Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
2 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

yes not many people buy large teapots anymore, they have become a thing of the past, you're obviously way out of touch with teapot buyers:unsure2:

I presume you're aware that the swear filter changes "m o d e r n w i n t e r" to "large teapot"?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Ok, brightening up now.. Some have done extremely well, My location not even an inch

Posted
  • Location: Mostly Watford but 3 months of the year at Capestang 34310, France
  • Weather Preferences: Continental type climate with lots of sunshine with occasional storm
  • Location: Mostly Watford but 3 months of the year at Capestang 34310, France
9 minutes ago, echodelta21 said:

I'm not a forecaster (beyond radar watching and saying "it's going to snow!", but NW short range model is showing the Thursday/Friday event heading more towards Ireland? Hope I've just misread it, but that's a hell of a change compared to the current amber/yellow warnings for most of southern England....

It's just reaching us at Watford as I type, now clouded over after a blue start to the day, though we did get a covering through the night and it all looked white, though not deep, probably about 40 mm - the min was -5C and the temp is now -0.8C. 

I note that the forecasts are now delaying the start of the thaw by about a day - these situations can be problematic. 

• Like 1

Posted

Oooh rain alarm just woke up...More intense showers approaching Herts, Beds, Bucks, London in for quite a fall.

https://www.rain-alarm.com/?from=chrome2

Posted

Come on I want some of the action too but the streamers are abit too north for me, will the wind help develop showers on the sea?:nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

oooh, chucking it down with the lovely whitestuff here in Welwyn - an inch here so far, best this year :yahoo::snowman-emoji:

• Like 3

Posted
28 minutes ago, Matty88 said:

Don't fear - you've done better than most! A mere 1-2cm here near Cambs 

By the looks of the radar you could be about to get lucky...

Posted
1 minute ago, Dbarb said:

Come on I want some of the action too but the streamers are abit too north for me, will the wind help develop showers on the sea?:nonono:

I think the storm in Med on route for us UK Thurs/Fri, Very much already helping flow...

https://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/isobaric/700hPa/orthographic=-4.34,45.80,852

Posted

1 cm in Epsom and all hell broke loose on the roads,took me 1 hour for a 20 minute journey.Typical uk weather.Everyone East amd North seem to have done really well but us South of the river not really a beast more like a hampster

Posted
1 minute ago, saint said:

Looks like more bands/showers forming coming off the coast around Chelmsford and further north and south.

Fingers Crossed for today Saint....Been very much a lottery this event.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Beery Sunny evenings

Cambridge getting regular snow showers pushing through.

Posted

Happy snow day in Acton / Ladbroke grove.. see a few hours worth in this wind direction... good day to be working from home but boiler broken of course.. supposed to be getting new one installed this afternoon haha

Posted

Moderate snow here in lowland East London. Not sure how much this is accumulating compared to the early hours.

I'd love to know the current DP - the air temperature is -2 so it's all snow but just doesn't seem to be settling as well as I'd expected. Could be the urban heat island effect I suppose.