Snow?

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hope it's ok to share some pictures I took whilst out around our little village this morning   I won't bore you with them all, but here's a few of my favourites  

Late Feb sun is strong, but i didn't think it was strong enough to melt roads

The thaw not very far away now. An'interesting winter indeed...and coming now to conclusion. Its been emotional and at times frustrating. Over and out. See ya-all november...ish.

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

So this is the thread for anyone effectively north of the river thames. 

Just the usual request to keep discussion on the weather and keep up the good work with being civil and respectful.

Thankyou.

I'm assuming you've just forgotten to add Essex into the thread title, and that you're planning in adding it? :closedeyes:

Just a couple of snapshots from the Euro4

18022612_2512.gif

So by midday tomorrow parts of Norfolk and Suffolk along with areas in line with the winds blowing across the Wash, probably a dusting in quite a few spots with a couple of centimeters in favoured spots. Worth stating that the metoffice warning period would not have begun by this point. Hopefully showers will arrive in the early hours as quite light and scattered features.

Move on 12 hours

18022700_2512.gif

Showers piling into parts of Suffolk and Essex in particular and of course the streamer who must not be named. :p

Tuesday lunchtime

18022712_2512.gif

You can see where that persistent snow has struck towards the north west of the region. It also looks like totals in the east of the region will be topped up as well.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, 80sWeather said:

Looks slightly further East and better for our region.

817F2E75-3268-4A77-8D22-B9F8242CE77D.jpeg

I didn't realise that was the feature moving down from the north... That is quite a bit further east than I expected to see at the moment. 

5 minutes ago, Nizzer said:

I'm assuming you've just forgotten to add Essex into the thread title, and that you're planning in adding it? :closedeyes:

The last time checked Essex what part of East Anglia, unless Essixt has happened? :rofl:

I think that wordplay might need some work.....

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Just a couple of snapshots from the Euro4

18022612_2512.gif

So by midday tomorrow parts of Norfolk and Suffolk along with areas in line with the winds blowing across the Wash, probably a dusting in quite a few spots with a couple of centimeters in favoured spots. Worth stating that the metoffice warning period would not have begun by this point. Hopefully showers will arrive in the early hours as quite light and scattered features.

Move on 12 hours

18022700_2512.gif

Showers piling into parts of Suffolk and Essex in particular and of course the streamer who must not be named. :p

Tuesday lunchtime

18022712_2512.gif

You can see where that persistent snow has struck towards the north west of the region. It also looks like totals in the east of the region will be topped up as well.

all  i  know after watching country file i just might book off thu/fri due to the bizzards which are coming our way dont fancy geting stuck 8miles  away from home at work

2 minutes ago, saint said:

I didn't realise that was the feature moving down from the north... That is quite a bit further east than I expected to see at the moment. 

Moving sw saint. Hope it won’t be too frustrating in south Herts. 

Hello from Cambridge. Let’s see what this week brings for us. Currently at -1.2C. Bring it on.

As mentioned above there will be a reduced service for trains between Cambridge and Liverpool Street/ King's Cross from tomorrow 20.00 up to Wednesday evening. 

1 minute ago, Captain Shortwave said:

The last time checked Essex what part of East Anglia, unless Essixt has happened? :rofl:

I think that wordplay might need some work.....

No, you're right. It's easier now with the tags you've added! I got a bit lost for a bit though.