their life - very happy for you all (and myself, mind...)

Im 48 and the missus is 42, I met her from work at Liverpool St London, and we walked home (7 miles) in the freezing weather and snow . We were like 2 kids enjoying it lol  

• Like 4

Posted
14 minutes ago, mpkio2 said:

I'm with you mate! :)

This is probably my favourite snow day I have experienced thus far, including the infamous 18th December 2010 day which bought 10inches to my area. I have never felt it so biting cold! :cold:

The difference with this day (For my area) is that the cold and snow is just kept on going and going! :D

Yes. While 2010 may have had more accumulated snow, this is just jaw dropping in terms of cold(-1 c here all day). We'd struggle to get this in the depths of winter  during a cold spell, so it's just amazing to think it 's the end of February.

Edited by Bricriu
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy Winters, Hot and Sunny Summers - Never Mild!

Snow falling very heavily now with 50p flakes.

Right under that blob that is continuingly being feed by the Theams streamer. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
Just now, Bricriu said:

Yes. While 2010 may have had more accumulated snow, this is just jaw dropping in terms of cold(-1 c here all day). We'd struggle to get this in the depths of winter in most winters during a cold spell, so it's just amazing to think it 's the end of February.

Yeah. Dec 2010 will always hold a special place in my heart, by this cold spell just feels colder, even if it does all end on Sunday.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
3 minutes ago, Bricriu said:

Yes. While 2010 may have had more accumulated snow, this is just jaw dropping in terms of cold(-1 c here all day). We'd struggle to get this in the depths of winter  during a cold spell, so it's just amazing to think it 's the end of February.

Indeed...it's been between -4 and -5C all day, up here. Remarkable!

• Like 1

Posted

well reading  the mad thread there a possible chance that the bbc have got it wong !  and  the storm going more north now!!

Posted

Just to note the meto severe weather warning has been extended for this evening, they expect a further 1-3cm. A nice bonus. Some suggesting tomorrows event could further east as well..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Bloody Londoners nicking all my snow ?? 

this wind was supposed to be easterly but it’s N easterly. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Steady snow here

Posted

So is Emma due to arrive tomorrow? I thought that was Friday.... so there are thoughts we might actually get some snow from that? If not, any chance of further showers off the north sea in the strong easterly?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and very warm (not hot!)
15 minutes ago, Easily sled said:

Anyone else in West London missing out on most of the action?

The man above must have heard me, bucketing in down?

• Like 1