Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

Captain Shortwave

Posted
11 minutes ago, Mikel Nimbus said:

This thing has grown from nothing over the last few hours. Almost half a meter in length. Think I might need to call out the gutterers.

ZCzByWN.jpg

Who ya gonna call? Ice busters!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!

Meh I'm not too bothered about the end of the cold spell if it comes over the weekend. Here we had a decent fall which was fun to see, but just wish it'd arrived just a couple of weeks earlier and been a bit more prolonged in terms of the decent snowfall.

As we all know, we can't get anything better than this week now - if it holds on it'll just be nuisance value IMO. The sun's getting way too strong even for the conditions we have today - it's already making short work of the 8-10 cm I awoke to.

Personally, I'll be on the lookout for mild after the weekend. Bring on the warmer evenings and cold beers - the perk of being a closeted weather nerd is all the seasons have something to offer.

Also I'd say to any who regularly make decent contributions to the MOD thread, thanks. It was a fascinating process to follow and learned a bit along the way. Some pretty barbed comments were made toward some posters in the various threads, which I thought was a bit unnecessary given the potential cold spell was being discussed on this site before it even showed up on the models!

Anyway, cheers. Was frustrating and fun in equal measures.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Looks like the radar is drying up now - moisture feed being cut off, and we will be having a very cold night! It's been fun here for the 5cm or however much we got. Another 3 days of fun and games.

Also, is it just me who thinks it doesn't really feel that cold? Doesn't feel anything like the -10 windchill they have been talking about.

Posted
2 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

Looks like the radar is drying up now - moisture feed being cut off, and we will be having a very cold night! It's been fun here for the 5cm or however much we got. Another 3 days of fun and games.

Also, is it just me who thinks it doesn't really feel that cold? Doesn't feel anything like the -10 windchill they have been talking about.

It’s not really been windy yet because of the shortwaves that have affected the flow 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme warmth And Extreme blizzards.
8 hours ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

Just run the radar, can now see why central Norfolk didn't get anything overnight. The showers just couldn't make it this far :nonono:

Oh dear we got a foot here and drifting. 

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

I think it feels absolutely freezing out! I stepped out the door and was caught by a few gusts and was surprised by how cold it felt. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Copious amounts of snow and ice days

I don't understand why there are lots of showers to the North and South but next to none over Norfolk? Are we likely to get more showers later?

It's like there's a massive shield diverting the showers and leaving us in the sun

Posted
22 minutes ago, Mikel Nimbus said:

This thing has grown from nothing over the last few hours. Almost half a meter in length. Think I might need to call out the gutterers.

ZCzByWN.jpg

It looks like a tornado in that image!

Posted

Tomorrow looking like we could have a couple of cms but thats it, Friday looks interesting. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
11 hours ago, yamkin said:

Heavy Snow Here #BeastFromTheEast

IMG-20180228-WA0000.thumb.jpg.fdfba18cec2c0d0c692e5877695aacdc.jpg

So is that it for snow in our region now. It seems Thursday and Friday's potential have been downgraded.

Posted
Just now, Bricriu said:

So is that it for snow in our region now. It seems Thursday and Friday's potential have been downgraded.

Still some uncertainty so the further south and west the better, so you may still do pretty well tomorrow into Friday. 

• Thanks 2

Posted
Just now, Bricriu said:

thats just the latest guidance, but no one can really tell you until its here

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
Just now, saint said:

Still some uncertainty so the further south and west the better, so you may still do pretty well tomorrow into Friday. 

Thanks.

I just need one more day- even a few hours of heavy snow will do. Then i can handle it geting milder over the weekend

Posted
Just now, Bricriu said:

Thanks.

I just need one more day- even a few hours of heavy snow will do. Then i can handle it geting milder over the weekend

Friday may be the best bet with it being heavy PPN. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!

Icicles forming here too now - honestly can't remember the last time I saw one!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything out of the ordinary, except extreme heat
2 minutes ago, snowblind said:

Snow getting heavier again in north Essex

And in the south, and I can confirm it is absolutely bitter out there!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Bright and breezy and -5C. It looks as if some small, light snow showers are coming in from the east?:santa-emoji:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters
3 minutes ago, saint said:

Friday may be the best bet with it being heavy PPN. 

Agree J, Also reading through Model thread, For the weekend not looking as mild as first suggested, Although any form of Mildness will be very short lived indeed. Cold trend still favourable...

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
34 minutes ago, Mikel Nimbus said:

ZCzByWN.jpg

People below need to watch out :shok:.

Maybe wearing one these might be worth a go ?

5F36AD85-1C1C-46CA-9A63-01FE42921AE2.jpeg