Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Snowing in Shenfield now!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frosty and fresh
4 hours ago, Neilsouth said:

All stopped, radar isn't accurate

1 hour ago, Snowman31 said:

is the radar busted? nothing here but should be according to radar

5 shades of pink, ignore the first shade take the second with a pinch of salt and hope one of the remaining shades passes over your location.

get this most winters where i am from the cheshire streamer.

Edited by moorlander

Posted

Nothing in Rayleigh at the moment, or overnight by the looks of things.  However, clear that the freezing air is now in.  Good to hear of reports of snow in Shenfield which I will be passing by in about 15 minutes (assuming train doesn't get stuck in snowdrifts...I shouldn't joke, there is a high risk of delays later today - Greater Anglia have their excuses out already)

PS, looks like all the Essex folks are in the other thread. Has something changed ?

PS2, dusting of snow in Billericay

PS3, bigger dusting in Shenfield.  Time for a little nap now so that's the end of the Rayleigh to Liverpool st updates 

Edited by Vesuvius

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow snow

Left Earls Colne At 5 , light snow, thru to feering heavy snow, got to shenfeild, snow falling well just as I got on the train

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

Light snow in Notting Hill now... 

Posted

Snow grains fizzled out in South Ockendon atm, tho a lot of cloud to my NE (very approximately), the breeze is much stronger than yesterday, and brrrrrrr cold. 

Not the most scientific report, but I don’t have the gadgets! ????

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

Light to moderate snow here at the moment, however had a couple of short heavy bursts lasting about 20 seconds.  All surfaces covered immediately.  Looking good so far.

Posted
  • Location: Mostly Watford but 3 months of the year at Capestang 34310, France
  • Weather Preferences: Continental type climate with lots of sunshine with occasional storm
  • Location: Mostly Watford but 3 months of the year at Capestang 34310, France

No snow at Watford! 

Posted
  • Location: Calgary, Canada. Previously, Saffron Walden (Essex/Herts border), United Kingdom
  • Weather Preferences: Continental:Warm dry summers, cold snowy winters
  • Location: Calgary, Canada. Previously, Saffron Walden (Essex/Herts border), United Kingdom

Excuse the scribbles but this is my rough idea of how things will pan out by Thursday. I think the streamer set up will really set up those in the estury area but areas further north and west may struggle to get close to 5cm. In November 2010 where I lived (NW essex) there was barely 5cm but down closer to Chelmsford it was near a foot. Don’t expect anything near to that extreme but the pattern seems similar 

937F25E0-9A71-4360-ADEA-A4496BD08601.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

The snow shield of mid Norfolk strikes every event this happens Jesus !!! What the heck go we have to do to get a flake of snow???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice
37 minutes ago, crazy_diamond said:

Tiny grains dancing in the breeze here in South Ockendon

but are they dancing around a handbag ? ;-)

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Carl Ballantyne said:

Snowing lightly in kesgrave near Ipswich ? currently -1.3 on my weather station ??

Hey another kesgravian!!!! Never did I think there would be someone else from Kesgrave here lmao! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Woodham Walter Essex,between Danbury and Maldon 42 m asl
  • Location: Woodham Walter Essex,between Danbury and Maldon 42 m asl

It's snowing in woodham Walter nr Danbury quite hard atm, but only a slight covering .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!
1 minute ago, masked_firefly said:

Hey another kesgravian!!!! Never did I think there would be someone else from Kesgrave here lmao! 

Make that three Kesgrave representatives! :good:

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, slater said:

The snow shield of mid Norfolk strikes every event this happens Jesus !!! What the heck go we have to do to get a flake of snow???

I know, something about our location and I think we're one of the dryers counties generally. Was snowing when I went to bed last night and nothing since, not even stuck from last night.

Last big fall was 1991 so you would hope on balance we're due some decent snow now from the beast from the east but I fear not. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Zilch here bar the very slight dusting around midnight.  Low cloud streaming in off a NE'ly doesn't look particularly interesting either. Not particularly windy.

Edited by Norfolk Sheep
typo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
14 minutes ago, slater said:

It's pretty much normal now with "interesting" weather for mid Norfolk. Look what happened to our fantastic storms of the late 80s and 90s :nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Light snow here atm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice
19 minutes ago, CanadaAl said:

Excuse the scribbles but this is my rough idea of how things will pan out by Thursday. I think the streamer set up will really set up those in the estury area but areas further north and west may struggle to get close to 5cm. In November 2010 where I lived (NW essex) there was barely 5cm but down closer to Chelmsford it was near a foot. Don’t expect anything near to that extreme but the pattern seems similar 

937F25E0-9A71-4360-ADEA-A4496BD08601.jpeg

for us in south east Essex, we need the wind to turn more easterly - a NE wind here won't produce a lot