Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Ice and cold sunny days with blue skies.

The first proper easterly for years and it looks like it's not going to happen here (Saffron Walden). Being too pessimistic? I thought this is what we needed to get the winters of the 80s back with 6" thick ice on the pond and deep snow. Why is this still not the right conditions?

Posted

Looking at the radar it seems much heavier snow showers are now developing across N Norfolk.

• Like 1

Posted

Well it's a decent start considering more widespread showers aren't expected until tomorrow into Wednesday when instability peaks! 

Edited by saint
  • Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, TEITS said:

Looking at the radar it seems much heavier snow showers are now developing across N Norfolk.

I hope so, we deserve some meaningful snow for once!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
2 minutes ago, Uxbridge90 said:

Not much in our part of London sadly.

Although MetOffice saying heavy snow this afternoon - can't quite see it my self.

Heavy snow falling here near Heathrow, blowing about a fair bit and settling!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Suffolk, Essex and down into Greater London seem to have been the best places this morning so far for snow. 

Convection should increase through the day and tonight with all parts seeing at least something 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!
5 minutes ago, IPredictASnowStorm said:

is north west London a decent place?

You're too far N to get in on the real heavy stuff over the next day or two, but you're in with a shout of some showers pushing in I'd say.

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, TEITS said:

Hi teits.  Do you think the showers will push further south and west,  with a wash streamer setting up. So far in huntingdon the snow shield is holding firm. Would be nice for your expertise in this thread. 

Posted

sudden all out blizzardous conditions here with huge fluffy flakes, we went from a dusting on some surfaces to about a 1cm on everything within less then 5 minutes. proper whiteout here! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Heavy snow shower in Chingford now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Here's this morning's Met Office Yellow Warning for our Region. Looks and sounds very promising for most of our area.

Between 14:00 Mon 26th and 23:55 Mon 26th

Snow showers, already affecting eastern parts of England early on Monday, are expected to become more persistent and more widespread through Monday afternoon and evening. There is the potential for travel delays on roads, stranding of some vehicles and passengers, as well as delays or cancellations to rail and air travel. Some rural communities could become cut off. Power cuts may also occur and other services, such as mobile phones, may be affected.

5a93d14a3bd96_MetOffWarningMon26Feb.thumb.jpg.46ab95c436db3e9900cce0b70a633cc9.jpg

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings#?date=2018-02-26

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/storms
2 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Here's this morning's Met Office Yellow Warning for our Region. Looks and sounds very promising for most of our area.

Snow showers, already affecting eastern parts of England early on Monday, are expected to become more persistent and more widespread through Monday afternoon and evening. There is the potential for travel delays on roads, stranding of some vehicles and passengers, as well as delays or cancellations to rail and air travel. Some rural communities could become cut off. Power cuts may also occur and other services, such as mobile phones, may be affected.

5a93d14a3bd96_MetOffWarningMon26Feb.thumb.jpg.46ab95c436db3e9900cce0b70a633cc9.jpg

Was always told to watch out for yellow snow....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Oh snow, got to be close second frosty mornings, all white and glistening,

one min the suns out ,next min dark clouds, its trying so hard to give us a good pasting :D, still very early days, the fun i believe is yet to come, all good things come to those who wait, last week the sun was warmish, felt spring like, was ready to start gardening, this week, no bloody chance, always expect the unexpected :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!

Yep, about a cm on my garden table. Clear skies for the next hour or so I think,

From the radar looks like that rash of showers which just pushed through are going to be followed by a more localised period of shower activity for at least the next hour or two.

Still, if we cop a few more like that over the course of today I'd guess an inch or so by close of business today. Met warnings for my neck of the woods look to be about right for accumulations at this early stage.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Luton snow shield in full effect! :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Oh snow, got to be close second frosty mornings, all white and glistening,
1 minute ago, lewis clark said:

Was always told to watch out for yellow snow....

um sorry :), wasnt me :rofl:, honestly :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, mishy said:

Luton snow shield in full effect! :rolleyes:

It's annoying for our neck of the woods I know (St Albans here!) but showers are becoming more widespread as the day goes on and I wouldn't pin your hopes just on the warnings.

Plus, we are in the warnings tomorrow when showers will be affecting almost anywhere! :)

Posted
3 minutes ago, saint said:

It's annoying for our neck of the woods I know (St Albans here!) but showers are becoming more widespread as the day goes on and I wouldn't pin your hopes just on the warnings.

Plus, we are in the warnings tomorrow when showers will be affecting almost anywhere! :)

I moved here from Snorbans a couple of years ago. Know only too well the snow shield! But Luton did quite well back in Dec to be fair!

Edited by mishy