Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
7 minutes ago, Matty88 said:

The amount of abuse I got last week from 'know it alls' for suggesting we wouldn't get a 3ft snow drift was astonishing .... including being accused of being a troll! People just forgot the true extent of an easterly in March with strong sunshine... 

Never the less some have had 3 inch dumps this morning so can't complain for March really!

Maybe we can keep the I told you so's until AFTER the chances of snow have gone?  People have had such a strop on various forums moaning about only getting an inch or what not, moaning about the met office warnings etc but we've still got tomorrow and Thursday with more snow forecast for many.  Once we get to the weekend then we can do the I told you so's but considering we're still inside the forecast period for me it's a bit too soon to say no snow drifts etc because there's still more to come yet, it may well be little or not the amounts suggested but forecasters can only go with what's in front of them tempered with experience if the models get it wrong then it's wrong

• Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, moogyboobles said:

Is it just me or is the radar stuck on 12:25?

Mine was but it has just moved.  There was a message saying met office had trouble sending out data

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days
10 minutes ago, john mac said:

On a knife edge for thurs-fri. 100 miles eastwards and we’re in the amber zone.

'As again'- west of region thursday/-rest of region possibly following suite into friday!!!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
Just now, MKMartin said:

Mine was but it has just moved.  There was a message saying met office had trouble sending out data

Ah thank you!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Snow falling again in Chingford 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, heatwaves & thunderstorms

Had quite a bit of snow in Colchester in the morning but considerable melt now due to the sun, even though it's 0C here.

Posted

Look like a new streamer forming over  ipswich  can't wait for the  Fri thing could  interwesting

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

Net Weather forum newbie here (although have been a long term lurker haha!) :) Whilst clearly there's been a lot of snow out east into Kent and parts of Essex I'm quite disappointed with what we've had so far here from the so called 'Beast from the East' in North London - we had a couple of moderate- heavy snow showers yesterday giving a dusting and a half hearted attempt at a flurry mid morning today - even spotted a guy in a T shirt and shorts on Finchley High Road earlier - in the sunshine you'd think it was Spring if you didn't look at the temperature! :cold: Any chance that us North/ West London lot may see anything later as next chance for any significant snow looks to be the interesting but equally not definite snow event Thursday into Friday possibly lasting into Saturday?? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice

clouds starting to form up in the Thames Estuary . . . 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Big fluffy flakes in Camden town!

Hubs just called and it's been snowing quite hard at home on the a128 between brentwood and grays.

I'll be leaving work early this afternoon methinks,

Posted

I am finding the weather at the moment incredibly frustrating. Had some heavy showers yesterday but nothing settled until about 5 when the last one went through and left a covering. Nothing overnight then a brief heavier shower about 8 this morning which topped up the one from yesterday evening. Only a thin covering which has melted in the sun. Just up the road from me in Colchester there has been quite a bit. Other places towards the coast have done well and it's great to see the pics?

The automated forecast on the met office site for tonight and tomorrow looks quite encouraging and a much colder day than today with a max of minus 2. I know everyone says to ignore these but, quite frankly, for a day ahead it's been more accurate than any forecast or warning I've seen for my location so let's hope it continues.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
38 minutes ago, moogyboobles said:

6 minutes ago I had this, but the roads have already melted. 

snow-1.jpg

Late Feb sun is strong, but i didn't think it was strong enough to melt roads:shok:

• Like 2

Posted

Car crash was just up the road from me.  We’ve had considerably more snow than Colchester town.  I don’t want to sound like I’m gloating but it comes over the top of my Doc Marten boots!

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Amanda Sherborne said:

Car crash was just up the road from me.  We’ve had considerably more snow than Colchester town.  I don’t want to sound like I’m gloating but it comes over the top of my Doc Marten boots!

Same here!Mind you, the kids found it too cold and wanted to go back in!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

very heavy snow here atm \o/

• Like 2