Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

Thought I’d pop in to see all the snow pictures you were all producing. Seems everyone is in the same boat random snow showers???? I actually have to say I’m quite sad they snapped us in half I see why BUT I DONT LIKE IT NIT ONE TINY TINY BIT :aggressive::angry:

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 minute ago, DonnaThw said:

Thought I’d pop in to see all the snow pictures you were all producing. Seems everyone is in the same boat random snow showers???? I actually have to say I’m quite sad they snapped us in half I see why BUT I DONT LIKE IT NIT ONE TINY TINY BIT :aggressive::angry:

i'm going to post in both because i haven't got a clue where i live anymore:rofl:

• Like 1

Just now, DonnaThw said:

I sent you a message , it’s sunny here ...am thinking of writing a letter of complaint about us all being split up ... but keep ya NIT even if it is tiny :friends:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
6 minutes ago, moogyboobles said:

Lightly snowing here in South Woodham now. Been on and off here all day.

I've got a few polystyrene balls still laying in the garden(shade) but that's the sum total :( 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Snowflake Queen said:

I sent you a message , it’s sunny here ...am thinking of writing a letter of complaint about us all being split up ... but keep ya NIT even if it is tiny :friends:

should join us with the scottish thread  they could do with the posts:whistling:

Posted
1 minute ago, Snowflake Queen said:

I sometimes question wheather I actually managed to get a B in my GCSE English or someone just felt sorry for me and gave it to me because they were being kind:rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
1 minute ago, Froze were the Days said:

I've got a few polystyrene balls still laying in the garden(shade) but that's the sum total :( 

The last of mine have melted, it was only really the shower I woke up to that settled for a couple of hours anyway. But it's still early. 

Edited by moogyboobles
  • Like 1

Posted
27 minutes ago, Matty88 said:

It makes sense why the Meto have put warnings in for later - and the charts agree, not much in the way of settling snow until later. Nothing wrong with that of course.... just need to hope and pray you catch a 'streamer' or organised trough 

Absolutely, I think many places will see a covering overnight. I think the issue today for settling snow isn’t ground temp or dew points but the intensity of the showers at the minute.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

I sometimes question wheather I actually managed to get a B in my GCSE English or someone just felt sorry for me and gave it to me because they were being kind:rofl:

Me too ! Meaning I got a B ...Oh well least we know what we mean :crazy: go dust off your sledge I’m sure we will get something ? 

Edited by Snowflake Queen

Posted

Had a "reboot" here in Chelmsford earlier whereby the ground dried off after this mornings snow showers.  There has been a shower of polystyrene and .......it is all wet again :nonono::laugh:

Posted
9 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

i'm going to post in both because i haven't got a clue where i live anymore:rofl:

Is it all that snow??? You can’t see sign posts :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!

A lot of the heavier shower activity seems to be to my North now travelling Norwich/Cambridge direction with a less intense band following just underneath it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

It's been snowing here more than it's been sunny now, decent sized flakes but still not settling on the wet surfaces from earlier (grass is a tiny bit whiter).

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

Me too ! Meaning I got a B ...Oh well least we know what we mean :crazy: go dust off your sledge I’m sure we will get something ? 

Think tonight seems promising if it doesn’t happen I’m moving back to the UAE. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Big cell moving overhead here and the snow starting to come down. Looks like we will get a bit before the sun re-appears!

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

Think tonight seems promising if it doesn’t happen I’m moving back to the UAE. 

is that in birmingham?

Posted

Huzzah - absolutely chucking it down in Cambridge and we now have white grass. Huge, fluffy  flakes. I bet it's still dry at home in west Cambs, though.

• Like 1