Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Decent snow cover here this morning. More than in December which was 6cm so I'm estimating between 8 and 10. Still light snow now.

weather station gave up the ghost at -5.9 at midnight, back online at -4.6 at 345. Been -4.6 ever since.

^Im in Coggeshall as well.

Edited by snowblind

Posted
5 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

Sheep have got more snow than straw! Down side of easterlies, blows straight in the barn!

IMG_20180228_065234.jpg

aww poor sheepies.Just checked my birds, all ok, baby is warm, seagull is very angry about something, but hey that's a seagull for you.:clap:Trains are beginning to be cancelled so it looks like i am going nowhere today.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

My car and drive were clear last night at 11pm. This is now 

Screenshot_20180228-061152.png

• Like 2

Look at those beefy showers coming in. Wind direction means anyone North of the M25 is going to get some more snow over the next few hours.

Wind certainly favours us throughout the day but whether there's much PPN around is another matter. Hopefully we have another day like yeterday.

Tomorrow looks interesting the further West you are of our region, seems to be uncertainty as to how far East the lot from the South will come. 

Edited by Uxbridge90

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Oulton Broad is freezing over. All the boats unable to go anywhere now. Roads have a foot of snow laying and paths etc have deep drifts. Tough to walk in now, too much!!!!! ?

5E86333C-510B-4D86-92D7-7D39FD56E701.jpeg

CE0D42FF-03BC-4544-BFA2-C2E6CC0E8A91.jpeg

E380C001-6838-45A7-9C88-2560A2377054.jpeg

5A82D796-F8F3-4A88-90F7-7C483F470F65.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Posted
37 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

about 30 mins SW of Norwich - his footprints were at midnight and they are still visible! However it's snowing again now, very tiny flakes though. 

I'm about 26 min SW of Norwich and have 3 inches of lying snow this morning, still snowing now. Sounds like you've been desperately unlucky!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
1 minute ago, ribster said:

I'm about 26 min SW of Norwich and have 3 inches of lying snow this morning, still snowing now. Sounds like you've been desperately unlucky!

Still got around 5 inches so not all bad (and that fell between 6pm and midnight) Looks like the flow is more favourable now. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

A few flakes starting to fall again here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
1 minute ago, Lowestoft Weather said:

Another snow storm coming. Jesus!!! ?

2C3C2381-6A2E-4120-ACC9-641362847C18.jpeg

BB31AEA8-AE76-45C1-BF3A-8A0AB02B379A.jpeg

You've got some sunshine!

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Lowestoft Weather said:

Another snow storm coming. Jesus!!! ?

2C3C2381-6A2E-4120-ACC9-641362847C18.jpeg

BB31AEA8-AE76-45C1-BF3A-8A0AB02B379A.jpeg

F254A6C9-3AF3-42FF-8F28-40BC402BD37D.jpeg

snowing lightly here, more snow falling and settling in the last couple of days than i have ever seen in the uk, i think this stretch of the coastline may be where they are warning 20cm may fall today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Anything else coming on the radar for this area?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
1 minute ago, JennyJane1 said:

snowing lightly here, more snow falling and settling in the last couple of days than i have ever seen in the uk, i think this stretch of the coastline may be where they are warning 20cm may fall today.

I’m with you there Jenny, it’s an event here for sure. Hasn’t the wind picked up the last 30 minutes on the coast, really whipping the snow about now. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy Winters, Hot and Sunny Summers - Never Mild!

So I woke around 6am on the morning and was welcomed to this.....

DSC_0965.thumb.JPG.3feb07fca37c3957dc2e21b8b1c8061a.JPG

DSC_0968.thumb.JPG.e0e31a26885b3e41964fd0401b683be5.JPG

DSC_0969.thumb.JPG.5f4e9e90d8d5e0a27be4d93bb6a229df.JPG

Best snowfall Central London has got since January 2013! :yahoo:

Easily got about 3ins! :D

Hopefully more to come Thurs/Fri for our region. Good luck guys! :good:

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, john mac said:

Anything else coming on the radar for this area?

There's some coming through fairly soon which might just clip you, other than that it looks fairly quiet from where you are southwards today as the winds change and there seems to be less instability - I'd keep an eye on tomorrow and Friday for anything significant.

On another note - bitterly cold start at -5.3c at the moment but actually fine without the wind, a light dusting over night but still not as good as the snow we got earlier during the winter.

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Lowestoft Weather said:

I’m with you there Jenny, it’s an event here for sure. Hasn’t the wind picked up the last 30 minutes on the coast, really whipping the snow about now. 

All is still at the moment but its when the snow falls quite a lot you can see it being blown about.Sky looks ominously greywhite and laden so i think it will snow a lot soon.Just worked out what is wrong with seagull, he shed a big feather, hes just brought it to me in his beak to show me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny in the summer, cold and snowy in the winter

Wow, was I wrong! A good 4" over night, and it's just stopped 

Posted

Bloody freezing on this mornings dog walk. -4.5 degrees C however with the windchill probably nearer -12!  numb fingers! wrap up warm....

The sun had a halo around it this morning an also a 'sun dog'.  It was not that pronounced compared to the examples found on the internet but was interesting nevertheless. 

From Wikipedia

A sun dog (or sundog) or mock sun, formally called a parhelion[1] (plural parhelia) in meteorology, is an atmospheric optical phenomenon that consists of a bright spot to the left and/or right of the Sun. Two sun dogs often flank the Sun within a 22° halo.

The sun dog is a member of the family of halos, caused by the refraction of sunlight by ice crystals in the atmosphere. Sun dogs typically appear as a pair of subtly colored patches of light, around 22° to the left and right of the Sun, and at the same altitude above the horizon as the Sun. They can be seen anywhere in the world during any season, but are not always obvious or bright. Sun dogs are best seen and most conspicuous when the Sun is near the horizon.

Edited by trumpage
typo
  • Like 1

Posted

Completely snowed in here at halesworth, not a car is moving. Dogs loved it, took ages to get all the balls of snow off their legs and bellies, gotta be at least 6” deep and drifts even higher, snow still,coming down. Least my sons school in Lowestoft is closed today, couldn’t get there even if I wanted to.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1