Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Heavy snow for about 15 minutes in Rayleigh. Has recovered all the cars that were out earlier. Just need this to hold for a few hours...

Posted

Was anyone expecting showers more widely across the whole region? Because I certainly was especially with such cold uppers over a relatively warm north sea, I know some coastal counties have done well, but for the rest of us it's been very disappointing up to now to say the least.

Looks like tomorrow morning is the best hope for most of us, unless some showers can push further inland today/tonight.

Edited by Bobby93
  • Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Bobby93 said:

Was anyone expecting showers more widely across the whole region? Because I certainly was, I know some coastal counties have done well, but for the rest of us it's been very disappointing up to now to say the least.

Looks like tomorrow morning is the best hope for most of us, unless some showers can push further inland today/tonight.

just forget it its too east load of crap

• Like 1

Posted

i have officially built a 2 foot tall snowman and it's still snowing after over an hour after it started! Getting more snow from this then we've had from any frontal snow in years, you wouldn't think they were showers with the constant flakes falling inbetween

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice

slow start but, boy, has the last 12 hours made up for it :)

20180227_102016.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Really disappointed to wake up with the same amount I went to bed with just north of Colchester last night, especially with the forecast predicting a lot of snow.  Even half of what was predicted would have been decent but no, nothing fell overnight at all.

Currently at work on the Shotley Peninsula in Suffolk where they've had a fair bit more and still coming down as I type.  I might even go as far as to say they've had more here this morning than I was expecting although, again, the overnight amounts weren't anything special...couple of inches, tops.

Posted
10 minutes ago, Bobby93 said:

Was anyone expecting showers more widely across the whole region? Because I certainly was especially with such cold uppers over a relatively warm north sea, I know some coastal counties have done well, but for the rest of us it's been very disappointing up to now to say the least.

I did try being realistic on this thread last week when the models were firming things up but got shot down in flames!! 

Never the less - the set up is going to change slightly over the next 24 hours to hopefully provide some more widespread snowfall coverage for the region and particularly EA, before things 'dry' up from the South from tomorrow lunchtime, until Friday afternoon that is when we can all expect a good covering hopefully (until it melts on Sunday).

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Matty88 said:

I did try being realistic on this thread last week when the models were firming things up but got shot down in flames!! 

Never the less - the set up is going to change slightly over the next 24 hours to hopefully provide some more widespread snowfall coverage for the region and particularly EA, before things 'dry' up from the South from tomorrow lunchtime, until Friday afternoon that is when we can all expect a good covering hopefully (until it melts on Sunday).

Hopefully we all see something over the next day or two. Was just expecting more shower activity over more of the region in all honesty.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

As TEITS says tonight is looking good for a whole maybe a band of snow heading west. MO video forecast has it all kicking off at about 18:00. MO are showing lots of showers a lot more than what the BBC are going for. Could we sneak an amber warning perhaps? 

• Thanks 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, yamkin said:

PPN to move Westwards towards London at approx 11:00 hrs

Hi Yamkin. Is that all parts of London? Anything to get excited about for us Snow starved Londoners?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bobby93 said:

Have a look at TEITS post above, it looks like further parts of the region will see something over night. The winds will start changing to benefit more across the region as well - I think the only parts to miss out will be those North of the Thames up to the M25, which is unfortunate but the luck of the draw. All should see something by Friday though.

Think Epping through to Egham should see something in the coming hours - not so good NW of that though.

Edited by Uxbridge90

Posted

I can see a shower coming off the North Sea with yellow and orange echoes. Just skimming past Norwich. Only 100 miles to go... and disintegrating all the way... but if it keeps it's current track... it should arrive in Stevenage around lunchtime... and deliver a snowflake. Fingers crossed. 

Off out to enjoy some of the cold weather... ie make my way to work.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Warm summers Cold Frosty winters

Just had another short sharp snow shower here just East of Fakenham North Norfolk 

• Like 3

Posted

These showers have been streaming in here with a solid flow for an hour and a half now.. if we keep going we could get some very good totals around here. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms
1 hour ago, SN0WM4N said:

Euro 4 is party time this evening indications of ANOTHER streamer then a more organised band of snow for the entire region 

18022800_2700.gif.f770c6e00acb5909a2209e70f47cf803.gif   18022806_2700.gif.724560c5783f2ad3494c7cd85bf7e9aa.gif

What time would this be? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Oh it's perfect right now in South Woodham, a short but sweet shower I expect. 

• Like 1