Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

So this is the thread for anyone effectively north of the river thames. 

Just the usual request to keep discussion on the weather and keep up the good work with being civil and respectful.

Thankyou.

• Like 3

Posted

6 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

So this is the thread for anyone effectively north of the river thames. 

Just the usual request to keep discussion on the weather and keep up the good work with being civil and respectful.

Thankyou.

I'm assuming you've just forgotten to add Essex into the thread title, and that you're planning in adding it? :closedeyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

Really looking forward to what the next few days bring. Could be special especially if that Thames streamer gets going but I'm just in a favoured spot.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Easygoing, but winter is meant to be white, dammit!

It's all gone pretty quiet now.....feel like the poor relatives shuffled to the back of the photo. :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

:cold: It could be a very quiet thread! But let's not spoil things by sneaking back...you know.....over there......:aggressive:

• Like 1

Posted

Well we in Peterborough await a wash Streamer...... But I promise not to keep mentioning the Streamer in every post because talking about the Streamer only gets boring :oops::rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.

Bloody hell, thought I had been posting in the wrong thread!!! LOL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Looks slightly further East and better for our region.

817F2E75-3268-4A77-8D22-B9F8242CE77D.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Just a couple of snapshots from the Euro4

18022612_2512.gif

So by midday tomorrow parts of Norfolk and Suffolk along with areas in line with the winds blowing across the Wash, probably a dusting in quite a few spots with a couple of centimeters in favoured spots. Worth stating that the metoffice warning period would not have begun by this point. Hopefully showers will arrive in the early hours as quite light and scattered features.

Move on 12 hours

18022700_2512.gif

Showers piling into parts of Suffolk and Essex in particular and of course the streamer who must not be named. :p

Tuesday lunchtime

18022712_2512.gif

You can see where that persistent snow has struck towards the north west of the region. It also looks like totals in the east of the region will be topped up as well.

• Like 1

Posted

The met office YouTube forecast looks much better for most of us, snow showers far more widespread. Keep the faith peeps! :cold-emoji:

Posted
1 minute ago, 80sWeather said:

Looks slightly further East and better for our region.

817F2E75-3268-4A77-8D22-B9F8242CE77D.jpeg

I didn't realise that was the feature moving down from the north... That is quite a bit further east than I expected to see at the moment. 

Posted

Glad the Kent lot are gone, will never forgive them for stealing all our storms in the summer every time the buggers. :D

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, Nizzer said:

I'm assuming you've just forgotten to add Essex into the thread title, and that you're planning in adding it? :closedeyes:

The last time checked Essex what part of East Anglia, unless Essixt has happened? :rofl:

I think that wordplay might need some work.....

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Just a couple of snapshots from the Euro4

18022612_2512.gif

So by midday tomorrow parts of Norfolk and Suffolk along with areas in line with the winds blowing across the Wash, probably a dusting in quite a few spots with a couple of centimeters in favoured spots. Worth stating that the metoffice warning period would not have begun by this point. Hopefully showers will arrive in the early hours as quite light and scattered features.

Move on 12 hours

18022700_2512.gif

Showers piling into parts of Suffolk and Essex in particular and of course the streamer who must not be named. :p

Tuesday lunchtime

18022712_2512.gif

You can see where that persistent snow has struck towards the north west of the region. It also looks like totals in the east of the region will be topped up as well.

all  i  know after watching country file i just might book off thu/fri due to the bizzards which are coming our way dont fancy geting stuck 8miles  away from home at work

Posted

North Essex reporting in. Not expecting much at all here but looking forward to the next few days to see how others get on.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, saint said:

I didn't realise that was the feature moving down from the north... That is quite a bit further east than I expected to see at the moment. 

Moving sw saint. Hope it won’t be too frustrating in south Herts. 

Posted

Hello from Cambridge. Let’s see what this week brings for us. Currently at -1.2C. Bring it on.

As mentioned above there will be a reduced service for trains between Cambridge and Liverpool Street/ King's Cross from tomorrow 20.00 up to Wednesday evening. 

Posted
1 minute ago, Captain Shortwave said:

The last time checked Essex what part of East Anglia, unless Essixt has happened? :rofl:

I think that wordplay might need some work.....

No, you're right. It's easier now with the tags you've added! I got a bit lost for a bit though.