IGNORED

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

Captain Shortwave

Posted
1 minute ago, Ben Lewis said:

Frosty and dry here in Bedfordshire 

Whilst North Wales and NW England manage to get snow in an Easterly

you couldn’t make it up.... 

It was a well predicted shortwave and without it the flow would have stayed stronger more easterly and we would have had more chance onight and this morning of getting showers further west.  But the convergence trough would probably not have existed so the band of heavier snowfall wouldn’t have existed across Kent/Sussex 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Cold, clear and frosty here, -3C currently and sod all snow lol. Nice to see some areas got pasted! Enjoy, lucky ones.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

It's fun for once not having to switch between PPN type on the radar knowing that everything on it is snow! Just watching the bands drift in from the north sea seeing their intensity instead of switching back and forth 

Slight dusting here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

very slight dusting here on cars and grass and round the curbs. Not much for me at all today \o/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
20 minutes ago, Lowestoft Weather said:

Welcome to the Alpine Ski Resort Lowestoft ?

9469C0CC-78EE-44AE-8720-41342C117222.jpeg

30B63E80-1962-435D-987A-C3C97A6482A5.jpeg

what am i doing in your garden:cc_confused:

Posted

Nice to live slap bang in the middle of the amber zone and have not have enough snow for a snowball. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice

it was a slow burner, but a good 4 inches here overnight in Leigh on Sea (looking south west)

20180227_065931.JPG

• Like 3

Posted

Had about 4cms here, which by the sounds of things is relatively good considering the rest of region got very little. Looks like showers dying off today but maybe the chance of something more tonight into tomorrow 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Only a dusting in SWF, I was so sure the winds would go more easterly and I gave into sleep expecting to wake up to more than this.
Oh well.  There are some blobs coming in my direction but I'm not going to invest too much hope in them. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Looking more and more likely that this cold spell is not going to live long in the memory snow wise. Fridays event looking far weaker too. Just hope we can scrape a few cms out of that one.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
15 minutes ago, Speedbird said:

it was a slow burner, but a good 4 inches here overnight in Leigh on Sea (looking south west)

20180227_065931.JPG

Really happy for you guys that's got the snow but I'm your doing what every snow lover does and over egging it big time. Not even 2 inches there I'm sorry lol you can see on the bush if it was 4 inches all that would be weighed down. Anyway lol enjoy it's more than I have got lol 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Morning East Angulars :) Well, this is a shock - I have what I would call very businesslike snow, the skies are leaden and it's FALLING STRAIGHT DOWN! There's not a breath of wind out there and tbh not particularly cold compared with yesterday. Did I miss some major sea change overnight???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and very warm (not hot!)

What has surprised me during this period is the lack of wind. There was a lot of hype about the windchill factor and how it was going to feel like Siberia, just been fairly standard cold winter weather so far, the only unusual part being that it is so late in the season. 

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Severe Siberian icy blast said:

Really happy for you guys that's got the snow but I'm your doing what every snow lover does and over egging it big time. Not even 2 inches there I'm sorry lol you can see on the bush if it was 4 inches all that would be weighed down. Anyway lol enjoy it's more than I have got lol 

you're kidding me, right ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!
2 minutes ago, Easily sled said:

What has surprised me during this period is the lack of wind. There was a lot of hype about the windchill factor and how it was going to feel like Siberia, just been fairly standard cold winter weather so far, the only unusual part being that it is so late in the season. 

Yeah I think the reason is the flow got strangled off as mentioned on the last page, the lack of wind goes hand in hand with the lack of snow. 

Just feels like a regular winter morning here bit of a chill in the air but manageable.

Posted
1 minute ago, Number 23 said:

Yeah I think the reason is the flow got strangled off as mentioned on the last page, the lack of wind goes hand in hand with the lack of snow. 

Just feels like a regular winter morning here bit of a chill in the air but manageable.

One thing I did notice during the night was how the windspeed really picked up each time we had a snow shower . . .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny in the summer, cold and snowy in the winter

-5 and frosty here. Very, very disappointing. I'm not expecting anything now