Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Bearing in mind how rubbish the BBC weather forecast and app has been in recent times who has complained?

If yes what has been the best point of contact?

It annoys me they keep quoting the Met Office when they have sacked them. 

Edited by Snipper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice
1 minute ago, frozencanals said:

Evening all,

moderate snow here in Westcliff at the moment everything slowly turning white, my chances of getting to Gatwick by 5am tomorrow just took a hit, but looking good out there :-)

Cheers

FC

there's a great cell heading our way just offshore Mersea at the moment - could really ramp things up ;-)

Posted
30 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Ive got a feeling as highlighted earlier the warning was a tad to far west - the allignment of the convergence is acute -

Anywhere west of a line of colchester > Chelmsford > Dartford > East Grinstead > Brighton **** May struggle *** 

Its more mid / west kent SE essex on first inspection -

@Norfolk Sheep

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!

Yeah what Steve said is playing out on the radar. Hoping things switch to favour more of us later and overnight, but this does look to be shaping up as an even more localised event in terms of snow distribution than I expected. 

Being right on the cusp of the amber warning for later I'll withhold judgment until the morning, but I think the lamppost watching probably a bit futile over the next few hours tbh. 

Good luck to those South and East of  me although i think the S Essex contingent are on the other thread anyway lol

Posted
39 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

Yep, does seem that the areas originally predicted not to have much in the way of snow are now going to get what we should have had. They started pinching our storms and now this. 

I'm not sure Norfolk was ever predicted to have large amounts of snow? East Norfolk could get quite a bit when the flow swings back E then SE on Wednesday morning with the deep instability around

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and not to hot

Slight covering now imby hope it continues for a few more hours 

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Number 23 said:

Yeah what Steve said is playing out on the radar. Hoping things switch to favour more of us later and overnight, but this does look to be shaping up as an even more localised event in terms of snow distribution than I expected. 

Being right on the cusp of the amber warning for later I'll withhold judgment until the morning, but I think the lamppost watching probably a bit futile over the next few hours tbh. 

Good luck to those South and East of  me although i think the S Essex contingent are on the other thread anyway lol

I'm in here unfortunately. Could see by the way the Beeb and Met Office were wording things today that the winds were not going to be favourable for my location. Just a little bit too far west. Being in the Amber zone just means that the Met are covering their bases, doesn't mean you're guaranteed anything.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Number 23 said:

it is difficult to know which thread to be in at the moment, I keep jumping from one to the other

FC

• Like 2

Posted

I don't think the lull along the Southern half of the A12 will last long. The showers coming into view upstream seem to be heavier and more widespread. We're still some hours away from the heaviest stuff in the forecast.

Posted
6 minutes ago, Speedbird said:

there's a great cell heading our way just offshore Mersea at the moment - could really ramp things up ;-)

I hope it does ramp up, otherwise it is going to be difficult to call this one, for going work tomorrow, do I set the alarm for 3.30am or not....

Here's to a ramp up and no 3.30 alarm

FC

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.
Just now, Nizzer said:

Yes, but most of that stuff will fizzle out the further inland it travels.

Lets see in 30 mins and go from there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!

it is difficult to know which thread to be in at the moment, I keep jumping from one to the other

FC

Think you'll be better off on the other thread tbh! You should be well in on the action.  

ps saw your other location as Jarnac I have a house down in Mansle near Angouleme beautiful part of the world. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice

I hope it does ramp up, otherwise it is going to be difficult to call this one, for going work tomorrow, do I set the alarm for 3.30am or not....

Here's to a ramp up and no 3.30 alarm

FC

heavy snow shower incoming 10 mins ;-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

it's snowing (again)

• Like 1

Posted

We seem to be in a firing line for snow showers near Harwich over last hour or so.  However only half a centimeter on the ground.  However if the winds start to pick up again expect the snow to start blowing around , especially if we get more during the early hours as forecast.  Current wind 18 mph from NNE

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Just had two heavy showers which has given everywhere a covering, temperature of -3 currently.  Another shower incoming look at the radar

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, Nizzer said:

Yes, but most of that stuff will fizzle out the further inland it travels.

To be fair, the showers we've got down here in Herts have travelled all the way from Norwich etc, so I have some hope.  

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

There is definitely signs of thicker cloud closing down on Norfolk off the North Sea moving WSW that looks associated with the main area of low pressure that is due to hit Northern England and Scotland maybe this will cause more instability and give some a surprise covering.

https://en.sat24.com/en/nl/infraPolair