Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

1 minute ago, Paul Sherman said:

Great to not hear the drip drip drip

Not so great to see zero convection looking east from the Estuary

And where is the wind ?? Clouds are not moving up there

Eerie feel not a sound out there, where has the beast gone or is it purring asleep atm

Its coming down the coast !

• Like 1
  • Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Officially signing off from my Perch by the window. Have a great year -  Enjoy it with your Families- Current pic - 4.5 inches    my favourite pic - Cheers All

So this is it, the end of winter. Time to look forward to Spring..... Wait, what's this?        Apparently not. So for the time being, we will remain as one for this cold spell. Ple

Just popped in to wish my southeast friends lots of snow, the radar looks very active so you should do well and that includes the coming days!..you deserve this

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, John Stevens said:

Big area over Tumbridge Wells has definitely changed shape and direction in the last 15 mins. Reckon Reigate, Dorking and Surrey Hills are now in the firing line...

E2CD7D35-82A5-4A2B-B82D-320BB4DA61E7.jpeg

That would be good but the wind is from the NE in Reigate at the moment so I don't think it would  hit us. Just got a few flakes at the moment.

Just now, Dipsy said:

That would be good but the wind is from the NE in Reigate at the moment so I don't think it would  hit us. Just got a few flakes at the moment.

I'm in Reigate and think it is changing direction last shower got us and more coming in fro m the east , quite confident now

So can someone with more knowledge explain why, despite the very low uppers and warm sea, the convection has been so poor overall. I remember in 91 there was heavy snow showers all night across a large area.

5 minutes ago, london-snow said:

Oh come now please. How can most get excited when a few passing heavy snow showers that  acculimate to zilch during daylight hours be classed as the ‘Beast from the east’ I’d prefer ‘The nat from the north west’ at least that gave us a frost.

Most if not all here are looking for lying snowfall not fleeting showers that melt in a few secs.

I guess that you haven't seen any snow yet? I'm sure it will come soon enough. 

1 minute ago, Dipsy said:

A few flakes, but at least everyone is settling...

8 minutes ago, pureasthedriven said:

Oh, here's another one! So that's Dorking, Haywards Heath, South Croydon, Burgess Hill...

The Horley ring donut :rofl:

Unlike in Horley, where it never snows, only floods! ?

• Haha 1

Just watched Louise Lear on BBC London and really looks like a MId Kent Streamer to me.Anyone NW of London looks like they may see a passing snow shower but mainly dry there and i think Mid Kent down into Sussex looks the sweet spot.As the hours pass the more worried i am that yet again Locksbottom/Orpington area will miss out.

Message for Steve Murr-Pleased you getting some decent snowfall and hope it continues.The amount you contribute to this forum and others i think you deserve getting plastered tonight:good:.Now if you could just send some of that snow a few miles over to us in Locksbottom/Orpington it would be greatly appreciated lol:D

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Steve Murr said:

Showers coming up the Thames moving more Westwards now - Im pickinh up PPN like a Thames streamer !

Perhaps SE london may squeeze in soon !

Good to hear mate. That could fit in with the met office forecast which has just changed to showing heavy snow for the majority of the night now. It was previously showing light or no snow. 

Edited by snowy weather
1 minute ago, Great Plum said:

Quite a few of us here in Reigate tonight!

Indeed there are. I've just realised I need to get my windows cleaned as its really difficult to make out the few flakes that we have at the moment!

2 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Showers coming up the Thames moving more Westwards now - Im picking up PPN like a Thames streamer !

Perhaps SE london may squeeze in soon !

Ah ok my radar obviously on the go slow, not seeing those on mine

• Like 1