Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Wow - Cambridgeshire is in the complete dry zone. Not seen a flake yet here in Cambridge. Plenty of showers to the north and south and a lovely big dry patch in between. Everywhere else is getting in on the action. This doesn't bode well. ironic that we're in East Anglia and can't benefit from an easterly :wallbash:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
1 minute ago, danm said:

At work in central London and it's a mix between snow and graupel at the moment. Strange!

Probably the urban heat island effect.  Dark clouds and snowing again here - must be the shower that hit Norwich earlier.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

The odd flurry all day, a heavy snow shower which lasted all of 10mins and sun again! Not really lasting and nothing really of note from this Beast so far! 1991 and 2010 and 2013 was way better

Posted

I really hope the comparisons to 87,91 & 10 were not exaggerations! Looking at the Met Office forecasts for our region I really cannot see anything on the scale of those events yet.

Edited by Nizzer
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises
7 minutes ago, Delka said:

Merry Christmas from a snowy Hunstanton! wait, it's not christmas? it's nearly spring.. well :cold:

IMG_5667_edited.jpg

Wow! snow on a salty beach.. I can never get my head round that.

Doesn't bode well for all the salt bought for the drive

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Oh snow, got to be close second frosty mornings, all white and glistening,

i will never turn down a streamer, :D, every chance they will pop up and give us a lovely surprise,:shok: never say never , :D, the week is but young

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
2 minutes ago, icy toes said:

Wow - Cambridgeshire is in the complete dry zone. Not seen a flake yet here in Cambridge. Plenty of showers to the north and south and a lovely big dry patch in between. Everywhere else is getting in on the action. This doesn't bode well. ironic that we're in East Anglia and can't benefit from an easterly :wallbash:

There is one beefy shower heading for Cambridge so fingers crossed for you mate!

Posted
2 minutes ago, icy toes said:

The radar looks pretty active but unless your under a yellow blob it probably is just a really light flurry - Longstanton nr Cambs has had a few flurries in the last 20 mins. Need some beefier organsised snow showers to come along and preferably late Afternoon/Evening time - anything in the day has been melting in other locations. We should get at least a few cm's in the next few days - nothing near 20cm though (unless Thurs/Fri gets going)

All good fun!

Posted
3 minutes ago, icy toes said:

We should get something later today; watch out the snow showers currently over Thetford it seems that they'll move through over Cambridge. Also keep in mind that MetOffice weather alert is active from 14.00 today.

Posted
4 minutes ago, Pixel said:

Wow! snow on a salty beach.. I can never get my head round that.

Doesn't bode well for all the salt bought for the drive

It is very impressive, but it settles quicker and easier on the actual beach then the pavement in town!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

hahahaha 0-5 cms!!...this so called noteworthy severe spell strikes me it's not going to be noteworthy! :) 

I did see the Beeb forecast for the next few days earlier and most of the snow was from Norfolk northwards along the coast and higher ground and this was presented by the ramper himself Tomasz.

Edited by Froze were the Days
  • Thanks 1

Posted
Just now, Froze were the Days said:

hahahaha 0-5 cms!!...this so called noteworthy severe spell strikes me it's not going to be noteworthy! :) 

Yep, said it yesterday. Got a bad feeling about this cold spell.

Posted
4 minutes ago, Frostbite1980 said:

There is one beefy shower heading for Cambridge so fingers crossed for you mate!

Haha - just as I was typing that post, I actually saw some snowflakes, although they were gone in a blink

Posted
1 minute ago, Froze were the Days said:

I call crap on the Meto for that one, we already have 5cm in the shade with more on its way! 5cm is definitely noteworthy for North Norfolk and i'll remember this single day for several years at the minimum even if we don't get anymore.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings
10 minutes ago, Sweetdream said:

I'm 20 miles south live in. Huntingdon. Easterly always misses this area. Unless wash streamer start up and wind turn. Lol 

I mentioned in last thread that we are a snow-no-go area , sucks

Posted

that warning is from 4pm to midnight 

which tbf ain' bad for starters 

hoping to get at least 2.5cm 

Edited by Lampostwatcher