Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Lovely shower over Southend now giving a dusting. The snow is so powdery not seen it like that since 2013. You know its bloody cold when even individual flakes are settling!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny in the summer, cold and snowy in the winter
7 minutes ago, irish_lancashire said:

Heavy shower in Colchester

Snow in Chelmsford, snow in Colchester, nothing here in Braintree 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Don't know why but I'm sensing a 1991 repeat here - i.e. no snow and wondering what the fuss was about :nonono:

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Southender said:

Lovely shower over Southend now giving a dusting. The snow is so powdery not seen it like that since 2013. You know its bloody cold when even individual flakes are settling!

Great to see some powder snow, will be great when the intensity picks up and settles during this spell, 

keep thinking we’re getting thunder snow, but it’s the early easy jet flights out of Southend ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice
3 minutes ago, Southender said:

The Eastwood snow-shield is holding firm . . . . i've got about 30 snowgrains assembled on my windscreen wipers

Posted
16 minutes ago, Carl Ballantyne said:

Hiya Masked_firefly, I hope we get something decent out of this cold spell, I expect we will.

Ive lived in kesgrave for two years, beautiful place ??

Im pinewood so not too far  

Posted

As it was snowing lighty when i went to bed last night, woke up this morning hopeful especially as the light was dazzling outside - light on snow, i thought - then i heard cars going by, not muffled, went to the window, bright morning no snow, a little chilly. Have to keep checking baby bird's temperature to check he is not getting too cold, but he was sitting up with his foster mother singing and toasty first thing this morniing. At the moment it seems to be getting darker and clouding over which could be a good sign.

Posted
1 minute ago, Speedbird said:

The Eastwood snow-shield is holding firm . . . . i've got about 30 snowgrains assembled on my windscreen wipers

OOh you lucky devil! Radar showing the lovely gap over Norfolk  - bright and sunny here. Still it can hold off for a bit as have to take truck for MOT in half an hour!

Posted
Just now, Norfolk Sheep said:

OOh you lucky devil! Radar showing the lovely gap over Norfolk  - bright and sunny here. Still it can hold off for a bit as have to take truck for MOT in half an hour!

yep, sunny here now but grey, snow-laden skies all around me :( hoping that the forecast heavier stuff arrives later on today

good luck with the MOT - hope the weather plays ball and lets you get there and back before it closes in

Posted
10 minutes ago, Speedbird said:

The Eastwood shield has now let the snow showers through ?

More of the graupel type at the moment. 

Edited by lewis028

Posted
Just now, Speedbird said:

yep, sunny here now but grey, snow-laden skies all around me :( hoping that the forecast heavier stuff arrives later on today

good luck with the MOT - hope the weather plays ball and lets you get there and back before it closes in

Hold the front page, literally just seen 2 flakes :rofl: We'll never make it I tell ye!

Posted
  • Location: Mostly Watford but 3 months of the year at Capestang 34310, France
  • Weather Preferences: Continental type climate with lots of sunshine with occasional storm
  • Location: Mostly Watford but 3 months of the year at Capestang 34310, France

Eurika! - just get the odd few flakes coming down, not sufficient to cover the ground  - temp -1.2C. 68% humidity.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Powdery snow blowing around in the wind, settling on all surfaces. It’s bitter. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Lovely dusting this morning in North Norfolk, it fell around midnight last night & hasn't melted. Just a few flakes blowing in the breeze this morning.  Unfortunately also blue sky right now too. 

Just awaiting showers now, looking for convection I suppose. 

Edited by Richard Waugh

Posted

there's a dusting on most surfaces this morning with more very small flakes/grains/somethings coming down from the ky again as i speak which is starting to even out the covering .

Posted

update: a lovely snow flurry with medium sized flakes has kicked off, looking lovely and wintry!

Posted

Light snow now falling here in Ipswich and blowing in the wind. Lovely powdery stuff. Radar looks great and meto text forecast an upgrade from the language they were using yesterday. Going to get more interesting as the day goes on I feel! 

Posted

it's definitely very dry and powdery, even though the flakes aren't that big they're finding a way to settle anyway for a change! once we have a complete dusting on everything it may help anything else falling from here onwards..

Posted

everytime i post i turn around and the flakes are a bit bigger maybe i should keep talking! :D

Posted
2 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Nothing in Leigh On Sea when I left for work but settling snow now at Lakeside 

just has a short intense shower of mircoscopic polystyrene balls leaving must surfaces a dusty white . . . .