Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

Captain Shortwave

Posted
Just now, Shutterbug Netty said:

Hope it's ok to share some pictures I took whilst out around our little village this morning :)  I won't bore you with them all, but here's a few of my favourites :) 

DSC_0052.NEF.jpg

DSC_0079.NEF.jpg

DSC_0136.NEF.jpg

DSC_0203.NEF.jpg

DSC_0300.NEF.jpg

You can never have enough snow pictures. Thanks for sharing.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
2 minutes ago, Team Jo said:

Absolutely  chucking it down again here, and windy too, OH and the small cleared the path to the garage earlier and it's covered again.

Don't think this is over for today somehow!

How time flies, JO: in my mind's eye Small is only about six-months' old!:D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

I glorious end to the day with clear blue wintry skies. I will not go outside as frankly -5C before sunset is completely nuts. Depending on wind I think the temperature could get close to -10C in sheltered spots. Fridgid!!!

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 1

Some fantastic pictures around! Nothing to write about here but good to see most parts of the SE getting some sort of snow! Something that's picked up is the strength of the wind, to the point where I've had to tie a smaller tree in the garden to the one next to it as it looks like it could go at any minute.

HIRLAM looks fantastic for tomorrow but boy are the charts and forecasts all over the place - BBC and Meto have snow plastered all over the place, whereas the charts tend to be a bit of a mixed bag. 

Posted

From Chris Fawkes on Twitter: "In reply to a few Qs, just my thoughts. I like further east extent of heavier #snow Thursday. I think Greater London could see 5-7cm tomorrow afternoon with blizzards (2-3") given sensitive transport I wouldn't be surprised to see amber for tomorrow."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy Winters, Hot and Sunny Summers - Never Mild!
2 minutes ago, Essexfish said:

interesting...

Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 16.46.36.png

See me and Chris both think alike. :laugh:

IMO, anything could happen and it just takes the low pressure to come up a little eastwards and our region is in business.:)

These sorts of set-ups are unpredictable and surprises can crop up out of the blue.

We'll just have to wait and see...:good:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Mostly Watford but 3 months of the year at Capestang 34310, France
  • Weather Preferences: Continental type climate with lots of sunshine with occasional storm
  • Location: Mostly Watford but 3 months of the year at Capestang 34310, France
5 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

I glorious end to the day with clear blue wintry skies. I will not go outside as frankly -5C before sunset is completely nuts. Depending on wind I think the temperature could get close to -10C in sheltered spots. Fridgid!!!

Positively balmy at Watford with the temp as high as -3.4C as I type. Still getting a few flurries from time to time  :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Am I the only one who'd rather Thursday's & Friday's snow events don't happen? After all, why look forward to the demise of what's been a quite productive spell of easterlies?:unknw:

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Ed Stone said:

Am I the only one who'd rather Thursday's & Friday's snow events don't happen? After all, why look forward to the demise of what's been a quite productive spell of easterlies?:unknw:

I doubt you're alone, but out here further West these are our better chances of fairly decent snowfalls, as the winds just haven't been right for some of us. 

However, I have enjoyed this Easterly myself, it's been fascinating stuff!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers
16 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

How time flies, JO: in my mind's eye Small is only about six-months' old!:D

Little monster is almost three! And the proud owner of his very own sledge.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Ventured out to asda and wow that wind chill, used the bag for life as a wind shield on the way there. Quite the horizontal shower, looks like another is heading my way.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy Winters, Hot and Sunny Summers - Never Mild!

Little yellow blob from the North Sea now pelting it down outside my house! :)

Windchill -8c Temp 0c :cold:

Posted

Wow great end to daylight hours with another blizzard like shower lasting about 30-45 minutes ended up in a bit of streamer for a while and other 1-2cm’s from that! All eyes to the NE of the Suffolk coast as some more showers have bubbled up. As Jo just mentioned this is far from over today....

• Like 3

Posted
9 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Personally, no, seeing how we are potentially looking at a huge amount of snow from that system. :laugh:

And if its the end, I'd rather it go out with a BANG!  :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

There is a good build-up of shower activity in the North Sea which is pushing through our region now. Wind has really picked up too.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

It very much looks like these showers are going to continue for some time. There is a conveyor belt of snow moving in from the ENE.

EDIT: I forgot to say, moderate snow here with a brisk wind. Another couple of cm for sure to come.

RE-EDIT: HEAVY snow here now, with the wind causing the snow to drift. A nightmare rush hour out there!!

Edited by Sno' problem
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!

Blimey thought that was it for the day then looked at the radar - sharp little shower passing through.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything out of the ordinary, except extreme heat

Temperature seems to be dropping rapidly now. -3.9.