Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

Captain Shortwave

Posted

right guys first proper heavy showers approaching Harlow heading straight for north London should get our first slight covering eta around 20 mins time 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice
2 minutes ago, saint said:

Just seen this mentioned elsewhere.. Guess we'll have to wait and see!

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast < the MetO forecast video is on that page - move the vid forward to 1:55 and enjoy . . .

• Like 2

Posted

Weird weather around Norwich. Near blizzard then sun comes out and its all melted. Then a little snow shower, then sun and so on. Temp not far off 2c and lovely in the sun. Is this a beast from the far east and therefore turning tropical!

I jest, its nice to see the snow showers and it is cold in the wind but we're well into the afternoon now and nothing materialising under our yellow/amber warning area.

We need cloud cover and temps dropping if any snow tonight is going to be around in the morning. Beats dull and wet any day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice
Just now, Nizzer said:

If the BBCs current forecast on news 24 is correct I will be hugely disappointed! 5 to 10CMs in the Amber warning zones! I was reading double digits in inches on here last week!

there is more snow tomorrow daytime and another potential spell of heavy snow through wednesday night (see the video link in a previous post from 5 mins ago)

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Nizzer said:

If the BBCs current forecast on news 24 is correct I will be hugely disappointed! 5 to 10CMs in the Amber warning zones! I was reading double digits in inches on here last week!

There is something forming off SW coast of Norway at the moment (a potential trough?) heading SW....might include you on southern edge.....things can change later on.

But yes, I know what you mean

Edited by Bryn Webster

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
6 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

I don't eat that muck. on a diet love.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises
5 minutes ago, Speedbird said:

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast < the MetO forecast video is on that page - move the vid forward to 1:55 and enjoy . . .

Indeed...Tues/Wed is going to be interesting esp considering todays forecast.  Transport for london are uppdating their info each hour and I've just heard on the radio that some travel service are stopping earlier tonight. Anyone travelling should check before they set off.

Just realised i've run out of cinnamon sticks for making mulled wine, got to get to the shops... maybe get an extra cheapo bottle of red to make it with (-:

• Like 2

Posted
14 minutes ago, Lampostwatcher said:

right guys first proper heavy showers approaching Harlow heading straight for north London should get our first slight covering eta around 20 mins time 

I am in Epping looking out of a second floor window towards Harlow and it is blue sky in that direction. Think what you were looking at will go several miles to the north of here and North London. 

Can't see any showers here for the next hour or so.

Edited by mitre10

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

i got some light snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!

Looks like a line of showers might follow the Ipswich/Colchester/Chelmsford path over the next hour or two?

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, Number 23 said:

Looks like a line of showers might follow the Ipswich/Colchester/Chelmsford path over the next hour or two?

yes straight to north of the Thames 

Posted

Should have a SE moaning thread, I feel bad having a moan in here bringing the mood down! :closedeyes: But here it goes: This spell has been watered down over the past week. Was just looking through the old SE thread, and looking at some of the Met Office forecasts from a few days ago. I thought we were in for an epic cold spell! What has happened? A few cms of snow and a couple of days just below freezing doesn't do it for me unfortunately. 

Posted
7 minutes ago, Number 23 said:

Just been out for a walk with the dogs over at Admirals Park, that wind is damn cold brrr

Chelmsford seems to be missing most of the snow at present, hope that changes later on.

Edited by Mustang

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

Even the baon wilderness that is Huntingdon is getting a good shower or two, this bodes well for later on

Posted

Oh well, the usual letdown here in north Suffolk, a couple of melted flakes, main showers to the south and north just as I said the other day and got slated for. Possible half inch on Wednesday morning, but that will be gone by tomorrow, then some rain turning to rain on Thurs Fri, that will have petered out by the time it gets here anyway. Talk about a load of hype for absolutely nothing,, again. Jeez. Yawn.

Posted
6 hours ago, Djdazzle said:

Go on then. Which shop?

Manzes, Tower Bridge Road. Superb. Even got the obligatory signed photo of Frank Bruno. 

• Like 1

Posted

We haven't had any further melt in the past hour, not sure why but that's a good sign for anything else that's to come!

Posted
10 minutes ago, Nizzer said:

Should have a SE moaning thread, I feel bad having a moan in here bringing the mood down! :closedeyes: But here it goes: This spell has been watered down over the past week. Was just looking through the old SE thread, and looking at some of the Met Office forecasts from a few days ago. I thought we were in for an epic cold spell! What has happened? A few cms of snow and a couple of days just below freezing doesn't do it for me unfortunately. 

I did try and say yesterday but I got shot down. It's been very over hyped as per usual. Yes, very cold,yes lovely to see a few snow showers, but they are only for the lucky few, certainly not widespread snow fall.  Like someone said, better than dull, mild and wet.