Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

Captain Shortwave

Posted
9 minutes ago, Robster said:

Hasn't stopped all morning in Norwich and still heavy. At least 8 or 9 inches I would say now! 

They are saying traffic is at a standstill all around norwich, glad i am indoors

Posted
2 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

They are saying traffic is at a standstill all around norwich, glad i am indoors

I'm not surprised tbh, Dan Holley reporting 18cm - 22cm in the city and it's still coming down! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Yeah hopeing the sun doesn’t melt my precious 1cm ?. If I can keep it intact today at least I will have a base for any further snow tonight!!

Posted
4 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

Yeah roads here are thick with snow, nobody’s going anywhere, yet we have a gritting depot 100 yards up the road, don’t think they can get anywhere either :cold::cold:

Posted
Just now, Blazerblue said:

Yeah roads here are thick with snow, nobody’s going anywhere, yet we have a gritting depot 100 yards up the road, don’t think they can get anywhere either :cold::cold:

Apparently a gritter crashed on the a11 this morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
2 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

It's soooo quiet; it's like a bank holiday...Anywho, I'm off to the Jobcentre, for a Jobsfare, at half-past-ten...Ought to be very busy!:shok:

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, JennyJane1 said:

Apparently a gritter crashed on the a11 this morning.

Need ploughs on the front of gritters, two jobs at once makes sense to me. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days

6z rolling soon....all important emma track and form.

Lets see where the gfs evolves??.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Ed Stone said:

It's soooo quiet; it's like a bank holiday...Anywho, I'm off to the Jobcentre, for a Jobsfare, at half-past-ten...Ought to be very busy!:shok:

Popped to local co-op, I was the only customer in there, only one check out lady made it in so far lol, but the shelves nicely stocked, so all good. Unfortunately for the more elderly residents in this village they don’t stand much chance of getting out, it’s very slippy with the snow lying in already frozen snow from yesterday. Have fun at the job centre (always a joy I’m sure) 

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all :)

Here in lowland East London, it's a glorious winter scene this morning. Reminiscent of Sunday December 19th 2010 though not quite the quantity of fallen snow. I'd say 2-3 inches down here. I actually got up in the night (call of nature) and saw the snow falling, heavy and silent, maybe 4am, maybe later.

There's something inherently relaxing about watching snow fall - yesterday when the big shower hit us, everybody in my office stopped working and stared out the window. It was extraordinary, almost a primal response to the event. Fine and sunny here and up (!) to -2 but I'm expecting the first of two or maybe three ice days even here in London and they will be the first since March 11th 2013.

As to the possibility of more snow today, I don't rule it out later but we'll see.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Morning all. 

A pathetic dusting of snow over night, which is going to be blown away in the strong winds which are forecast for later. 

No snow is forecast for here today

Tomorrow Worthing is bang on the edge of the snow, (just as we have been for the past 2 days) one forecast says we get it, another it stays well west of here. another has rain for the coast then it immediately turning to snow when it moves away from the coast (imagine my shock) 

The Met Office has us JUUUST out of the amber warning, but in the yellow. Such fine margins! 

Roll on the damn spring. 

Edited by tomp456

Posted
Just now, Blazerblue said:

Popped to local co-op, I was the only customer in there, only one check out lady made it in so far lol, but the shelves nicely stocked, so all good. Unfortunately for the more elderly residents in this village they don’t stand much chance of getting out, it’s very slippy with the snow lying in already frozen snow from yesterday. Have fun at the job centre (always a joy I’m sure) 

Took this wee snap from my living-room window:

Image result for deep snow pics

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Warm summers Cold Frosty winters

Still snowing here around 4" possibly a bit more in Hindolveston North Norfolk 

1519808786802101128138.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

My son sent this an hour ago. He’s in central Norwich. His work, south east of Norwich and in a village, has said they are expecting everyone in today! ? 

No snow in Melbourn, near Royston, and daughter caught her train to London with much disgust. 

Less than an inch - or 2.5cm to you youngsters - where I am. Although snowing heavily atm ??

D9AB1236-A5EC-4F9D-9384-8967D1FC5E78.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
11 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

i would imagine they will cancel as no buses are running

Posted
2 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

i would imagine they will cancel as no buses are running

But I must turn up, otherwise I might get 'sanctioned'!:santa-emoji:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice
24 minutes ago, john mac said:

Yeah hopeing the sun doesn’t melt my precious 1cm ?. If I can keep it intact today at least I will have a base for any further snow tonight!!

i'm not sure there'll be more snow later - the graphics on the MetO site looks like cloud to me rather that snow but i could be wrong 

Posted

For three days only, The Triangle of Doom can be renamed The Dodecahedron (sp?) of Delight!:crazy:

• Like 3