Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

Captain Shortwave

Posted
13 minutes ago, Djdazzle said:

Flow now seems to be more ENE and more showers popping up in the North Sea.

They should go back to Easterly quite quickly, this looks like the final tiny wave in the flow.

Posted
Just now, Number 23 said:

Blimey thought that was it for the day then looked at the radar - sharp little shower passing through.

There seems to a rather huge set of merged showers mobbing up just off the Suffolk coast and headed for our region – so merged are they that they present more as an organised band even though they are in fact a series of showers bleeding into one another. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

In the middle of a beautiful windy shower now in SWF, whiteout and the lovely powdery stuff being blown around just to add that little extra. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
5 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

After a couple of hours respite, there seems to be more incoming. And the bin men didn’t make it down my road today, mind you neither did many cars :rofl:

Same here, BB: snow seems to be slowly thickening and the wind has defo gone back towards the NE...:yahoo:

• Like 1

Our little bit never gets gritted and we have a blind corner ... I will count how many times the car on the corner gets hit ! Last time was 3 times and I knocked and told him be he no speeky de English so I had to show him .. he just scratched his head and walked off :pardon: can’t help some ppl I guess ! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy Winters, Hot and Sunny Summers - Never Mild!

Very cold here with moderate/heavy snow. :)

Temp at 0c and dropping!

Seems as the snow machine is truly on in the North Sea! :yahoo:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

It looks so nice out, I think I might take a wee mosey along to Tesco and buy myself a celebratory bottle of vodka? I'm sure my jeans will have dried by now!:santa-emoji:

Edited by Ed Stone
added the missing letter!
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

So tomorrow

arpegeuk-41-26-0.png?28-17   arpegeuk-43-26-0.png?28-17

Looks brutal, sub-zero across the board with a wind chill of around -10/11C. So it is going to feel bitterly cold.

The Arpege gives some light to moderate snow tomorrow, more especially for southern and western parts of the region, but I think it will be down to radar watching I feel.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted

All I have to go on is the temp gauge in my car, but it was -4c at 8:45am, -2.5 at 1:30pm and -5c 30 minutes ago. Tad on the chilly side and the wind is bitter!:cold:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
8 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

It looks so nice out, I think I might take a wee mosey along to Tesco and buy myself a celebratory bottle of vodka? I'm sure my jeans will have dried by now!:santa-emoji:

Good plan, I only popped to the shop to get some warming red wine, it would be rude not to. 

Pleased to report that I have icicles on my house and car, not seen that in many years.

Posted

Just back from a walk in my local park:
snow lovers dream criteria:

blowing snow - check
white out conditions - check
freezing temperatures- that leave any bit of you, exposed, very red - check

I'm running out of superlatives to describe it, this is up there with 2010-little did i think i would see anything like that again. I guess if i was guaranteed this ever year i would not appreciate it as much

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, saint said:

The stills of the 12z Euro4 were posted in the South West chat about five mins ago. 

sorry - euro4

I think its a toss of a coin whether we see much more than persistent flurries tomorrow or something a bit more substantail

thought you meant ec 

Edited by bluearmy